Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Colony

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Colony

Old 15-02-2016, 22:04   #16
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Colony

@mods It's a US timeline thread so as Paul normally suggests no need for spoiler tags if the show has been broadcast in the US

Geronimo has been shown to be a false idol, it didn't surprise me that they screwed the voice over the fake trial which was a typical occupationist move. I do wonder though who is writing the scripts??
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2016, 22:17   #17
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The script-writers were the two arty people they arrested in the Green Zone - they were producing the posters *and* the radio scripts.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 08:27   #18
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
The script-writers were the two arty people they arrested in the Green Zone - they were producing the posters *and* the radio scripts.
Shows that you can miss something so obvious, I assumed they were purely doing the posters.
Old 16-02-2016, 20:03   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
@mods It's a US timeline thread so as Paul normally suggests no need for spoiler tags if the show has been broadcast in the US
Correct, spoilers are only needed if the episode has not been shown in the relevant country (so US in this case).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:29   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am confused. Did I need them or did I not? It had aired in the US when I made my post but not in the UK so I was still technically spoiling it for the majority of Europe-based forum users who hadn't seen it yet.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:36   #21
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am confused. Did I need them or did I not? It had aired in the US when I made my post but not in the UK so I was still technically spoiling it for the majority of Europe-based forum users who hadn't seen it yet.
You don't need spoilers in a US Timeline prefixed thread if the bit you are talking about has already been shown in the US. The prefix means that UK viewers know to avoid the thread.
Old 16-02-2016, 21:43   #22
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Sorry, my bad.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 22:25   #23
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Sorry, my bad.
Drop them and bend over, I'll spank you as soon as I can find my studded paddle
Old 16-02-2016, 23:46   #24
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Drop them and bend over, I'll spank you as soon as I can find my studded paddle
What, again.....

I keep forgetting the 'safe word'.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 15:06   #25
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

time for a tiny grumble. I moaned my ass off in the Legends of Tomorrow thread about realism and things making sense and now I need to do it for Colony.

We all know that Will has a target on his back as he is/was the face of the anti-resistance and as far as anyone is concerned, the resistance has attacked his house. Sooooo, now that Phyllis is dead and Will is the head of the task force wtf hasn't he been relocated to the green zone and/or moved into Phyllis' house? I know it makes for good story telling for him to stay where he is but if they need to stick with the rules they establish and that is that the higher ups live in the more protected and privileged areas.
Old 29-02-2016, 15:15   #26
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
time for a tiny grumble. I moaned my ass off in the Legends of Tomorrow thread about realism and things making sense and now I need to do it for Colony.

We all know that Will has a target on his back as he is/was the face of the anti-resistance and as far as anyone is concerned, the resistance has attacked his house. Sooooo, now that Phyllis is dead and Will is the head of the task force wtf hasn't he been relocated to the green zone and/or moved into Phyllis' house? I know it makes for good story telling for him to stay where he is but if they need to stick with the rules they establish and that is that the higher ups live in the more protected and privileged areas.
Trust...

Those up high do not trust him. Phyllis was high up before the arrival and probably went to work for them right away where as Will went into hiding and was forced into the job.
Old 29-02-2016, 16:39   #27
General Maximus
Ran Away

true, I'll let that one go for now then
Old 02-03-2016, 23:55   #28
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I just watched ep4 and it was flipping good. When I watched the pilot I thought it might try and be too light hearted so it appeals to the wider family audience but I love how serious it is getting and addressing the realistic social tensions and issues which would arise if such a situation were to occur. Season 1 is 10 eps so lets hope we can hold out till the end!
There's no aliens, but I don't know if you're aware of a Norwegian drama called Occupied which is currently showing on Sky Arts.

It deals with the kind of issues you highlight and you might enjoy it, if you don't mind some subtitles. It's about the Russian occupation of Norway.

As for Colony, I'm sticking with it but zzzzzz, at least its useful to have on in the background while ironing.

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Quote:
Trust...

Those up high do not trust him. Phyllis was high up before the arrival and probably went to work for them right away where as Will went into hiding and was forced into the job.
It also seems to be that those higher up don't trust each other either as far as we can tell.

A classic divide and rule.
Old 20-03-2016, 18:36   #29
General Maximus
Ran Away

well it is all over and done with now. Tbh I thought it was a cracking first season, I have definitely seen worse. They covered a lot of ground and managed to keep up the high level of suspense throughout. It was nice to see the Homeland blondie finally come around to the good side in the last episode. It was nice to finally see an alien but I was half disappointed that we didn't actually get to see it's true form. I can understand that they want to maintain the intrigue though and carry it into season 2. I realise they are focusing more on the human drama but I hope that when they do show us the aliens that they put a lot of thought and care into justifying/explaining their form/anatomy, why they need the suits and where they came from.
The one thing I don't get is that while Will was waiting outside all the drones started turning up. I didn't think him and Katie were going to make it out without being zapped by the lasers and I thought he was going to have to kill her to save his ass and prevent her from being taken alive and tortured. How the **** did she manage to walk out the front door? I watched it back and she definitely walked out the front door and didn't go down the hole with the other guys.
Old 26-07-2018, 23:02   #30
General Maximus
Ran Away

Gutted it is cancelled. They really got the ball rolling with the story this season and as always it ended on a cliff hanger. It really needs a 3 or 4 episode mini season to wrap things up, let us know how the war ends and what happens to everyone on Earth.