Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30-07-2004, 14:00   #316
madcap
Inactive

madcap is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
ring em up it is free
Just rang up CS the lady on the other end said, "ohh I think there might be a phone number for that hang on" <lots of shuffling, clomping and mumbling in the background> "ahh yes I've got the number I'll give them a ring and tell them to phone you back"

I am now nervoulsy waiting to see if the call does materialise
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2004, 15:55   #317
badnbusy
Inactive

badnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enough

They called back yet?
Old 30-07-2004, 16:12   #318
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Kneebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap
Just rang up CS the lady on the other end said, "ohh I think there might be a phone number for that hang on" <lots of shuffling, clomping and mumbling in the background> "ahh yes I've got the number I'll give them a ring and tell them to phone you back"

I am now nervoulsy waiting to see if the call does materialise
What area are you in - I'm in Sunderland and had my box swapped a couple of weeks ago...
Old 30-07-2004, 16:57   #319
TheShadow
Inactive

Services: NTL Digital / NTL 3Mbit
TheShadow is an unknown quantity at this point

Blah, I'm on STB, so it looks as if I'm going to be waiting for a while.

Oh well, with a bit of luck I'll be moving soon anyway and will get Telewest cable instead.
Old 30-07-2004, 17:07   #320
bo-peep
Inactive

bo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enough

well i'm not around much these days so i was interested to find out wot they had to say.yes i AM to get an increase.yes i AM going to receive a letter and he had no idea when the increase would be even when i gave him the date shown on here.he wanted to know where i'd heard about it from.so i have no idea why they don't know when my speed is going up.
Old 30-07-2004, 17:13   #321
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

Is it just me whos getting very bored of people constantly complaining about NTL??

The biggest complaints are from people about bandwidth who seem to want to download everything they can see all the time and see no reason why it should be a problem,

and then theres the people who complain about an unreliable service, these people are usually one in the same, its unreliable because of the amount of people constantly maxing it out,

but there may be a legitimate reason why someone would want to download 1GB every day all day, if there is then please tell me
Old 30-07-2004, 17:18   #322
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Welcome to the site Kilro

As I've pointed out before, a majority of members find this site because they themselves have had or have a problem. If we can sort it then fantastic, and we hope that they will they stay and help anyone else who need help.

The site started as purely as this. However it has now grown and expanded to include Telewest and has it's own thriving community of people, which you are welcome to join in with.

We don't all hate NTL, quite the opposite, but you have to bear in mind that people stumble across us because they have a problem.

Welcome on board, and glad you have had good experiences with NTL, similar case to me
Old 30-07-2004, 17:26   #323
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro
Is it just me whos getting very bored of people constantly complaining about NTL??

The biggest complaints are from people about bandwidth who seem to want to download everything they can see all the time and see no reason why it should be a problem,

and then theres the people who complain about an unreliable service, these people are usually one in the same, its unreliable because of the amount of people constantly maxing it out,

but there may be a legitimate reason why someone would want to download 1GB every day all day, if there is then please tell me
i will echo the but have you been lurking for a while as i do not see how you could be bored after 2 posts
Old 30-07-2004, 17:28   #324
madcap
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by badnbusy
They called back yet?
yep the missus took the call. they said they would come out tomorrow but we're out all day so arranged for Monday. Although they rang back to say no boxes were being done that week due to some upgrade work so its the following Monday now.
Old 30-07-2004, 17:28   #325
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap
yep the missus took the call. they said they would come out tomorrow but we're out all day so arranged for Monday. Although they rand bcak to say no boxes were being done that week due to some upgrade work so its the following Monday now.

at least they called you back , it is a start
Old 30-07-2004, 17:30   #326
madcap
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
at least they called you back , it is a start
Yes I'm happy now, I was just starting to worry slightly as 1st of Sep will soon be here and didn't want to leave it to chance even though I'm sure it would of been done anyway.
Old 30-07-2004, 17:34   #327
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:

and then theres the people who complain about an unreliable service, these people are usually one in the same, its unreliable because of the amount of people constantly maxing it out
talk about sweeping statements!

Old 30-07-2004, 17:44   #328
DieDieMyDarling
Inactive

Services: 10 mb NTL Broadband, Sky TV (full package).
DieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I'm sick of people like you thinking you can tell people what they can and cannot download, and when they can and cannot complain about the bad service. The internet is full of legal downloads that could easily take up more than 1GB a day, free games, free movies, pay games, pay movies, etc.
If you don't download that much yourself then fair play, but if other people do, then you have no right to blame them for ntl's shoddy service.

Ntl only offer a guideline of 1GB a day, it isn't a strict rule. Surely if that was to blame for all the email problems, the newsgroup problems, and the connection problems then NTL would be a little more strict, and make it 1GB a day or charge you extra, or cut your connection.

Most of ntl's problems are due to them not knowing their arse from their elbow. And a major lack of communication in the company, which is quite ironic.
Old 30-07-2004, 17:47   #329
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

Heh I guess its just because every topic seems to contain some reference to it, and I suppose it would be annoying to be sent letters for a service advertised as 24/7, but I just dont get how people can use a gig everyday for legit purposes
Old 30-07-2004, 17:56   #330
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

.... and now we're getting Off Topic
Closed Thread