Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 30-11-2017, 11:36   #3466
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
It runs from the 28th november this year till 27th november 2018
Er, isn't that 12 months?
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2017, 14:34   #3467
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Er, isn't that 12 months?
Correct that’s why I think it’s a good deal
Old 30-11-2017, 15:24   #3468
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Correct that’s why I think it’s a good deal
But you said it was a 9 month discount!

Oh, well, never mind.
Old 30-11-2017, 17:07   #3469
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Just renewed with virgin think this is good offer

Full House TV (XL)

Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo

VIVID 200 Optical Fibre

Line Rental

Caller Display

Talk More Anytime

Additional TV Box

Fully Itemised Billing

Talk 08 5

Sky Sports HD Pack

Premium Add-ons

B T Sky Sports and Cinema Collection Promotional Offer(s)

£31 VIP bundle 9 month discount (until 27th november 2018) Your monthly service charge

Then £130.00 from Tuesday 28th november 2018
That's a really good deal mate, well done...the VIP pack is good...Virgin upgraded me to Vivid 350 and managed to reduce my bill somehow...I wasn't complaining
Old 30-11-2017, 17:19   #3470
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Further details emerge about the launch of BBC Scotland.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/11/b...m-invites.html
Old 30-11-2017, 19:20   #3471
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Speculation that Star Gold may be closing as it's been showing the same five films on a loop since last Friday.
Old 30-11-2017, 21:27   #3472
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
That's a really good deal mate, well done...the VIP pack is good...Virgin upgraded me to Vivid 350 and managed to reduce my bill somehow...I wasn't complaining
I’m in Glasgow we can’t get above the 200 mb service, the 08 deal 250 mins to any 08 numbers is a lifeline
Old 30-11-2017, 21:47   #3473
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Wonder if it will just be viewers in Scotland that will lose BBC4 SD to accommodate BBC Scotland or everyone??
Old 30-11-2017, 23:16   #3474
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Wonder if it will just be viewers in Scotland that will lose BBC4 SD to accommodate BBC Scotland or everyone??
They are just planning to use the BBC Four SD EPG position in Scotland and to shunt BBC Four SD further down the list. There shouldn't be any change for the other nations. It would probably mean issuing a unique SID number for BBC Four HD in Scotland as VM allocates EPG slots by service.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:27   #3475
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The way that I read it was that it would be using BBC4 SD capacity, but there again i've only skimmed through this:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/abouttheb...submission.pdf

Wonder if those outside Scotland will get this on VM, seeing as BBC1 Scotland, S4C etc are available further up the EPG.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:47   #3476
jj20x

Quote:
The way that I read it was that it would be using BBC4 SD capacity, but there again i've only skimmed through this:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/abouttheb...submission.pdf

Wonder if those outside Scotland will get this on VM, seeing as BBC1 Scotland, S4C etc are available further up the EPG.
I've only skimmed through it myself. The reasoning behind my comment was the detail in para 87:

Quote:
BBC Scotland will have as prominent a slot as possible on the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) on all these platforms in Scotland, assuming that it is possible for the new channel to displace BBC Four to a lower slot on the EPG on all platforms. Table 3 shows further details of the highest EPG slots that the new channel could occupy on different platforms, based on the latest available information.
Displacing BBC Four to a lower slot suggests that they won't be removing it.

BBC Scotland could be made available nationally on VM, I suppose that will be decided by VM and the BBC in due course.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:55   #3477
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Just been reading that it will take the capacity of BBC2 Scotland.

Also, the 'Made In' local TV channels are to stop simulcasting truTV.........and start simulcasting CBS Reality
Old 01-12-2017, 04:43   #3478
jj20x

Quote:
Just been reading that it will take the capacity of BBC2 Scotland.
Not strictly true. It will replace the Scottish content on BBC Two Scotland, which will then then be replaced by the English version of BBC Two. That will free up the duplicated BBC Two Scotland channel on satellite but not on other platforms.

Quote:
Also, the 'Made In' local TV channels are to stop simulcasting truTV.........and start simulcasting CBS Reality
It's already happened, Judge Judy is now presiding over these local tv channels.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:13   #3479
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

The hours CBS Drama is on air on Freeview will be reduced.

This makes sense because the programming between 9am and 1pm is also shown later in the day, but one has to ask - is this the beginning of the end for CBS Drama?

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/11/c...iew-hours.html
Old 01-12-2017, 13:47   #3480
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

TV Anywhere App changing to Virgin TV Go....3G/4G capabilities too
Closed Thread