Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How To Get Open NAT On Xbox One X?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

How To Get Open NAT On Xbox One X?

Old 04-04-2018, 00:54   #1
ethan103
cf.addict

Services: VM350, Sky Q Silver.
ethan103 is an unknown quantity at this point
How To Get Open NAT On Xbox One X?

I Have just recently got a new Xbox One X and I'm having issues with my NAT settings.

In the main network menu, it says my NAT is "Open".

Bu when Test "Multiplayer Connection" - it comes back with your NAT is strict and recoemends I open port 54938 - How do I do this?

I have a SH3.

Thanks.
ethan103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2018, 11:48   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: How To Get Open NAT On Xbox One X?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan103 View Post
I Have just recently got a new Xbox One X and I'm having issues with my NAT settings.

In the main network menu, it says my NAT is "Open".

Bu when Test "Multiplayer Connection" - it comes back with your NAT is strict and recoemends I open port 54938 - How do I do this?

I have a SH3.

Thanks.
My son had loads of problems with this issue with his X-box one and our SH2 (I'm assuming you're using a wireless connection as he was). Tried some of the suggestions online regarding port settings but nothing worked though I didn't always fully understand what I was doing.
The only lasting solution I found was to use a homeplug connection. This was two or three years ago and he's had no issues since.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 19:22   #3
adduxi
cf.addict

adduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of light

Just a point about the Hub 3. It has a feature ( ahem - bug ) and will only let you open ports if you add them in ascending numerical order .......
adduxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 19:27   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
The only lasting solution I found was to use a homeplug connection
shouldn't make any difference at all because port forwarding and NAT (network address translation) are done by whatever router you are using and the homeplugs still pass their traffic through the router. You need to go into the port forwarding settings in the shub and forward port 54938 to whatever the ip address of the xbox is. This is where the shubs show their limitations because I am not sure if they have got these features but you could do with setting some static ips on a dhcp reservation list so that as an example your pc is 192.168.0.2, xbox 192.168.0.3, mobile phone 192.168.0.4 etc so if you ever have any networking issues with any device you know exactly what you are doing. I have only ever used the shub in modem mode with a proper router (purely for this reason) but I have just done a quick google and found this video which wil explain what to do though. Once again it is an absolute joke though that VM released a shub that didn't work and would have prevented you from using certain devices from the get go just because they cant make a router. Thank god modem mode was available.

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 14:26   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
shouldn't make any difference at all because port forwarding and NAT (network address translation) are done by whatever router you are using and the homeplugs still pass their traffic through the router. You need to go into the port forwarding settings in the shub and forward port 54938 to whatever the ip address of the xbox is. This is where the shubs show their limitations because I am not sure if they have got these features but you could do with setting some static ips on a dhcp reservation list so that as an example your pc is 192.168.0.2, xbox 192.168.0.3, mobile phone 192.168.0.4 etc so if you ever have any networking issues with any device you know exactly what you are doing. I have only ever used the shub in modem mode with a proper router (purely for this reason) but I have just done a quick google and found this video which wil explain what to do though. Once again it is an absolute joke though that VM released a shub that didn't work and would have prevented you from using certain devices from the get go just because they cant make a router. Thank god modem mode was available.

Ta for info GM.
I'm not sure why it works, but it does. He gets 90 mbps solid now through the homeplugs on a 100 mbps connection, hasn't had a significant disconnection for a long time. When on wifi he could rarely complete a game without a connectivity issue around the NAT settings.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote