Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 20-04-2018, 16:18   #256
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

I've never seen or encountered a ghost*, although I know a few people who claim to have done.

I'm sure if it did happen though, I'd be straight onto a solicitor to get an injunction order on all that skulking about at midnight rattling chains and the like.

*Movies with Patrick Swayze don't count
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2018, 17:14   #257
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I've encountered spirits since I was about 8 years old and do indeed believe that, in the main, they are people just like us. In fact, many once lived on this plane of existence as we currently do.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 17:21   #258
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

So they can get offended then. That opens a whole new world of litigation. The compensation solicitors will be happy.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 17:37   #259
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I've encountered spirits since I was about 8 years old and do indeed believe that, in the main, they are people just like us. In fact, many once lived on this plane of existence as we currently do.
So have I encountered spirits on many occasions in my life.

Whisky, rum and brandy in particular.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 18:28   #260
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

I'm not too keen on Dark rum(don't like the taste) but have no problem with the other 2.
Old 20-04-2018, 19:50   #261
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 20:01   #262
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
So they can get offended then. That opens a whole new world of litigation. The compensation solicitors will be happy.
I'm sure they can, but resolving this won't be done in the way that us mere mortals do.
Old 20-04-2018, 20:42   #263
RizzyKing

You mean there is common sense in the spirit world well there's a reason to look forward to the end then.
Old 20-04-2018, 21:05   #264
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Compensation and retribution for all good and evil deeds done on Earth appears to be the principle.

Coming back to Earth, all of this legislation wouldn't be necessary if people were just kind and respectful to each other!
Old 20-04-2018, 21:30   #265
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Coming back to Earth, all of this legislation wouldn't be necessary if people were just kind and respectful to each other!
Never gonna happen Richard, you could hang around until the end of the Human race and never see it.

Of course there's a chance that people are by then so dumbed down it won't matter . . .
Old 20-04-2018, 22:10   #266
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Compensation and retribution for all good and evil deeds done on Earth appears to be the principle.

I think you'll find most of the recent comments were spawned by your "ghost" comment.

Pointless getting upset by it.
Old 21-04-2018, 05:23   #267
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I'm not, I wasn't referring to the light hearted comments, I meant the mean things that people say to people who have a disfigurement etc.
Old 21-04-2018, 09:56   #268
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
. . . I meant the mean things that people say to people who have a disfigurement etc.
People everywhere, irrespective of who they are, can be verbally abused at any time by anyone - there is no prerequisite of being 'disabled etc' for this to happen.

I can probably understand where your 'frustrations' are coming from Richard, but by taking your quote in the way you (hopefully) didn't intend it to be taken, one could assume your only concern is abuse given to the disabled . . and therefore dismissive of all others.

Simply trying to point out that the most innocent of statements could - by those who look for it - be construed as something it isn't

No disrespect intended, the 'unfairness' of life is there for all to see, and at least you have the courage to speak up when you feel it's needed.
Old 21-04-2018, 22:07   #269
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Hey, Richard, could you let me know the prescriptions you are currently on? Sometimes I wish I lived in your world.

Not so much at other times, but maybe I could regulate that!

Sorry, no offence, but really... ghosts??
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 13:52   #270
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Ofcom intend to follow countries like Germany and lead a 'global assault' on online abuses covering everything from bullying & harrassment to child abuse. Germany has seen many more moderators taken on to remove innapropriate postings and deal with the perpetrators.

They believe that they are better placed to fight online abuses because it will take thr Government time to set up other bodies.

A formal duty of care placed upon providers of interaction services is proposed to ensure the wellbeing of their service users. This follows the failure of self regulation and the fact that 40% of our most vulnerable in society have experienced innapropriate treatment by others leading to 52% of the public calling for action.

A third of all adults find it difficult to use the internet without being offended by the content.

Newspaper article:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...buses-protect/

Radio discussion:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bk1c1k

It emerged that one of the men involved in bringing this initiative to Germany was found to have once called someone an "idiot" online, but he has since claimed that he wouldn't do this in the present day.

Some have called this an attack on free speech, whilst others have welcomed this as being long overdue.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-09-2018 at 13:55.