Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 17-07-2022, 15:03   #7261
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

TV shows that show someone reading something on a small device, totally illegible on a home TV screen that is not 5ft wide.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2022, 09:18   #7262
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Oh come on ASDA! 11 substitutions? Mostly EXTRA potatoes it would appear.I know it's hot but you work in an air conditioned workplace and it's the coolest part of the day.

I suppose the fact you probably get paid peanuts should figure in my understanding but 11 substitutions in my order? Seriously?
Old 18-07-2022, 09:26   #7263
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Oh come on ASDA! 11 substitutions? Mostly EXTRA potatoes it would appear.I know it's hot but you work in an air conditioned workplace and it's the coolest part of the day.

I suppose the fact you probably get paid peanuts should figure in my understanding but 11 substitutions in my order? Seriously?
I've noticed an increase in things not being available in supermarkets anylonger. Not just online delivery either. Who or what to blame? Can't say as 52% of voters get upset....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2022, 11:38   #7264
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

We have been quite lucky with our online orders so far with just 2 or 3 substitutions usually.

The worst supermarket online is Tesco who cancelled 2 orders in a row a while back.

Now its Sainsbury's and Morrisons for us.
Old 19-07-2022, 20:24   #7265
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Tesco came up trumps for me even though I did not request substitutions i.e. 6 bags of Walkers crisps and 2 bags of frozen chips for £1.99.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tesco.JPG (35.6 KB, 8 views)
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2022, 20:30   #7266
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Tesco came up trumps for me even though I did not request substitutions i.e. 6 bags of Walkers crisps and 2 bags of frozen chips for £1.99.
Much nicer chips you got there
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 19:33   #7267
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Virgin Media Retentions

Called got through to Indian Call centre. Was chatting away got cut off called again got through to UK and was then plied with so much excrement it is unbelievable

Gave her a chance to offer me a deal, said I am not bothered if you drop my speed to which she said you downloaded about 1TB in the last month you are maxing out the 200 meg. I said excuse but if if I was maxing out the 200 meg then I would be downloading terabytes everyday.

She then decided to try another approach saying that if I drop the speed then the modem might drop out or I might get buffering when streaming. To which I told her that 3 of us could stream 4K all day on 100 Meg so I dunno where she was getting her faqs

Anyway ended up offering me a deal which was not good enough especially as it will go up again in April so I put my notice in to end when the contract I am apparently on but is not on my account anywhere for me to see ends on Aug 23rd.

They need to offer me a stonking deal this time as I feel like it is time to go on Openreach so I can be a new customer every contract and get all the lovely 80 to 100 quid gift cards they give away every now and then
Old 20-07-2022, 20:07   #7268
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Threaten to leave if they dont give you better service
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 20:25   #7269
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Threaten to leave if they dont give you better service
did ya miss this bit

Quote:
Anyway ended up offering me a deal which was not good enough especially as it will go up again in April so I put my notice in to end when the contract I am apparently on but is not on my account anywhere for me to see ends on Aug 23rd.
Thanks anyway bud
Old 29-07-2022, 16:40   #7270
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Child proof locks that I struggle to open
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2022, 16:51   #7271
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Child proof locks that I struggle to open
Get a kid to do it for you.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2022, 18:18   #7272
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Psoriasis. I only get it occasionally and usually mild but this time quite bad. Itchy does not even begin to describe it. Unfortunately it's also gone into my hands like nasty paper cuts and is affecting the finger nails. Not pretty.

Good thing it's not infectious as it's an auto-immune response.
Old 29-07-2022, 19:47   #7273
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Mr T fell yesterday and broke his (bad) leg, he was being operated one this afternoon. Hospital is not answering the phone. That will make two of us hobbling about.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2022, 20:09   #7274
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Mr T fell yesterday and broke his (bad) leg, he was being operated one this afternoon. Hospital is not answering the phone. That will make two of us hobbling about.
Sorry to hear about Mr T. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 29-07-2022, 20:38   #7275
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Psoriasis. I only get it occasionally and usually mild but this time quite bad. Itchy does not even begin to describe it. Unfortunately it's also gone into my hands like nasty paper cuts and is affecting the finger nails. Not pretty.

Good thing it's not infectious as it's an auto-immune response.
l remember getting that when l was much younger and its certainly not very nice going by my own experience.

Thankfully l have not had it for about 40 years.

l hope you get better soon Heero.