Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What are you reading?

Old 07-08-2007, 01:18   #361
tkiely
Inactive

tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely
Re: What are you reading?

Ultimate Weapon by Chris Ryan

What a load of cobblers
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2007, 09:55   #362
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
stephen king again last book dark tower done them all big read very good
let me know what you think when you get to the end. Frankly if I had known that was coming I would have saved myself all that time and money .

At the moment i'm reading the Chronicle by Guaman Poma writting in about 1600 .

Not on the intro at the moment so can't say if it's any good.

It;s the first account of have of the Spainish Conquest that was written from the Inca side so looking forward to getting some of their views.
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 13:38   #363
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

The Mitrokhin Archive pt2 : The KGB in the World
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 21:34   #364
Babu
Inactive

Services: Sky TV BT Fibre Broadband
Babu will become famous soon enoughBabu will become famous soon enoughBabu will become famous soon enough

Teasing Secrets From The Dead by Emily Craig.
Babu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 21:57   #365
what?
Inactive

Services: vm tv xl, 20mb bb, and phoneline(tu 24)
what? will become famous soon enoughwhat? will become famous soon enoughwhat? will become famous soon enough

im probably the only saddo reading a good ol' bit of shakespeare

king henry the fifth to be precise

fantastic play
what? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 22:24   #366
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Freakonomics...pop science and very readable

Going to start the Harry Potter stuff with the kids as soon as I can find the first book in a bookshop or library!!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:09   #367
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Going to start the Harry Potter stuff with the kids as soon as I can find the first book in a bookshop or library!!
noooo, get the books from charity shops - look in the 'kids books' sections first, as they are much cheaper.
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:18   #368
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Iain M. Banks - The Wasp factory.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:53   #369
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Iain M. Banks - The Wasp factory.
ah. A classic.

Though to be picky it's acutally 'Iain Banks' - he uses the 'M' when it's sci-fi

I find his non scifi novels a bit hit and miss really - wasp factory was good, espedair street was good, and so was complicity - the others I could take or leave really (though I haven't read the last 2 or 3)
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 22:56   #370
Alien
Inactive

Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
ah. A classic.
Yeah, not bad. Rather weird, & 1 hell of a twist at the end.

Quote:
Though to be picky it's acutally 'Iain Banks' - he uses the 'M' when it's sci-fi
Pfft. whatever.

Quote:
I find his non scifi novels a bit hit and miss really - wasp factory was good, espedair street was good, and so was complicity - the others I could take or leave really (though I haven't read the last 2 or 3)
Mysteriously a folder of 20 of them has just appeared on my hard drive. Can't imagine how they got there. Going through them in chronological order, reading Walking on Glass now.
Old 09-08-2007, 23:03   #371
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Mysteriously a folder of 20 of them has just appeared on my hard drive. Can't imagine how they got there. Going through them in chronological order, reading Walking on Glass now.
Is that the one with the immovable object and the unstoppable force?
Old 09-08-2007, 23:05   #372
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

I've just finished Harry Potter - I was most impressed (or, at least, I would have been if someone at work hadn't given me a massive plot spoiler yesterday )

Now I've just got to decide between 2 Stephen Kings, a Jasper Fforde, a James Herbert and about 3 others to choose between for what's next
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:20   #373
Alien
Inactive

Quote:
Is that the one with the immovable object and the unstoppable force?
Apparently so - not got that far yet.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45   #374
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Quote:
Apparently so - not got that far yet.
ok, I won't give it away then by telling you that the main character is in fact a small monkey wearing a clever disguise and answers to the name 'Peter'.
He also has a unicycle.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:55   #375
maddyp
Inactive

maddyp is a name known to allmaddyp is a name known to allmaddyp is a name known to allmaddyp is a name known to allmaddyp is a name known to allmaddyp is a name known to allmaddyp is a name known to allmaddyp is a name known to all

white teeth, zadie smith, I can't really say it is compelling, kind of something to read until I find something else..
maddyp is offline   Reply With Quote