Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can not search on YouTube

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Can not search on YouTube

Old 19-08-2019, 22:34   #1
krismestry
cf.member

krismestry is an unknown quantity at this point
Can not search on YouTube

For the last few days when I use the YouTube app on my Virgin V6 box, I have not been able to do a search. I click on search and get a list of previous searches but no grid to make a new search. My sister in the same area has a V6 box and her YouTube app is fully working. I rebooted my box but it's still the same.
krismestry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2019, 00:11   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Can not search on YouTube

This is being investigated by TiVo and YouTube engineers. Fault ticket reference F007341070
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 08:13   #3
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

For what it's worth if you have a mobile phone running the YouTube app it is far easier to search in your phone and use the cast button (TV symbol with WiFi waves in the corner) to play the video on your TV through the TiVo YouTube app. Both the TiVo and your phone need to be connected to the same local network.
Old 20-08-2019, 09:05   #4
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Can not search on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismestry View Post
For the last few days when I use the YouTube app on my Virgin V6 box, I have not been able to do a search. I click on search and get a list of previous searches but no grid to make a new search. My sister in the same area has a V6 box and her YouTube app is fully working. I rebooted my box but it's still the same.
Had same here since Sat. I did report it to VM who were only interested in me doing a equipment power down, disconnect and reboot (which I always do before I call them) to no avail. Said they would log my complaint with their tech team and someone will call me back. No one has called (surprise!)
Thanks @kgollop for that work around though!
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 12:11   #5
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Problem appears fixed just now. Full "Search" and the on screen keyboard returned.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 23:01   #6
krismestry
cf.member

krismestry is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tried YouTube now and still can't do a search.
krismestry is offline   Reply With Quote