Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 18-09-2019, 19:30   #13651
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Best in puddings Den. I did try wine one year, but it was lethal and I was very ill....
Indeed blackberries are potent in wine as have you tried parsnip wine yet.
Old 18-09-2019, 19:34   #13652
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed blackberries are potent in wine as have you tried parsnip wine yet.
No, and I don't intend to.,...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 15:13   #13653
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

We bought a puppy on Thursday and he is just over two weeks old and we get him on the 25th October. My youngest son had the extremely difficult choice in picking him.

My son knew nothing about this puppy when I picked him up from school and all i said was trust me son and ask no questions in where we are going.

Honestly his face was a picture when he saw 7 puppies.

We saw Mum and Dad and hubby is going to meet our fluffy baby tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190921_162204.jpg (974.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20190922_140354.jpg (274.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 22-09-2019, 15:32   #13654
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

We had Theo (1 month old grandson) to stay last night - give my daughter a chance for a good night’s sleep.

He fed at 6pm, 11am, 3am, and 6am, so we’re a little tired, but happy to have him with us - it’s easier if you know you can catch up on your sleep the next night...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2B46C8FA-BA8D-4D11-A32F-D188EFAF8B21.jpg (398.5 KB, 7 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 15:47   #13655
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Yes it sure is Hugh and may I add Theo is just beautiful.

Your daughter will be a new woman after a good nights sleep, I used to catch up on my sleep during the day when when I had my 2nd son as when he slept I slept.
Old 12-10-2019, 14:14   #13656
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

My youngest has passed his driving test last Thursday and he picks up his car on Wednedsay
Old 12-10-2019, 14:17   #13657
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
My youngest has passed his driving test last Thursday and he picks up his car on Wednedsay
That is fantastic weenie.
Old 12-10-2019, 14:29   #13658
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Thanks den he got a 2nd hand car a Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique 3dr (Tom Tom) it's a 62 plate and we put a £1000 towards it the rest he paid himself.
We will go half on insurance for the 1st year as it's crazy high imo but then again he is only 17 plus his Dad told him he will pay the road tax for the 1st year.
His big brother said he will fill the car up for him on Thursday as a one off.

He is a lucky boy.

We got insurance for him (his own insurance with him as the only driver) to keep the price down he opted for a black box for just under £2000 some quotes were coming in at a eye watering £4000.

I feel sorry for young drivers tbh but i must say his car is immaculate with full service history and only one owner.
Old 12-10-2019, 14:33   #13659
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Well done to him. Give him a pat on the back from me.
Old 12-10-2019, 14:47   #13660
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Will do Jo, not been on much been busy visiting my friend in hospital, getting away on spa overnights courtesy of eldest son and Mands, annoying my sister with my now busy and totally selfish lifestyle which she seems to really hate when her hubby contacts D only to be told no can do and it's great tbh and really appreciate that D has taken everything over in regards to all communication.

But you know what my Dad did in the end so really is it any wonder we're taking nothing to do with things anyway she is the executor so really nothing to do with me nor mine.

Plus I am now in contact with my Mum's family and it is wonderful meeting cousin's, Aunt and Uncles etc and guess what they all say the same thing, can you guess?

Next week I'm having an Aunt over and we plan on looking through the pictures that I got and she is going to put names to the faces which I'm really looking forward too.

I have found out a lot of things some good some bad but what is upsetting is just how a family's heart can be ripped apart and who suffered the most was the family i never got the chance to meet until now and how my Mum must have been torn in two.

Last edited by weenie; 12-10-2019 at 14:53.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 17:22   #13661
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
snippet......Will do Jo,
You are a strong woman weenie and I am so proud of how you have come through all this. You deserve to find a family who will appreciate all you have achieved. Finger's crossed that you, D and your lads may now have an extended family you can all have a decent relationship with.

add, if you ever have to come face to face with the ratbag just spare a moment to imagine this little old lady giving her a swift kick up the backside. I have wanted the chance to do it for a long time.

Jo
Old 13-10-2019, 14:55   #13662
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I'm delighted to say the chances of ever meeting her face to face ever again is slim as she says I send one of my gaurd dogs to deal with whatever needs dealt with.
My so called gaurd dogs known to you and me is hubby or eldest son.

Jo you do make my day
Old 16-10-2019, 13:06   #13663
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

This one could also go into the 'moans & pet hates' and 'just bought' threads

Offside headlight bulb for a Toyota Avensis, and as usual with modern cars it happens to be the side with no access to anyone who isn't double jointed, has the hand size of a 5 yr old, and can see perfectly in dark areas under the wing/bonnet

Rang local Toyota . . . buy the bulb from us (£7.50) and we will fit it free, 30 minute job

Brilliant, saves me skinned knuckles, high blood pressure, and 2 hrs struggle
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 13:57   #13664
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
We got insurance for him (his own insurance with him as the only driver) to keep the price down he opted for a black box for just under £2000 some quotes were coming in at a eye watering £4000.
A few years ago now, but our daughter's first car insurance quote was ridiculous. We found leaving her as the main driver but adding us as additional drivers brought the price down loads (it even made a difference which order we added the additional drivers - me before Mrs G was a few £'s cheaper).
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 14:22   #13665
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
A few years ago now, but our daughter's first car insurance quote was ridiculous. We found leaving her as the main driver but adding us as additional drivers brought the price down loads (it even made a difference which order we added the additional drivers - me before Mrs G was a few £'s cheaper).
Same here

We found the black box 'tracking' side of it was often a little hit & miss, a few occasions where it said her car was 10 miles away when it was parked in the drive etc . . .. slightly worrying when looking at their T&C for reasons to invalidate the insurance.

It once said she came home for lunch 5 minutes after the time it said she had returned to work
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote