Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Expiring Bundle Discount

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Expiring Bundle Discount

Old 12-02-2021, 20:57   #1
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all
Expiring Bundle Discount

Hi there,
I got a letter a couple of weeks ago to advise that my (Oomph) bundle discount is expiring 17.02.2021.

That was fine, so at the weekend I tried to look in my online account to see what my options were, but it comes up with "Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online."

I phoned up customer services, but I don't think that the guy I spoke to was terribly sure, but he said that he was unable to make any changes to my account either. He suggested it may be worth phoning back after the discount has expired, which I wasn't sure about. Today I've received my new bill with the discount running out, so I've gone onto my online account again, but I'm still getting the same error message.

Was he correct that I'm unable to make any changes, or even look at bundles, until next week, or does it sound like there's an error on my account?

Thanks for your help!
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2021, 21:07   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Expiring Bundle Discount

Do the threaten to leave thing to negotiate a new deal. Even put your 30 days in if you need to you can always change your mind if they do not all to give you a deal . If you do not haggle you will not pay a competitive price. VM rely on the fact most people do not hassle for a better price
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 21:45   #3
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

You have to speak to a special team for the' Oomph' bundle - regular team can not help.

I've alwats got the "Opps" message for online changes and offers - always have to call.

I was told it was because I had offers applied to the account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbrown View Post
Hi there,
I got a letter a couple of weeks ago to advise that my (Oomph) bundle discount is expiring 17.02.2021.

That was fine, so at the weekend I tried to look in my online account to see what my options were, but it comes up with "Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online."

I phoned up customer services, but I don't think that the guy I spoke to was terribly sure, but he said that he was unable to make any changes to my account either. He suggested it may be worth phoning back after the discount has expired, which I wasn't sure about. Today I've received my new bill with the discount running out, so I've gone onto my online account again, but I'm still getting the same error message.

Was he correct that I'm unable to make any changes, or even look at bundles, until next week, or does it sound like there's an error on my account?

Thanks for your help!
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 22:02   #4
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Thanks Ozsat, that makes sense. How do I contact them, is it through the normal CS number?
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 22:03   #5
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

the only way to get the very best deal is to threaten to leave
Old 13-02-2021, 00:09   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbrown View Post
Thanks Ozsat, that makes sense. How do I contact them, is it through the normal CS number?
Yes as ozsat and Jaymoss suggest, any kind of discount and you can't make any online changes (I've tried a few times). You need to select "thinking of leaving" which I think is options 1,1,4,4 when ringing 150 from the landline if you have one (or at least it was until recently). You'll probably negotiate a modest discount by saying you're not happy with the price you're currently paying but if you want a decent reduction you'll need to play hardball and cancel your account. They should ring you back fairly sharpish with a decent offer, but it's not guaranteed.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 06:07   #7
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

You have to ask for the 'Oomph' team when CS answer.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 12:16   #8
jrt1973
cf.member

jrt1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having trouble renegotiating my Dad's TV package. He's in his mid 70's and slightly forgetful and is still using the old TiVo and I can't get down to him to set up the V6 due to lockdown, but he is paying £95 just for full house TV and it will be nearly £100 quid with the price rise. Because it is a legacy package, no available alternative packages appear on their system in retentions. In effect, he is being penalised for never phoning them and has just paid the annual increase. I'm trying to remove Asian Mela, Sky Cinema and Kids Picks and I've now spent 5 hours on the phone to 4 operatives that promise me a call back and none of them have. I'm just going to cancel and go to BT where his BB & Phone is. He only wants Sky & BT Sport for the football. How hard can it be. Thinking of making an official complaint, but don't know how to go about it. Surely technical can manually add or remove services with relative ease if the "system" can't cope with it? They promise a call back and then don't. Only canceliing his DD will work I suppose. I'm paying £85 for 350BB, Maxit TV with Sky Sports HD and weekend calls. Can't believe he is being fleeced, and retentions can't do a discounted deal for 25 years loyalty back to the ntl days... Sigh..

Last edited by jrt1973; 13-02-2021 at 12:20.
jrt1973 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 12:23   #9
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

you could always consider Now TV as an option to go with BT BB. Once you put in your 30 days give them a week to call you and offer you a deal. BTs lead time is around 2 weeks including if you need an engineer for a new line ( this is what they told me when I was considering a move )

Remember the first retentions is just standard CS you need to cancel to get through to the ones who can really help
Old 13-02-2021, 13:39   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Cancelling the DD is very bad idea. Just ring and use the "thinking of leaving" option.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 21:05   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1973 View Post
I'm having trouble renegotiating my Dad's TV package. He's in his mid 70's and slightly forgetful and is still using the old TiVo and I can't get down to him to set up the V6 due to lockdown, but he is paying £95 just for full house TV and it will be nearly £100 quid with the price rise. Because it is a legacy package, no available alternative packages appear on their system in retentions. In effect, he is being penalised for never phoning them and has just paid the annual increase. I'm trying to remove Asian Mela, Sky Cinema and Kids Picks and I've now spent 5 hours on the phone to 4 operatives that promise me a call back and none of them have. I'm just going to cancel and go to BT where his BB & Phone is. He only wants Sky & BT Sport for the football. How hard can it be. Thinking of making an official complaint, but don't know how to go about it. Surely technical can manually add or remove services with relative ease if the "system" can't cope with it? They promise a call back and then don't. Only canceliing his DD will work I suppose. I'm paying £85 for 350BB, Maxit TV with Sky Sports HD and weekend calls. Can't believe he is being fleeced, and retentions can't do a discounted deal for 25 years loyalty back to the ntl days... Sigh..
Whatever you do, don't cancel the direct debit. That could land your Dad in a lot of trouble.
Old 14-02-2021, 12:08   #12
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Whatever you do, don't cancel the direct debit. That could land your Dad in a lot of trouble.
Shouldn't be a problem unless he is in contract - it is just exercising an individual's right to choose.

He has made every effort to change things after all.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 12:25   #13
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Shouldn't be a problem unless he is in contract - it is just exercising an individual's right to choose.

He has made every effort to change things after all.
..but cancelling the DD is not cancelling the contract. It’s choosing not to pay.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 12:46   #14
jrt1973
cf.member

jrt1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your advice everyone. I won't cancel the DD. I will give the 30 days though and see what happens. 100 quid for just full house telly is insane. Not being able to reduce it as "computer says no" is even more maddening. I think Maxit TV on it's own is only £55 + Sport and he could save considerably. Probably go to BT for 12 months and then come back as a new customer. Some of these firms have a funny way of rewarding 20+ years of loyalty.
jrt1973 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 15:45   #15
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Give it a couple days before setting anything else up. Most likely get a call offering you what you want. Possibly even cheaper than new customer prices.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote