Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 04-08-2019, 17:01   #1126
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
BT Sport Ultimate will be showing 52 Premier League games and a selection of Champions League and Europa League games at 50 frames per second in 4K Ultra HD, HDR and with Dolby Atmos.

The 1st match on the new channel will be this afternoon with the FA Community Shield match between Liverpool and Manchester City
New channel? I thought it was just a rebranding of the existing 4K channel?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2019, 17:36   #1127
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Its more of a relaunch to bring their 'technical' quality stuff all together under one name.
But the stuff is all spread around different platforms.
HDR is only on streaming - Dolby Atmos seems to be only on linear.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 17:44   #1128
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Its more of a relaunch to bring their 'technical' quality stuff all together under one name.
But the stuff is all spread around different platforms.
HDR is only on streaming - Dolby Atmos seems to be only on linear.
Ah. Good to know. Thanks.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 22:47   #1129
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
BT Sport Ultimate will be showing 52 Premier League games and a selection of Champions League and Europa League games at 50 frames per second in 4K Ultra HD, HDR and with Dolby Atmos.

The 1st match on the new channel will be this afternoon with the FA Community Shield match between Liverpool and Manchester City
I recorded the game and when I played it the sound was terrible cutting out etc not a good start
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 23:40   #1130
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched the match and the picture was pure quality,and I'm sure it was in HDR as it was a richer slightly darker picture than normal.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:12   #1131
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There is a known fault at present where the BT UHD audio breaks-up on recording but not live tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I recorded the game and when I played it the sound was terrible cutting out etc not a good start

---------- Post added at 05:12 ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 ----------

BT did NOT do provide this match in HDR on any platform or stream. It was never advertsied as being in HDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
I watched the match and the picture was pure quality,and I'm sure it was in HDR as it was a richer slightly darker picture than normal.
Old 22-08-2019, 12:27   #1132
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Hi all, I've finally made the jump and got myself a shiny new 4K TV

So I am aware there are the Virgin and BT Sport 4K linear channels, along with 4K content on Netflix, Prime and YouTube, with Sky content to come next year. Is there any other 4K content I'm missing? Thanks in advance
Old 22-08-2019, 14:12   #1133
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Hi all, I've finally made the jump and got myself a shiny new 4K TV

So I am aware there are the Virgin and BT Sport 4K linear channels, along with 4K content on Netflix, Prime and YouTube, with Sky content to come next year. Is there any other 4K content I'm missing? Thanks in advance
No, that's about it, but I think we are doing rather well for UHD, and when the Sky UHD content comes along next year, that will be about as much as there is available.

The Virgin Media UHD channel is only on during the evenings, but the content is excellent. No ads on there, either!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 14:51   #1134
kgollop
cf.geek

kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, that's about it, but I think we are doing rather well for UHD, and when the Sky UHD content comes along next year, that will be about as much as there is available.

The Virgin Media UHD channel is only on during the evenings, but the content is excellent. No ads on there, either!
Thanks Old Boy I thought as much, no UHD On Demand content on Virgin's own platform yet then?
Old 22-08-2019, 14:51   #1135
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Remember 'The Rook' is in UHD via On Demand
Old 22-08-2019, 14:55   #1136
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Beat me to it! I'm really looking forward to starting 'The Rook' and hopefully we will see much more content from the VirginTV UHD channel available on demand in the future.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 15:00   #1137
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I found The Rook very good. I have been viewing it downscaled on my HD TV and even there the picture quality is excellent.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 15:54   #1138
kgollop
cf.geek

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 27-10-2019, 21:34   #1139
kgollop
cf.geek

The new David Attenborough show Seven Worlds One Planet is available in UHD on iPlayer, first episode looks great!
Old 28-10-2019, 15:43   #1140
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Not just UHD - it is in HDR too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
The new David Attenborough show Seven Worlds One Planet is available in UHD on iPlayer, first episode looks great!