Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | R.I.P Alfie Evans 'Dies’ after life support ends

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

R.I.P Alfie Evans 'Dies’ after life support ends

Old 29-04-2018, 15:24   #61
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: R.I.P Alfie Evans 'Dies’ after life support ends

I still stand by my views Hugh, you have proved nothing to me.

The parents should have the right to as many medical opinions as they wish, to keep their boy alive, if that is what they wanted.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2018, 16:25   #62
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

They received those opinions Mick, even the Italian team agreed moving him to Italy would present further brain damage.

As is totally normal the parents looked everywhere for a better outcome but there wasn't one. All the clinicians agreed. Even the one's the parents requested to give an opinion including the doctors from Italy.

Any continued social media frenzy just prolongs the parents suffering.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 17:17   #63
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Alfie Evans 'Breathing' after life support ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You may have been misinformed.

Swans, yes - children,no...
I have a friend who's wife is a lawyer regarding childrens issues, so I called them today and she confirmed it wasn't correct.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:47   #64
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Very sad to hear this
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:12   #65
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The group representing the parents, especially the lawyers, might face an investigation for bad legal advice: https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018...fie-evans-case
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:15   #66
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

That is pathetic if it is true, the parents are free to take any advice they choose.

But in my opinion, the parents acted on their own volition. That is, they wanted to do all they could to protect their boy and take him abroad because the NHS was no longer a viable solution to them.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:50   #67
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
That is pathetic if it is true, the parents are free to take any advice they choose..
But if you get bad legal advice that's allowed to be questioned. No one is saying the parents aren't entitled to legal advice but that if the legal advice is wrong they need protection against that happening.

Last edited by Damien; 02-05-2018 at 13:00.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 13:04   #68
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I get that but it looks like a scapegoat is being sought to look why the parents took all the legal avenues they did...

The elephant in the room is that they loved their boy and that's all there is to it, Alfie has sadly passed, all this, looking for reasons why this or that, is not needed and they need to let Alfie's death be treated with the dignity it deserves.
Old 02-05-2018, 18:53   #69
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

The elephant in the room is not their child, what parent would not clutch at any straw? That is human nature.

The elephant is the legal advisor via the CLC who will neither confirm or deny his legal standing and the advice he gave the parents.

Do you really think the parents have a case for charging the doctors involved for murder having persued every avenue including second and third opinions at the parents request?
Old 02-05-2018, 19:12   #70
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The elephant in the room is not their child, what parent would not clutch at any straw? That is human nature.

The elephant is the legal advisor via the CLC who will neither confirm or deny his legal standing and the advice he gave the parents.

Do you really think the parents have a case for charging the doctors involved for murder having persued every avenue including second and third opinions at the parents request?
My concern is about whether Alfie suffered as a result of this vain attempt to prolong his life against the advice of the doctors.

We seem to be obsessed in this country about prolonging life regardless of the poor quality of that life.

The first concern should be for the patient, not for anyone else. That is where the medical priority should lie, and that should be made clear in law. Parents should not be able to dictate to doctors about this if it results in more pain and suffering for the patient. Obviously, they should be consulted, but their views should not affect the patient adversely.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 19:31   #71
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

I agree 100% OB but it would appear there are few that put Alfie first when going to the courts. Alder Hey consulted with the parents every step of the way, got their own opinions from other leading children's hospitals as well as those suggested by the parents.

Each and every one agreed there was nothing to be done in this unfortunate case. All the Italllian doctors offered was continued palliative care and more tests.

For every parent in cases like this they can be manipulated because (understandably) they are looking for a solution. I would hate to be in the same position but like it or not eventually you have to accept that there's nothing more to be done.

American Christian groups do nothing more than offer false hope and IMHO extend suffering.
Old 02-05-2018, 20:18   #72
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

Totally agree. It strikes me that this "legal adviser" prolonged the poor child's suffering and put a wedge between Alfie's parents and the hospital.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 20:23   #73
RizzyKing

The second case's like this hit the media the best interests of the child go out the window it becomes a urinating contest for who can look more caring and compassionate no matter what suffering their dragging things out might cause to the kid.