Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 19-12-2017, 21:31   #3781
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Should not take long, just a larger hard drive.
I hope they will have a method of copying recordings from a 1Tb box to a new 2 Tb box.

Also does this mean that the cloud storage idea has been blown out of the water for the forseeable future (bearing in mind the 2Tb box was originally dropped and people posted cloud was the reason)?
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2017, 22:04   #3782
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
RTE News Now to close:

https://www.independent.ie/business/...-36393796.html

I'm assuming that this is on VM Ireland and/or VM in NI.

As usual they're blaming a lack of money, but RTE is appallingly mismanaged from my dealings with them.
It reminds me of a local news broadcast in the UK. Ireland is possibly too small to have a rolling news channel largely focussed on home news. I can understand why the viewer numbers are low.

Old 19-12-2017, 23:19   #3783
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I hope they will have a method of copying recordings from a 1Tb box to a new 2 Tb box.

Also does this mean that the cloud storage idea has been blown out of the water for the forseeable future (bearing in mind the 2Tb box was originally dropped and people posted cloud was the reason)?
Both very good points.

I was told that VM were working on customers being able to transfer recordings across, but SP doesn't think that this will happen:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705659
Old 20-12-2017, 12:15   #3784
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I never get the hate towards SD. In fact sometimes i forget to even switch to the HD version of a channel. I'm certainly not bothered about ultra HD. I really can't be bothered seeing the pores on peoples faces or the beads of sweat. That doesn't really intrigue me that much.

Maybe i'm stuck in the past...i remember the days before digital and my concern being trying to pick up channels with my indoor aerial and watching a ton of grey fuzzy cloud half the time. I'd have died for SD then... so i'm always grateful to not have to deal with that poxy indoor aerial anymore
I'm the complete opposite
I always watch the HD variant if there is one, which most channels now have. The picture quality is much better, specially when it comes fast moving pictures such as sport or action movies.
I won't go as far as saying SD hurts my eyes...but it does lol

I watched some Blue Planet II in UHD on the iplayer...it's looks amazing. We should be embracing the new technology...specially with HDR now, everything looks so much more vibrant

VM probably won't push out the HDR update until some UHD content comes along, which hopefully isn't too far into the future
Old 20-12-2017, 12:28   #3785
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't know how you could possibly call shows such as 'Game of Thrones' and 'Boardwalk Empire' over-rated.

If you enjoy dramas, you would be bowled over if you took a look at the long list of dramas that have been shown on that channel. When I first subscribed to Now TV, I couldn't believe how much I'd missed..
A bit irritating that GOT series 7 is not on there this Christmas.
Old 20-12-2017, 12:44   #3786
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A bit irritating that GOT series 7 is not on there this Christmas.
I hate that show den! Its a weird hybrid of dungeons and dragons coupled with some racy scenes to get the punters in.

I can't wait until its over! Its also laughable that the author still can't finish his books as he's too busy being cosy with hollywood.
Old 20-12-2017, 12:58   #3787
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I hate that show den! Its a weird hybrid of dungeons and dragons coupled with some racy scenes to get the punters in.

I can't wait until its over! Its also laughable that the author still can't finish his books as he's too busy being cosy with hollywood.
Well as l say Vince one man's meat is another man's poison.
Old 20-12-2017, 13:30   #3788
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well as l say Vince one man's meat is another man's poison.
Ha very true den. You're a wise gentleman.
Old 20-12-2017, 13:37   #3789
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Belfast Telegraph is reporting that Liberty Global will rebrand be3, TV3 and 3e under the Virgin brand but the date is to be confirm.

But Belfast Telegraph is saying "most likely next year".

NOTE: be3, TV3 and 3e only broadcast in Ireland on Virgin Media Ireland, Sky and other Irish networks.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Apparently just a short vacation rather than a goodbye. It now appears to be back on the EPG.

In more technical terms, streams associated with the original Playboy service, SID 1709 have been removed and the service has been parked on SID 1759. The new Playboy service SID 1710, previously testing on 5 internal networks, has now been added across the national network and has replaced the original service on the EPG.
Media Boy HQ info was right at time of posting.

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Media Boy HQ wish everyone an Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.

Coming Soon to Virgin Media (2018) will launch sometime with in December 26th - December 31st.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 20-12-2017, 14:23   #3790
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Belfast Telegraph is reporting that Liberty Global will rebrand be3, TV3 and 3e under the Virgin brand but the date is to be confirm.

But Belfast Telegraph is saying "most likely next year".

NOTE: be3, TV3 and 3e only broadcast in Ireland on Virgin Media Ireland, Sky and other Irish networks.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Media Boy HQ wish everyone an Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.

Coming Soon to Virgin Media (2018) will launch sometime with in December 26th - December 31st.
Merry christmas to you too bud have a great one.
Also like to wish all members and staff on cable forum a very merry Christmas.
Old 20-12-2017, 14:54   #3791
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Merry christmas to you too bud have a great one.
Also like to wish all members and staff on cable forum a very merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas good sir. May you have a delightful holiday
Old 20-12-2017, 15:27   #3792
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. Hope you all have a great time.
Old 20-12-2017, 15:37   #3793
jj20x

Quote:
Of course, the replacement service had only been added a short while before I posted.

Old 20-12-2017, 17:54   #3794
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Of course, the replacement service had only been added a short while before I posted.
Any update on STV AD?

We think unless it launches tomorrow we think Virgin will wait until 2018 for this one.

Any other news?

Also when Playboy did appear on Tuesday we found that the number of Total Channel did go up by one.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Is more RTE Radio Channels set to launch on Virgin Media UK?

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/12/b...dcasts-in.html

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Base on TV Channel Lists information Media Boy HQ see that Playboy has NOT relaunch on Sky.

https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_...eland)_in_2017

Virgin Media UK only channel?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-12-2017, 01:20   #3795
jj20x

Quote:
Any update on STV AD?

We think unless it launches tomorrow we think Virgin will wait until 2018 for this one.
As far as I know from Astra 28 scan changelogs, on Sky it appears that the narrative audio stream has been added to some, or all, of the individual STV regions but that the actual audio hasn't yet been added. So possibly a case of just waiting for STV to activate the audio. I'm not sure why VM are creating an AD version rather than adding a narrative stream to individual STV sub regions. That said, I don't know why VM have AD versions for Channel 5 and S4C. The Channel 5 and S4C AD streams point to exactly the same video/audio streams as the national Channel 5 and S4C services, so it would seem simpler to just enable AD on the main service.

Quote:
Any other news?
I've not seen any new scan data since Tuesday. The Astra 28 changelog shows that ARY channels are returning to Sky. They were removed from all UK platforms when their licence was revoked by Ofcom. Maybe the return to Sky will be followed by a return to VM?

Quote:
Also when Playboy did appear on Tuesday we found that the number of Total Channel did go up by one.
Unfortunately a result of a placeholder being created for the old Playboy service. If only it was a simple as closing SID 1709 and replacing it with SID 1710. The 1759 placeholder is the "additional" service. There are quite a few placeholders in the NIT and they are all included in the "Total Channels" count.

Quote:
Is more RTE Radio Channels set to launch on Virgin Media UK?[/COLOR][/B]

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/12/b...dcasts-in.html
As far as I know, the barriers preventing RTE Radio from being added to DAB don't apply to VM. It's a licensing technicality.

Quote:
Base on TV Channel Lists information Media Boy HQ see that Playboy has NOT relaunch on Sky.

https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_...eland)_in_2017

Virgin Media UK only channel?
The big two adult tv broadcasters, Playboy and Portland, market their own channels on Sky direct to the end customer, offering their own bundles of channels. VM offers various individual subscription channels and a bundle of channels taken from both broadcasters. It's possible that Playboy has simply "rested" Playboy TV on Sky, they still offer a bundle of 4 channels. Maybe VM don't want to carry Playboy's substitute channels and have reached an agreement for Playboy to continue to supply the original channel.

Last edited by jj20x; 21-12-2017 at 01:24.

Closed Thread