Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 25-07-2019, 14:48   #1426
MyBraiNz
cf.member

MyBraiNz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Shouldn't this be on the comedy channel...........
Haha yea, but i'm not going down that road about which category WWE comes under, for me its just a bad habit for many years now

Looking forward to AEW though, at least it isnt PG
MyBraiNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2019, 16:48   #1427
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Even quicker when you press Home then 4
..or just press the "magnifying glass" symbol on the remote!
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 20:04   #1428
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Any date on when this will happen?
Date now confirmed by Sky Media site

On Tuesday 10th September, SPT’s rebranded free-to-air portfolio will launch with Sony Channel, Sony Movies, Sony Movies Action and Sony Movies Christmas, followed by the launch of Sony Movies Classic in January 2020. All channels will be available on Freeview, Freesat, Sky and Virgin Media with a new modern and cinematic design alongside an exciting slate of new content.

At launch, the free-to-air movie channels will feature a raft of SPE titles including Bad Boys, Elysium, Rambo, S.W.A.T: Under Siege, Hitch, Stepmom, Matilda, Just Go With It, Groundhog Day and Christmas With The Kranks.

Sony Movies Classic, which debuts in January 2020, will draw from Sony Pictures’ storied and extensive Columbia Pictures movie library showcasing important and iconic titles from the history of movie making including Kramer vs Kramer, Gandhi, Oliver! and more.

Sony Channel will also aim to capture the love of great classic drama and entertainment with a warm and familiar mix of scripted series, nostalgia and popular gameshows powered by the best of Sony’s library. Titles include Charlie’s Angels, Starsky & Hutch, TJ Hooker and classic Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 21:11   #1429
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Forum Box is reporting that Virgin Media UK is set to axe Sky Cinema SD Channels in the coming weeks.

No news on what may happen to Sky Cinema Premiere +1.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 22:06   #1430
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBraiNz View Post
Haha yea, but i'm not going down that road about which category WWE comes under, for me its just a bad habit for many years now

Looking forward to AEW though, at least it isnt PG
Its on TNT so whilst it won't be PG (i dont think) they've promised there isn't going to be any blood, chair shots or x rated stuff. For example that cody chair shot is definitely not going to happen.

I think the most you'll get is the odd middle finger every so often.

I do think VM should have got the wwe network. Maybe it'll be coming soon with the revamped app?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 22:57   #1431
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Its on TNT so whilst it won't be PG (i dont think) they've promised there isn't going to be any blood, chair shots or x rated stuff. For example that cody chair shot is definitely not going to happen.

I think the most you'll get is the odd middle finger every so often.

I do think VM should have got the wwe network. Maybe it'll be coming soon with the revamped app?
When do the AEW on TNT start?

I do not know what has happen to AEW on ITV4.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 00:50   #1432
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I believe September not too sure.
ATM AEW is only doing ppvs which have been on ITV Box office, once the weekly show starts that's when ITV4 will air AEW and ITV Box office the ppvs.
BT want WWE Network on their youview boxes too.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 12:44   #1433
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I believe September not too sure.
ATM AEW is only doing ppvs which have been on ITV Box office, once the weekly show starts that's when ITV4 will air AEW and ITV Box office the ppvs.
BT want WWE Network on their youview boxes too.
Oh dear i hope WWE haven';t done a canadian like deal where we have to get the network direct from BT and have less choice etc?

Quote:

October 2nd on TNT its been announced. Unsure if it'll be live on ITV 4 or next day etc as they've gone quiet
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 14:45   #1434
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Oh dear i hope WWE haven';t done a canadian like deal where we have to get the network direct from BT and have less choice etc?

October 2nd on TNT its been announced. Unsure if it'll be live on ITV 4 or next day etc as they've gone quiet
Very unlikely Vince chances are BT just want the app on their Youview box but WWE Network will still be available as it is now.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 09:29   #1435
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

They say the new sky UHD deal starts in new year

“ forthcoming comedy Brassic, starring Michelle Keegan“

But that is starting this year

So very confused
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 09:37   #1436
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
They say the new sky UHD deal starts in new year

“ forthcoming comedy Brassic, starring Michelle Keegan“

But that is starting this year

So very confused
I took it that Brassic was an example of some of the on demand UHD content that will be available next year (and it would still be available in HD this year). Basically, they've used the press release to plug an upcoming series.

As part of the extended deal, Virgin customers are set to enjoy new Ultra HD programming and additional video-on-demand content from Sky, commencing next year. This will include Sky Cinema Original films and live sports in UHD, as well as unmissable Sky original drama on-demand, including shows such as Jamestown and the upcoming comedy Brassic starring Michelle Keegan.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 09:47   #1437
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I took it that Brassic was an example of some of the on demand UHD content that will be available next year (and it would still be available in HD this year). Basically, they've used the press release to plug an upcoming series.

As part of the extended deal, Virgin customers are set to enjoy new Ultra HD programming and additional video-on-demand content from Sky, commencing next year. This will include Sky Cinema Original films and live sports in UHD, as well as unmissable Sky original drama on-demand, including shows such as Jamestown and the upcoming comedy Brassic starring Michelle Keegan.
Thanks for explaining very misleading from the m
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 10:26   #1438
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I would like to know what 'delving deeper' into their programme library means. Does it mean just more material that we have had access to in the past such as Strikeback or does it mean material available from Now TV such as SA material?

It surely must be a possibility, given the BT deal. That would be Virgin's equivalent. I hope that is the case, but nothing has been announced apart from what was in that original BT carriage deal press release.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 10:39   #1439
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Atlantic content won't be part of the deal if it was Virgin would have received access to the linear channel especially now the two have the adsmart deal.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 10:58   #1440
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Atlantic content won't be part of the deal if it was Virgin would have received access to the linear channel especially now the two have the adsmart deal.
Exactly MM.