Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 13-07-2010, 13:14   #271
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Birdstrike, Manchester airport

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eff_1278964099
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2010, 19:10   #272
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Ah yes I've seen that one before. It's great how the person filming it got the ATC recordings too.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 19:13   #273
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Ah yes I've seen that one before. It's great how the person filming it got the ATC recordings too.
I have stood on the mound where that was filmed. There are many there with scanners recording all the air traffic control voice chat.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 09:28   #274
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Hawk trainer video filmed from the cockpit on an iPhone4 http://vimeo.com/13225492

The Mach Loop is likely to be very quiet for a while following the newspaper pictures. At least until it is felt the furore has died down.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 18:36   #275
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Didn't have a camera on me but 5 spitfires have just gone overhead on a bearing of about 250 which would have sent them over leighton buzzard heading towards north of Oxford direction. Anyone know where they came from/was going to? Weird as we've had a couple of low flying longbows going roughtly in the same direction
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 18:44   #276
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Didn't have a camera on me but 5 spitfires have just gone overhead on a bearing of about 250 which would have sent them over leighton buzzard heading towards north of Oxford direction. Anyone know where they came from/was going to? Weird as we've had a couple of low flying longbows going roughtly in the same direction
Fairford - Royal International Air Tattoo?
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 18:45   #277
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

And I've just realised what's past Oxford, the RIAT at RAF Fairford.. I wonder if they met up at Duxford for the final stage..

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

LOL, Jon got it just as I did
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 18:58   #278
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

787 Dreamliner should be making it to Farnborough arriving 9am this Sunday 18th July and then leaving on Tuesday with the possibility of a flyby over RollsRoyce and East Midlands on the way back.

Old 16-07-2010, 19:04   #279
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
787 Dreamliner should be making it to Farnborough arriving 9am this Sunday 18th July and then leaving on Tuesday with the possibility of a flyby over RollsRoyce and East Midlands on the way back.
Saw an A380 practising earlier, as well as the Vulcan.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 19:06   #280
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
And I've just realised what's past Oxford, the RIAT at RAF Fairford.. I wonder if they met up at Duxford for the final stage..

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

LOL, Jon got it just as I did
Gutted i'm not going Kymmy!

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
as well as the Vulcan.
shurrup! that's why i'm so gutted!
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 19:17   #281
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Hubby is going to Fairford on Monday to see the departures. Only £20 on the gate.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 01:07   #282
Halcyon
Hello !

More or less confirmed now, Boeing's 787 will be doing a few go arounds East Midland Airport around 5pm Tuesday and then onto Rolls Royce before heading home.

Old 20-07-2010, 19:11   #283
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well Stansted has been approved for the big jets, so I'm waiting to get a photo of the A380 flying over my house

Even though the CAA state that they do not fly over my house (planes that is).
Old 21-07-2010, 13:17   #284
Halcyon
Hello !

Boeing 787 Dreamliner does a fly past over EMA:

Old 21-07-2010, 20:37   #285
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Cool takeoff.....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/taf.par...ol-takeoff.flv
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote