Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2 questions about switching

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

2 questions about switching

Old 27-03-2018, 18:30   #1
chumba
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity 2
chumba is an unknown quantity at this point
2 questions about switching

I currently have BT infinity 2 which has always been a decent service for me, other than the price hikes i have no complaints. However ive been a VM customer in the past (about 5 years ago) and had a really good experience with them also but moved to a none VM area hence the infinity switch.

1st Question . VM are literally outside my front door putting green pipes in to the ground ( YAY ) How long until the connection is switched on in anyones experience?

2nd Question . Will the switch be a good choice. Im seeing loads of negative feedback on VM at the moment but that sweet 200mb and VIP package sounds too good to be true.

Sorry to ask more than 1 question. I can split the post if so.
chumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2018, 19:34   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: 2 questions about switching

The Washington build is well underway, will probably still be in the region of 8-12 weeks depending on where you are in the town. There is still a lot of work to do.

Of course it would be a good switch! Of course I'm biased though... but for me the choice between an 76Mbps VDSL or a 350Mbps cable service is a no brainer. V6 box is a tremendous bit of kit as well. You can pop into the VM store in Newcastle sometime for a play with the kit if you need to try it

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 19:45   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Wish I knew what was going on in my area, I signed wayleaves then they just vanished! Moved to next town
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 20:51   #4
chumba
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity 2
chumba is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
The Washington build is well underway, will probably still be in the region of 8-12 weeks depending on where you are in the town. There is still a lot of work to do.

Of course it would be a good switch! Of course I'm biased though... but for me the choice between an 76Mbps VDSL or a 350Mbps cable service is a no brainer. V6 box is a tremendous bit of kit as well. You can pop into the VM store in Newcastle sometime for a play with the kit if you need to try it
Cheers for this. Probably be over at the weekend
chumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 23:26   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumba View Post
Cheers for this. Probably be over at the weekend
just because they are right outside your door doesn't mean you will be connected any time soon. You would think it is a case of they finish laying the cable/whatever new stuff they are putting in, connect it all up to the hub site, make a phone call to get stuff activated, let the accounts dudes know everything is working ok and to make the postcodes available for new signups etc but it isn't. There is another forum member who moved to a new build estate last year and he could see where VM were digging every day and when stuff was done. I believe he even had a flier through his door saying his area was now available for signup yet when he did, he got a big fat NO. He spent ages on the phone speaking to every tom, dick and harry trying to get to the bottom of it, he was assured they had tried emailing and phoning the site manager but nobody could get hold of him for 2 weeks. He was messed about for months and ended up signing up with another isp. I think it was 6 months after he should have been able to get connected they finally got to the bottom of it and he was able to sign up.

I am not saying everyone's experience will be like this but don't get your hopes up. Just because you see them doing stuff, packing up and leaving doesn't mean everything is done and you can ring up and get stuff installed next week.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote