Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Boosting Speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Boosting Speeds

Old 29-10-2022, 14:25   #46
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Boosting Speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Look in the right place:
That does not exist on my Hub 5, so not a case of looking in the right place.

The only place where upstream channels are mentioned is on the upstream tab, like everyone else.
Attached Images
File Type: png modem.PNG (80.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: png modemup.PNG (75.9 KB, 50 views)
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2022, 14:27   #47
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Look in the right place:
I don't have that option on the Hub5 Status tab so the upstream Tab is the correct place for me.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 29-10-2022 at 14:31.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2022, 15:00   #48
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

i don't have that option on the Hub5 Status tab either
Old 30-10-2022, 08:47   #49
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by humey View Post
Top Tier customers will no doubt get a kick to the balls again, remember the normal double even triple upgrades (for 20Mb/ tier to 60Mb/s) and we got 100>120 then 120>152 then 152 to 200 etc.

They should make the upload 100Mb/s to get back on 10/1 from long ago.
Whilst the ratio is low I dont see it like that.

I had a choice between paying £34 for M350, £38 for M500 or £41 for Gig1, so on those prices M350 and M500 are much worse value than Gig1. When I quoted known retention prices to the call operator it was a baffled "those prices dont exist". But I got a nice surprise when I asked how much Gig1 was, was expecting her to say £64.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:28   #50
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

My M200 is now called M250 on my account and still getting around 275 down and 26-27 up.
Old 02-11-2022, 13:13   #51
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My M200 is now called M250 on my account and still getting around 275 down and 26-27 up.
Mine has changed to M250 as well and via wifi cloudfare is showing 250 down and 26 up using my chromebook which is good considering how many people around me work from home using a VM connection.
Old 02-11-2022, 20:46   #52
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Upgrade has taken place tonight after a hub reboot

Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:07   #53
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I'm not seeing any improvement after a hub reboot (M200)

Google Internet Speed Test : 187.6 Dn, 20.6 up

Ookla: 211.67 Dn, 20.81 up

Fast: 210 Dn, 19 up

Guess it didn't take? (I am in modem mode)
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:54   #54
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post

Have they sent you an email telling you to reboot it?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 10:19   #55
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Have they sent you an email telling you to reboot it?
Those results were post reboot. (hub4)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:27   #56
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Happy with this (especially since I downgraded to the 100Mb package, which then got doubled with Volt Boost).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 10:36   #57
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Around 135 down and 23 up on m100 (125). Quite pleased (until the inevitable and presumably imminent price rise follows in typical VM fashion).
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:18   #58
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

check your config.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:00   #59
techguyone
Deus Vult

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
check your config.
Ok how? (in modem mode)

edit: actually it seems I'm no longer in modem mode...

now where is that password

edit2: I'm in, what do I need to look at, and what should it be?

Status
Downstream
Upstream
Configuration
Networklog

Last edited by techguyone; 03-11-2022 at 12:07.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:17   #60
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Ok how? (in modem mode)

edit: actually it seems I'm no longer in modem mode...

now where is that password

edit2: I'm in, what do I need to look at, and what should it be?

Status
Downstream
Upstream
Configuration
Networklog
I thought you a Tech guy, post the numbers for downstream and up stream in the config.

M250
Max Traffic Rate 287500061 bps
Max Traffic Rate 27500061 bps

Last edited by SnoopZ; 03-11-2022 at 12:21.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote