Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New US Shows Spring/Summer 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New US Shows Spring/Summer 2016

Old 07-05-2016, 19:20   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: New US shows Spring/Summer 2016

that is exactly what I was going to say. If we were friends and you lived closer I would copy them all onto my tablet and bring it in for you.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2016, 20:18   #32
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I started watching them on large screen 1080p not gonna stop now. They'll wait
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 21:14   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I completely understand. I have been having a little rant in another thread about the BBC, budgets and production quality and GoT is a perfect example of what I have been talking about. Watching it in standard definition or on a small screen just doesn't do it justice. Whether you are standing on The Wall, looking at the Red Keep in Kings Landing, or any of the gorgeous scenic countryside or ocean vistas, it all needs to be in HD on a big tv. I don't get tired of it, I am constantly in awe and believe it is all real.
Old 17-05-2016, 11:01   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Although I am not a huge fan of psychology I love to watch apocalyptic stuff (e.g. Day After Tomorrow) because I love to study human behaviour and analyse how people react to different situations
When you have got 2 mins everybody need to watch a new mini series called Containment. It is sort of like Outbreak the tv series and follows a viral outbreak in the city of Atlanta. I love watching stuff like this from a science point of view but also to see how the public and police react and how everything can go wrong just through people trying to act compassionately and trying to do the right thing for the people they care about. It started 4 weeks ago and for some reason I didn't think it started till tonight so I am catching up now. I have just finished 1x02 and I love it.
Old 17-05-2016, 11:36   #35
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I know Prison Break and 24 aren't really new but the rest are even if they are TV series of movies.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/chec...eapon-more-415
Check out first trailers for Prison Break, 24: Legacy, Lethal Weapon & more

Quote:
It's that time again, when the new shows of the 2016/2017 television season are rolled out and we can take bets on which of them stand a chance of making it past their first season. Twentieth Century Fox recently unveiled their schedule for the upcoming season as well as debuting first-look trailers for many of their new series, which includes the revival of Prison Break, the 24 spin-off/reboot 24: Legacy, an adaptation of action/comedy classic Lethal Weapon, attempting to capture the terror of The Exorcist, and doing the Time Warp with a reimagining of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Old 17-05-2016, 11:55   #36
General Maximus
Ran Away

Excellent, it is about time some proper tv series came back which we can really get in to. Less is more and this year there have been far too many new series with no substance that have been/will be cancelled. I cant wait for both series and over the last month I gave been craving the lottery numbers of 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 42.
Old 17-05-2016, 19:14   #37
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The Lethal Weapon series actually looks pretty good.

So glad to have a new Prison Break series, hopefully it will be great.
Old 17-05-2016, 22:50   #38
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
When you have got 2 mins everybody need to watch a new mini series called Containment. It is sort of like Outbreak the tv series and follows a viral outbreak in the city of Atlanta.
Dont get too attached to it, CW already cancelled it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 14:04   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Dont get too attached to it, CW already cancelled it.
it is a mini-series. Surely it is going to run to its conclusion?
Old 18-05-2016, 17:43   #40
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I completely understand. I have been having a little rant in another thread about the BBC, budgets and production quality and GoT is a perfect example of what I have been talking about. Watching it in standard definition or on a small screen just doesn't do it justice. Whether you are standing on The Wall, looking at the Red Keep in Kings Landing, or any of the gorgeous scenic countryside or ocean vistas, it all needs to be in HD on a big tv. I don't get tired of it, I am constantly in awe and believe it is all real.
When I turn on the tv and put on BBC 1,2, ITV, CH4, 5 and its the same rubbish time and time again. It's makes you want to cry. How many shows does there need to be following the police around, or inspector checking dirty hotels/restaurants, celebrity chefs, antiques, buying house, some programme about someone's elses health issues etc?

Then you watch a show like Game Of THrones and sit back in bliss and realise tv is still relevant if its made by the right people.

There have been far too many new shows these days with Netflix and Amazon accelerating things even more. But there are gems out there, one of mine Hell On Wheels will start again soon. And as Greg Berlanti, the American tv producer, has been mentioned earlier in the thread, check out his earlier show ánd my all time favourite Everwood, for some excellently written family drama.

But its always nice to go back into the darkness after the light and snuggle up with Norma and Norman Bates in Bates Motel. Great tv is around, you just have to go looking!

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Oh thank gawd.. Someone killed Joffrey...

Upto S4 just starting E3
Hope you're feeling better. Don't worry someone even more "pleasant" than Joffrey comes along. "Sausage anyone?"
Old 18-05-2016, 18:12   #41
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
It's makes you want to cry. How many shows does there need to be following the police around, or inspector checking dirty hotels/restaurants, celebrity chefs, antiques, buying house, some programme about someone's elses health issues etc?
It is because it is all cheap to make and doesn't involve any effort. I don't know what channel my Sky box was on earlier but when I turned it on some sort of Gordon Ramsey trainee chef cooking programme was on and in the 5 seconds it was on before I switched the channel over he was saying "disaster averted, Fred (can't remember name) nearly let that salmon go out uncooked". And all I could think of was what a farce the whole thing was and how it had been setup. There is no way Gordon Ramsey would even bother teaching a potential top notch chef if he couldn't even cook fish properly and notice the difference between cooked and uncooked.
Going back to money and budgets though, on the odd occasion one of the networks do try to make a new and decent "series" it only lasts for a few episodes so it isn't really a tv series. Downton Abbey comes to mind and DCI Banks (I think there were 3 episodes). I don't watch any terrestrial tv at all so I haven't seen any of them but I can remember seeing the listings for it on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
"Sausage anyone?"
luckily for me I am vegetarian
Old 18-05-2016, 20:01   #42
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
it is a mini-series. Surely it is going to run to its conclusion?
As I dont watch it, I dont know, simply noted they cancelled it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 22:10   #43
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: New US Shows Spring/Summer 2016

A new Australian series starting on Sundance in the US next month sounds interesting, sounds a bit like X-Men:

Cleverman

Set in the near future, "Cleverman" is a startlingly original drama rooted in Aboriginal mythology. The series depicts a deeply conflicted and anxious society, fearful of a minority group living among them, endowed with extraordinary physical traits. One young man - The Cleverman - struggles with his own power and the responsibility to unite this divided world, but he must first overcome a deep estrangement from his older brother.
Old 19-05-2016, 08:28   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

Re: New US Shows Spring/Summer 2016

I have got it on my calendar, Thursday 2nd of June if anyone is interested. Next month we have also got the season premiere of The Last Ship on Monday 13th and Zoon on Thursday 29th.