Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?
View Poll Results: What is your favourite Star Trek series?
Enterprise 2 6.06%
The Original Series 5 15.15%
The Next Generation 12 36.36%
Deep Space Nine 7 21.21%
Voyager 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2016, 18:15   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?

As you are probably aware a new Star Trek tv series is going to start in January 2017 and we are currently discussing it in this thread. Everybody has different tastes and whilst the new films have proven to be popular, I personally prefer the themes of the TNG movies and I am hoping that the "Star Trek-ness" is going to be reflected in the new series as well.
Each of the previous series has it's pro's and cons; I love the TNG crew, I love the war with the Dominion and Sisko having to walk the line in terms of doing the right thing and obeying orders/rules and I love Voyager for the science, the ship and the Borg. What is your favourite?
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2016, 18:29   #2
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?

TNG for me... but only just ,Voyager was good but pipped at the post by TNG because Patrick Stewart is more watchable than Kate Mulgrew who was just bloody irritating

Old 19-05-2016, 18:42   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I agree, Patrick Stewart is the best captain by miles.
Old 19-05-2016, 19:52   #4
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Yes, picard was the best.

There was a time when TNG/Voyager & DS9 all overlapped and were on TV at the same time, I think anything in the same Universe can get used too much and become stale if milked to excess.
Old 19-05-2016, 20:01   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

well the good news is that it has been 10 years since we have had any new Star Trek to watch so I am hyped for this. I just hope they stick to 20-26 episode seasons and don't do anything gay like 12 episodes. I love GoT and it sets the bar for quality but you just get in to it and realise that it is episode 10 and the season has finished.
Old 19-05-2016, 20:29   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Particle Of The Week (Voyager) had its moments, but for me, you can't beat TNG. It really got going from mid season 2 IMO, and got better and better throughout. NexGen effectively validates the genius of the original idea, because it was, from launch, a continuation of it. The flaws in DS9 (too static) Voyager (too isolated ... exactly how many shuttles does an Intrepid class starship carry?) and Enterprise (not enough tech, especially in the early seasons. Transporters were an inspired idea in the original series, for good reasons) are all, to a greater or lesser extent, caused by deviating from one or more of the plot devices that made TOS and TNG so flexible.

Having said that, I've watched every episode of every series, often several times over, so they're not all that bad.
Old 19-05-2016, 20:30   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well it was a close call between TNG and DSN but in the end it has to be DSN.
Old 19-05-2016, 20:39   #8
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I think the animated series is also worth a mention - it wasn't bad at all.
Old 19-05-2016, 21:51   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Star Trek Continues is worth a mention too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ
Old 19-05-2016, 23:00   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Once it got going DSN was good, but overall I think TNG.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 19-05-2016, 23:40   #11
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Another vote for TNG. I remember when it started and I hated it, but I was soon buying the VHS tapes soon enough.

I never thought I'd warm to DS9 as it definitely had a different vibe to it than the rest of the Trek universe. But I find watching old episodes of different Trek series' and its DS9 that seems to stand the test of time the best for me.
Old 20-05-2016, 03:29   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

For me it's a close call between TNG and Voyager.

I was just turning 16 when Voyager started and I just remember being wowed by it. Was the first fully cg series as well I think as didnt use models from the start.

I did enjoy the earlier DS9 series but was bored by the end.
Old 20-05-2016, 08:04   #13
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Star Trek Continues is worth a mention too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ
No, it really isn't ...
Old 20-05-2016, 08:23   #14
Tali
cf.addict

Tali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about them

I voted DS9, but only really from S4. Other than that, I would then say VOY, TOS, TNG - although TNG did have some outstanding episodes.
Old 20-05-2016, 14:25   #15
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

TOS, often imitated never bettered.

When I was growing up it was always Star Trek over Dr Who (which I still don't really watch to this day). As dilli says - the animated series was good too. Thinking about it I've enjoyed all the TV series but can't say I've been that impressed with the last couple of films.

Cheers

Grim
Closed Thread