Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price Rise in March

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Email hacked

Old 22-02-2022, 14:26   #1
CWhite
cf.member

CWhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Email hacked

Hope someone can help my husbands email (blue yonder with Virgin media) has been hacked. Tried to change password and wouldn’t let us so contacted VM they changed password for us and when we tried still didn’t work. Spoke to them again and they couldn’t do anything other than pass to technical team and it’ll take up to 5 days to hear from them which is ridiculous. Is there anything we can do? It also won’t let us sign in 🤬
CWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2022, 15:10   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Email hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWhite View Post
Hope someone can help my husbands email (blue yonder with Virgin media) has been hacked. Tried to change password and wouldn’t let us so contacted VM they changed password for us and when we tried still didn’t work. Spoke to them again and they couldn’t do anything other than pass to technical team and it’ll take up to 5 days to hear from them which is ridiculous. Is there anything we can do? It also won’t let us sign in 🤬

You could try the VM official forum, they may be able to sort it although there is no guarantee the time frame will be any better.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 19:30   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Does any of this help ?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/bil...login-problems

Quote:
To reset your Virgin Media password you'll need:

Your username
The answer to your security question
Your date of birth

If you can’t remember the answer to your security question, you can choose to skip this step and instead enter some details from your last bill.

To reset your password:

Head to the My Virgin Media log in page
Select Forgotten your password
[ The page is https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password ]
Enter username
Select Continue, then follow the on screen instructions

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 08:55   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWhite View Post
Hope someone can help my husbands email (blue yonder with Virgin media) has been hacked.
To put your mind at ease I doubt it has been hacked. If VM have changed your password then the "hackers" can't get in either and if you are unable to log in I would suggest something else is causing the problem. VM like long, complicated case sensitive passwords. Have you got any functions keys or caps lock on which would result in you not inputting the password that you think you are? Have you tried doing it on a different device instead 9.g. a phone instead of a pc?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote