Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2004, 22:34   #91
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Re: CF receive broadband speed upgrade Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheNW
Nope never said I wanted to jump to the head of the queue....I have actually asked in the past for a SACM due to the BB causing problems with the tv and all they ever did was replace the STB and things are fine for a couple of weeks, then its locking box, no internet etc and I was actually told I did not need a new STB when the speed increases were announced
Ring sales on Monday and ask for a SACM, you'll be able to get one fitted no problem
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2004, 22:37   #92
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks Debsy...although last time I asked I was told that this would mean another 12 month BB contract with them, which I couldn't understand why as I wasn't cancelling the BB just asking for the problems to be sorted out. I'll give them another try and see what they say this time
Old 17-07-2004, 23:59   #93
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Anyone who commented on ntl not saying anything and not being open, I absolutely agree.

Considering the hard work and really heavy upgrade schedule that's being done, millions and millions of pounds of new kit, would be lovely to blow the trumpet a bit.

Oh well!
Old 18-07-2004, 00:21   #94
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherN00b
Anyone who commented on ntl not saying anything and not being open, I absolutely agree.

Considering the hard work and really heavy upgrade schedule that's being done, millions and millions of pounds of new kit, would be lovely to blow the trumpet a bit.

Oh well!
Indeed, a company with any decent marketing team, would be shoving this down customers necks, and advertising it like mad, and yes, blow your trumpet like a gooden, its a damn shame that sometimes NTL seem more like the KGB than a customer orientated company.
Old 18-07-2004, 00:57   #95
Nikko
Inactive

Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal
Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal

Just maybe ntl decided to upgrade the whole network, and give everyone a speed increase, in order to be totally ahead of the market. This was expected to take a while, and a lot of work, and equipment, and more than a few quid, so they said "We will switch it on for all subscribers later in the summer, coz after all it is costing you Jack and its FREE".

And so it came to pass that various impetuous, impatient, ill advised, ill conceived, misinformed, pre-emptive, downright ignorant, speculative and foolishly misguided individuals conspired to sound off about how the free upgrade was unreasonable in their own selfish circumstances, and why was it taking so long anyway?

Perhaps, when its all done, and every BB subscriber has got the benefit of a free speed increase, ntl will shout it from the rafters.
Old 18-07-2004, 01:57   #96
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C
Who are you to say anyone is uncaring. How can you say that of someone you have not met.

How can you say its not giving something back, even if it is only 25% thats something. Now if you have a problem with your service have you reported this to faults. Then you can make up your shortfall as you put it
Sorry m8, but certain NTL Staff do adopt this attitude of not caring just to get a sale.

I know that from experience

You nicely snipped my post but if you read it properly you would have realized I was not suggesting it was aimed at Orangebird as if you read further on I commented as to how she got 10 pips/balls for her helpful posts and assistance offered on many occasions here.

As for not meeting her, well how do you I havenââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t.

Also as for me reporting problems with my service to faults, well if you had been around here longer than 9 posts and a couple of days you may have noticed I have been a member here since day 1 and not an NTL Customer in any shape of form and was an Ex NTL Cable Modem Senior so I fairly qualified to know what used to go on in Sales and what apparently still does.

Not that I need to but I will give an example of the shed loads of complaints we used to deal with in CM Tech Support about customers being sold the Cable Modem Package and told it will work - for example USB on Windows 95 or very under spec system.

Again the information given to the customer by the sales team is sometimes coming from the wrong hole just to get a sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th'engineer
Quite agree with your rant bill can not tar everyone with the same brush and Orangebird does help customers she is a great girl . Shes not bad looking too
Hi m8,

Long time no see but it was my post Bill was referring too but as I said I was not tarring them all just highlighting that these people do exist.

PS I have also heard OB is good looking too

Old 18-07-2004, 09:02   #97
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlingman

Also as for me reporting problems with my service to faults, well if you had been around here longer than 9 posts and a couple of days you may have noticed I have been a member here since day 1 and not an NTL Customer in any shape of form and was an Ex NTL Cable Modem Senior so I fairly qualified to know what used to go on in Sales and what apparently still does.

Not that I need to but I will give an example of the shed loads of complaints we used to deal with in CM Tech Support about customers being sold the Cable Modem Package and told it will work - for example USB on Windows 95 or very under spec system.

Hi

Ok sorry jumped in feet first.

Btw ask the mods how long i have been around just lost my posting count. So please dont come the if you had been here longer bit, I have been here long enough.

And i have been around at Ntl for 10 years now. Started with Nynex and went through all the differant names and companys, Have been a field based Engineer all that time so have to meet the customer face to face. So i know what is said You dont need to tell me that.

Old 18-07-2004, 10:33   #98
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C
Hi

Ok sorry jumped in feet first.

Btw ask the mods how long i have been around just lost my posting count. So please dont come the if you had been here longer bit, I have been here long enough.

And i have been around at Ntl for 10 years now. Started with Nynex and went through all the differant names and companys, Have been a field based Engineer all that time so have to meet the customer face to face. So i know what is said You dont need to tell me that.
Welcome back Bill glad to see you back on the forums.

Bill I can say does face the customer and helps sort out the problems.. He is my life saver as I am the fortunate one that lives in the area Bill covers and I know if a problem arises and I am getting nowhere with tech support that Bill will sort it. I hope each area has someone like Bill looking after them..
As I am sure Carlingman knows you have been around from the start of .co.uk
Old 18-07-2004, 11:35   #99
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits
Welcome back Bill glad to see you back on the forums.

Bill I can say does face the customer and helps sort out the problems.. He is my life saver as I am the fortunate one that lives in the area Bill covers and I know if a problem arises and I am getting nowhere with tech support that Bill will sort it. I hope each area has someone like Bill looking after them..
As I am sure Carlingman knows you have been around from the start of .co.uk

I also say welcome back and that Bill C is well known for putting his own time into helping NTL customers particularly at this site.

Incog.
Old 18-07-2004, 12:41   #100
Stop It
Inactive

Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko
Just maybe ntl decided to upgrade the whole network, and give everyone a speed increase, in order to be totally ahead of the market. This was expected to take a while, and a lot of work, and equipment, and more than a few quid, so they said "We will switch it on for all subscribers later in the summer, coz after all it is costing you Jack and its FREE".

And so it came to pass that various impetuous, impatient, ill advised, ill conceived, misinformed, pre-emptive, downright ignorant, speculative and foolishly misguided individuals conspired to sound off about how the free upgrade was unreasonable in their own selfish circumstances, and why was it taking so long anyway?

Perhaps, when its all done, and every BB subscriber has got the benefit of a free speed increase, ntl will shout it from the rafters.
Some foolish people conspired to release the fact that NTL were upgrading their speed? wrong, there is a (Very hidden) Press release on the NTL site, saying they were upgrading the broadband speeds, If you meant the date however (if you do thats very poor wording), Mick put a good argument to that as well.
Old 18-07-2004, 13:33   #101
Nikko
Inactive

Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal
Nikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appealNikko has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It
Some foolish people conspired to release the fact that NTL were upgrading their speed? wrong, there is a (Very hidden) Press release on the NTL site, saying they were upgrading the broadband speeds, If you meant the date however (if you do thats very poor wording), Mick put a good argument to that as well.

You may consider my wording 'poor', but I could apply the same descriptive to your comprehension - I said nothing of the sort, have another read.

The fact that the upgrades were announced is not the issue, its the speculation and whingeing that has occurred pending the official announcement of launch date(s). Doubtless ntl, when they are satisfied everything is in place to roll-out, will make this public and advise the million + subscribers as to when they will actually receive it.
Old 18-07-2004, 16:11   #102
Stop It
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko
You may consider my wording 'poor', but I could apply the same descriptive to your comprehension - I said nothing of the sort, have another read.

The fact that the upgrades were announced is not the issue, its the speculation and whingeing that has occurred pending the official announcement of launch date(s). Doubtless ntl, when they are satisfied everything is in place to roll-out, will make this public and advise the million + subscribers as to when they will actually receive it.
Guess what, there would be no speculation, or whinging, if NTL gave its customers the time of day, that fact is, and remains that NTL have decided to quietly slip out the fact they are upgrading their speeds, and then expect customers to sit tight and hope for the best?, its nothing short of pathetic customer relations, and it shows that NTL UK have lost the plot, even NTL ireland have kept their customers well informed of their speed upgrade, and leaves no doubt of when it is, and what it means, what have NTL uk done? little to nothing, as a paying customer, I expect to be kept informed about developments to my service, its not much to ask, when other companies seem to do it a lot better, (Oh and before you say "why dont you move" im not in a BT ADSL area, and im not going on AOL via ntl because it would be a 50% speed drop)
Old 19-07-2004, 02:00   #103
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

glad ntl have now confirmed the date's, seems those customer support people 2 weeks ago were right when I reported 1st aug and the date's was known by ntl staff
Old 20-07-2004, 20:20   #104
ppolo99
cf.member

Services: 10mbit ntl:
ppolo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, im just glad i know when they start. But i wish ntl did come out and say We will start from 1st august, but ahh well, its gettin done and thats all i wanted.
Old 20-07-2004, 21:00   #105
Electrolyte01

Now that news has made me a happy penguin

Closed Thread