Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 11:13   #601
wakey
Inactive

wakey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It
So its wrong? (what speed are you on btw? 600k or 150? :P) Im now confused and well, annoyed, I know its selfish, but if a NTL bod could post here, (Or pm me) when Biggleswade (and the area around it) Is set to be upgraded, I will give you a kitten, im off to work now, Heres hoping :p
on 600k service
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2004, 11:17   #602
robtufts
Inactive

robtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enough

Well in MK45 it tells me i'm not due to be upgraded until october, yet I rebooted my modem earlier and now im on 1.5mb
Old 02-08-2004, 11:17   #603
Lee
cf.addict

Lee is on a distinguished roadLee is on a distinguished road

No Update here in Kirklees yet, although postcode checker says August.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:20   #604
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Because he doesn't mean STB, he means 'some kinds of SACM, including the Ambit'

The Samsung has a three-key combination to get the engineer's screens, same as the PACE, but I can't for the life of me remember how to do it (do everything remotely now, it's easier).
Old 02-08-2004, 11:24   #605
Lee
cf.addict

Lee is on a distinguished roadLee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
No Update here in Kirklees yet, although postcode checker says August.

Ok so I'm lying - the speed test shows 1.44Mb/s - but my cable modem config file has not changed (well the name hasnt anyway!)
Old 02-08-2004, 11:26   #606
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Kneebs

Well, Not only do I not have the upgrade (as far as I know....) but I have no internet at all !

Woke up this morning and decided I'd reset the STB anyway, just incase, and after rebooting it, the green light won't stay lit - it just flashes every now & again....

When I was on the phone to faults, there was a recorded message saying that there is a problem with interactive services, but the person I (eventually !!) spoke to in faults said that this is a different problem to the one I'm having....

The STB event log shows a Failed to register message, and also a Failed to lease an address with DHCP.

Enjoy your upgrades, some of us are stuck with 56kbps !!!!

PS, i'm on 1meg in Sunderland.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:33   #607
Jowep
Inactive

Jowep is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the confusion! My post has been updated.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:45   #608
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

"When is the speed upgrade happening in my area?
Your service is due to be upgraded during the month of October."

its wrong im on 750kbit, so much for a postcode checker heh, I really feel for those who are not done and if it was me I would have demanded to be put on 1mbit tier for 600k price until completed.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:01   #609
j4y3m
Inactive

j4y3m is an unknown quantity at this point

I just rebooted my cable modem and the upgrade has been done (Glasgow area).

I'm downloading now at about 90KB/s, that about right?
Old 02-08-2004, 12:03   #610
mt50
Inactive

mt50 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm on 750k now.
stoke area btw
Old 02-08-2004, 12:10   #611
karlfoley
Inactive

karlfoley is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

The Colchester UBR has been reconfigured for the new speeds, heres the output from DocsDiag (I had to reboot manually ):

DocsDiag v030720 Copyright 2001-3 Robin Walker rdhw@cam.ac.uk

General Instrument SB3100 Cable Modem: Hardware version: 1; OS: VxWorks 5.3.1; Software version: 3.2.9p

System up time = 0 days 00h 03m 19.45s
Ethernet multiple-collision errs.1 = 46
Downstream channel ID = 1
Downstream channel frequency = 402750000 Hz
Downstream received signal power = -6.2 dBmV
Upstream channel ID = 3
Upstream channel frequency = 25584000 Hz
QoS max upstream bandwidth = 256000 bps
QoS max downstream bandwidth = 1536000 bps
SigQu: Signal to Noise Ratio = 33.0 dB
Cable modem status = Registration complete
Upstream transmit signal power = 44.0 dBmV
Date and Time = 2004-08-02,09:41:17.0+00:00
Configuration filename = mota4100-gold.cm
Old 02-08-2004, 12:19   #612
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Well Glasgow seems to have been done. I'm now running at the 1.5meg speed after a manual reboot.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:21   #613
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneebs
Well, Not only do I not have the upgrade (as far as I know....) but I have no internet at all !

Woke up this morning and decided I'd reset the STB anyway, just incase, and after rebooting it, the green light won't stay lit - it just flashes every now & again....

When I was on the phone to faults, there was a recorded message saying that there is a problem with interactive services, but the person I (eventually !!) spoke to in faults said that this is a different problem to the one I'm having....

The STB event log shows a Failed to register message, and also a Failed to lease an address with DHCP.

Enjoy your upgrades, some of us are stuck with 56kbps !!!!

PS, i'm on 1meg in Sunderland.
Which STB do you have? If it's not a samsung one (silver), you won't get 1.5meg through your stb (so don't bother rebooting it on the offchance...), and you will be receiving a letter about getting your stb upgraded.....
Old 02-08-2004, 12:22   #614
j4y3m
Inactive

j4y3m is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
NDO Bandwidth Speed test at www.speedtest.ndo.com

On Monday, 2nd August, 2004 Your bandwidth measured as:

760.40kbps

which means you can download at 95.05 KB/sec. from our servers.
I should be able to download at 90+ from most places then, that's a bigger improvment than I thought.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:26   #615
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Kneebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Which STB do you have? If it's not a samsung one (silver), you won't get 1.5meg through your stb (so don't bother rebooting it on the offchance...), and you will be receiving a letter about getting your stb upgraded.....
Sorry, I should've said - my old pace was swapped for the samsung a couple of weeks ago in readiness for all this. I did get the letter months ago..

I've just had a call from faults - they're arranging an engineer for this afternoon....so we shall see what happens.....
Closed Thread