Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 07:43   #571
Bill C

Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Hi

This is for those that made this happen.

Mon, 2 Aug 2004 06:41:00 UTC
1st 128K took 734 ms = 178572 Bytes/sec = approx 1486 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 719 ms = 182298 Bytes/sec = approx 1517 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 703 ms = 186447 Bytes/sec = approx 1551 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 719 ms = 182298 Bytes/sec = approx 1517 kbits/sec

Cheers

Advertisement
Old 02-08-2004, 07:50   #572
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

YEY got the speed upgrade here in basingstoke (if you havent got it yet try rebooting the modem)
Old 02-08-2004, 08:03   #573
Blake
Inactive

Blake is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick Thanks to the peeps of NTL who made it happen.

I'm sure there are a few happy punters now with the upgrade, myself included.

Cheers
Old 02-08-2004, 08:04   #574
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon
YEY got the speed upgrade here in basingstoke (if you havent got it yet try rebooting the modem)
Already have, why am I the one defending NTL over the last few days about this upgrade, (by my standards anyway) and then find out my area didnt get done yesterday, its not like its a bad area, far from it.

Anyone here know how much of the country got done yesterday? Is this fear that Im going to wait until the 12th of Never unfounded....
Old 02-08-2004, 08:18   #575
badnbusy
Inactive

badnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enough

1.5 done in Oldham
Old 02-08-2004, 08:46   #576
beardsley
Inactive

beardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Guildford area has been done
Old 02-08-2004, 09:01   #577
smallethic
Inactive

smallethic is an unknown quantity at this point

Successful overnight upgrade here in Norwich to 750. The process seems to have been a technical success (well done techies), but oh what a failure in customer communication. Just think how much customer gratitude and positive publicity could have been generated if only NTL had handled this aspect with more competence.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:05   #578
Stop It
Inactive

Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallethic
Successful overnight upgrade here in Norwich to 750. The process seems to have been a technical success (well done techies), but oh what a failure in customer communication. Just think how much customer gratitude and positive publicity could have been generated if only NTL had handled this aspect with more competence.
Just a bit, this upgrade wasnt even listed on the service status page, let alone advertised, so I havent got a clue whether my speed is supposed to be upgraded, or not, well done to the techies for doing a good job (Only not here :'( ) But where the hell is the PR, NTL , FOR GOD SAKE, talk to your customers, this is pathetic, at least acknoledge this upgrade, at least tell us where is being done, and where is having trouble, not his guessing game we have now, if only I could get ADSL, i would be off in a shot. (If not for the speed, NTL here have been fine for that, but at least go to an ISP that talks to their customers, there has to be better than this out there)
Old 02-08-2004, 09:12   #579
matrix
Inactive

matrix is an unknown quantity at this point

been upgraded leicester area too!!!!!

Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 750000 bps
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 128000 bps

ntl comes through.......who would of thought?
Old 02-08-2004, 09:16   #580
badnbusy
Inactive

badnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix
been upgraded leicester area too!!!!!

Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 750000 bps
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 128000 bps

ntl comes through.......who would of thought?
who would of even known about the if they didnt visit this site???

They have 1+million BB customers, i bet not even 5% know about the increase...
Old 02-08-2004, 09:16   #581
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Well .... whatdoyaknow ... NTL have done what they said they would do

Told ya !!!
Old 02-08-2004, 09:17   #582
RenOfHeavens
Inactive

RenOfHeavens is an unknown quantity at this point

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:12:04 GMT
1st 128K took 1453 ms = 90208 Bytes/sec = approx 751 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 1432 ms = 91531 Bytes/sec = approx 762 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 1452 ms = 90270 Bytes/sec = approx 751 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 1432 ms = 91531 Bytes/sec = approx 762 kbits/sec

In Woking/Guildford area
Old 02-08-2004, 09:17   #583
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

just rebooted and i got it 1.5mb , i can see the cap coming faster as i type
Old 02-08-2004, 09:20   #584
Stop It
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Well .... whatdoyaknow ... NTL have done what they said they would do

Told ya !!!
only they havent, NTL have done what people HERE have told us, not them, and thats the point, they havent acknoledged that they were upgrading now, and now Im in the lurch cause I havent been upgraded, I shouldnt have to (And havent got the time to) wait on hold to NTL TS to ask why my area hasnt been upgraded, and probably just to get a dodgy response, NTL, please, just throw me a ball here, please?
Old 02-08-2004, 09:23   #585
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack

over 750k here through STB in Watford and thats without the overheads. well done to all the guys who were working on a sunday night to get this done!
Closed Thread