Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do Virgin have local sales reps working independently of stores?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Do Virgin have local sales reps working independently of stores?

Old 20-04-2018, 21:19   #1
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Do Virgin have local sales reps working independently of stores?

This may seem an odd question.

We have a guy, claiming to be a Virgin rep, touting for business on our local community Facebook 'Friends of' page in Coventry. He claims to be able to get folk broadband, TV, land line and sim with Virgin Media.

I asked him why he was doing this when folk can easily do the same on line or by calling CS. He replied.

"I'm employed by Virgin Media to explain face to face latest offers and installation routes.
Not everyone likes to communicate over the telephone."

Do Virgin Media market their products via local reps? Is this guy possibly offering a service, for a price, without authorisation?

Background info. Recently, this part of Coventry has just been extensively wired up with FTTP. Over 10,000 households are involved.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2018, 21:26   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Do Virgin have local sales reps working independently of stores?

If he claims to be a VM employee just ask him to send you an email with whatever offer he is promoting. You can then tell from the email addy.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 21:31   #3
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
If he claims to be a VM employee just ask him to send you an email with whatever offer he is promoting. You can then tell from the email addy.
Good idea. Just done that. Awaiting reply.
Old 20-04-2018, 22:19   #4
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Yes there are regional sales teams independent of the stores.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 22:53   #5
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Yes there are regional sales teams independent of the stores.
Can you confirm they have a different email compared to customers just as other VM staff do?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 23:31   #6
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Can you confirm they have a different email compared to customers just as other VM staff do?
All VM staff will have the same email
Old 20-04-2018, 23:32   #7
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I just got this email back. Yahoo flagged it as possible SPAM.

Hi *****,

Thank you for your email,the services I offer is a no obligation face to face appointment to discuss Virgin Media packages and to explain current offers with a brief explanation to how we can install at your property.
If you wish to make an appointment please let me know your availability.

Regards.
***."

There were no Virgin Media logos, headers - nothing to indicate that this was a Virgin Media operation, except that the guy has a Virginmedia.co.uk email address. I'm not sure Virgin Media would be happy about that, unless this is their new modus operandi
Old 20-04-2018, 23:55   #8
kalleh
cf.addict

kalleh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post

Hi *****,

Thank you for your email,the services I offer is a no obligation face to face appointment to discuss Virgin Media packages and to explain current offers with a brief explanation to how we can install at your property.

Regards.
***."

There were no Virgin Media logos, headers - nothing to indicate that this was a Virgin Media operation, except that the guy has a Virginmedia.co.uk email address. I'm not sure Virgin Media would be happy about that, unless this is their new modus operandi

I've seen VM salesmen go door to door in this village and put cards through doors to try get business I believe these sales teams are paid on commission

When I had VM installed at another address it just so happened the vm guy had put a card through the door offering a good discount he even added a refer a friend bonus for my parents so we both got £50 credit on our bills.

This was a few years ago I imagine its even more popular now to get new business especially in areas that just been built up.
kalleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 23:59   #9
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

I had no idea that telcos still went door to door.

I still remember when Nynex went door to door, taking names for their new phone services. In those days, they were massively cheaper than BT - quite something!

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 08:42   #10
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post

Hi *****,

Regards.
***."

Clearly a VM employee, then.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote