Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?
View Poll Results: What is your favourite Star Trek series?
Enterprise 2 6.06%
The Original Series 5 15.15%
The Next Generation 12 36.36%
Deep Space Nine 7 21.21%
Voyager 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 17:49   #31
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I can understand the appeal of either. I absolutely love Stargate and at the same time i really enjoyed season 7 of ds9. By that point though you couldn't just watch one episode, story arc or not, you would need to know everything has happened in the run up to it (i.e the dominion and the current state of affairs in the alpha quadrant).

Everyone mocks Enterprise but i think the one thing they got right was the balance between individual eps and story arcs. I loved the 2 and 3 parters, it gives you time to cover a story more thoroughly.
The Enterprise time war story arc was unremitting gonads. For me it utterly ruined the whole premise, which was to strip out a lot of the high tech of the earlier series.
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2016, 17:51   #32
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Scott Bakula was the main problem, too high profile for another big sci-fi show. Every time I saw him on screen I was expecting Al to pop up smoking his cigar. And as for Trip, I wanted to flip.... every time I heard his voice I just thought I was in a episode of Dallas. I'm surprised he never wore a cowboy hat!
Old 08-06-2016, 17:58   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Good news, it sounds like we can look forward to the classic Star Trek we love with a new lick of paint. Rather than trying to completely reinvent the show they have got some of the old writers back:

"The new Star Trek series is sticking with the veterans. According to 1701 News, the upcoming CBS series will feature writers from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Heroes.

From showrunner Bryan Fuller, the new series is expected to premiere on the network’s streaming service, CBS All Access, in early 2017.

Former Next Generation story editor Joe Menosky has reportedly joined the new series’ writing team alongside Heroes writer Aron Coleite. Menosky also wrote on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager.

Previously, we reported Star Trek: Voyager novelist Kirsten Beyer had joined the writing staff as well."

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/st...eroes-writers/
Old 15-06-2016, 18:02   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I was hoping they was going to do something like this:

Star Trek will return to the big screen next month, and Star Trek Beyond will acknowledge the passing of Leonard Nimoy. He appeared in both of the new films as his character of Spock, and his death did have an impact on the cast of the film.
At a recent appearance, Justin Lin spoke about joining the popular science-fiction franchise and the way the film will handle the death of the older Spock. He said the following, according to Trek Core:

“It’s something you’ll see in the film. It obviously affected everybody, because he’s been a big part of our lives. There’s an attempt to acknowledge that in some way.”

He also admitted that Spock was one of his favorite characters and that helped pushed him to sign on for the project. He said:

“Bones is my favorite character, because I’ve always viewed him as the curmudgeonly uncle I never had. So it was fun to talk with Karl [Urban] about where McCoy is going and where he is right now. I almost feel like I’m making the biggest-budgeted fan film! We got to have Bones and Spock have the conversation I’ve always wanted them to have. I didn’t realize how much the franchise was a part of me until we played with putting characters in these different situations.
Old 20-06-2016, 00:02   #35
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Sad news. Probably deserving of another thread but Anton Yelchin has died aged 27. Best known as Chekov in the New movies and Kyle Reese from Terminator Salvation.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...l#post35843945

Deleted most of the post and reposted in thread above.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 20-06-2016 at 00:30.
Old 21-06-2016, 12:59   #36
Scary
Inactive

Services: Size XL 120mg BB Tivo box v+ box
Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

he was a really good actor, i am sad that he has passed away my thoughts are with his family
Closed Thread