Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 16:50   #466
peacedude2k4

Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

ok info please

1 What happened do they force u to reboot ur computer/modem.

2 what kinda speeds u getting ?

Advertisement
Old 01-08-2004, 16:53   #467
nate
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital, NTL Phone & 10mb BB
nate is on a distinguished roadnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedude2k4
I'd imagine you wouldn't see the results until you reset your modem, but...thats just my thinking.
Old 01-08-2004, 16:57   #468
peacedude2k4

Blonde moment but resetting modem would be same as shutting down pc and unplugging modem repluggin and reboot computer up

moment i know cant think

Old 01-08-2004, 16:57   #469
Ben
Inactive

Ben will become famous soon enoughBen will become famous soon enoughBen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ben

I just upgraded from 600K and my cable light on my modem went of for a second and came back on with 1.5Mbit

I would do the speed test but Im currently downloading at 175k/sec
Old 01-08-2004, 16:58   #470
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedude2k4
ok info please

2 what kinda speeds u getting ?
1. Yes, they come round with a loaded gun and force you to do what they said you should do if you haven't worked out from previous posts the answer to your question.

2. Upto what they said they would give.

How about sitting back and taking things easy and forgetting about the increase. You will get it when you get it.
Old 01-08-2004, 17:00   #471
peacedude2k4

1 Thanks for the sarcasm please insert it somewhere else thanks

2 What they say they will give and what servers are gving are two different things hence i prefer to hear it from someone who is using it

Old 01-08-2004, 17:00   #472
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

Beh, rather upsetting that my broadband isnt actually double as I was already getting 256 without knowing it, I thought my dl speeds would soar to around 60kb/s
Old 01-08-2004, 17:01   #473
nate
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianathuth
How about sitting back and taking things easy and forgetting about the increase. You will get it when you get it.
Amen.
It's free. You'll get it soon.
Old 01-08-2004, 17:31   #474
MindfreeZe
Inactive

MindfreeZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
According to this , everyone apart from the 1meg stb users are getting upgraded from the 1st August. It's just the 1meg users in september.
Incorrect, it clearly says that 1meg stb users are getting upgraded 1st september, 150k - 600k users stb on the 1st of august, stand alone modems 150/600/1 Meg Start 1st August.
Old 01-08-2004, 17:40   #475
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindfreeZe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
According to this , everyone apart from the 1meg stb users are getting upgraded from the 1st August. It's just the 1meg users in september.
Incorrect, it clearly says that 1meg stb users are getting upgraded 1st september, 150k - 600k users stb on the 1st of august, stand alone modems 150/600/1 Meg Start 1st August.
Erm, that is pretty much what Mal said.

BTW, Welcome to the site.
Old 01-08-2004, 17:46   #476
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindfreeZe
If its incorrect why have I been told Manchester is being upgraded from 2nd August and my samsung arrives on the 10th August as this was the first date they had, and I will be on 1.5mbit then
Old 01-08-2004, 17:47   #477
nate
Inactive

Also bear in mind that none of this information was officially released by ntl, so we have no real guarantees.
Old 01-08-2004, 17:51   #478
Foo Fighter
cf.addict

Foo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enough

I think there waiting till the surge of bandwidth drops down from people getting doom3

Is there some sort of overall log of bandwidth being used? is it alot more than a usual sunday?
Old 01-08-2004, 17:53   #479
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter
Is there some sort of overall log of bandwidth being used? is it alot more than a usual sunday?

they proberbly expect a surge of bandwidth being used at the weekend, if they do log it im sure it will be a bigger surge than normal
Old 01-08-2004, 18:15   #480
MindfreeZe
Inactive

MindfreeZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheNW
If its incorrect why have I been told Manchester is being upgraded from 2nd August and my samsung arrives on the 10th August as this was the first date they had, and I will be on 1.5mbit then
Soz I just misread what he wrote.
Closed Thread