Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 26-04-2022, 23:39   #1186
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

I’ve been testing out the box and for all the channel it is dear
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2022, 09:47   #1187
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Only watch sport live so not really to bothered about recording however I except many are.

I mainly watch sport, but everything is time shifted so recording is a must. Going to Rugby/Cricket on a Saturday means I would not be around to watch.

I suppose if NowTV was a proper streaming service with full coverage of matches available for say a week (as football/rugby on Prime is) that would suffice - however I believe it is just a method of watching live TV.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2022, 11:34   #1188
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Viaplay to show Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish national team football in UK
Quote:
Viaplay to stream Scotland's, Wales' and Northern Ireland's European Qualifiers to the FIFA World Cup 2026 and UEFA EURO 2028, UEFA Nations League 2024/25 and 2026/27 and international friendlies exclusively in UK

Over 800 National Team Football matches from across Europe, including top-ranked teams such as Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain shown exclusively on Viaplay

Viaplay to launch in UK in second half of 2022
Viaplay and UEFA have entered a four-year partnership in the UK for Viaplay to show at least 40 exclusive live matches featuring the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish men's national football teams respectively. Starting in 2024, fans will be able to follow all European Qualifiers to the UEFA EURO and FIFA World Cup played by Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland exclusively on Viaplay, along with the UEFA Nations League and international friendlies, as part of a comprehensive package of over 800 exclusive international matches from across Europe.

The groundbreaking agreement consists of all matches played by UK national teams (not featuring the England National Team) in the European Qualifiers to the FIFA World Cup 2026 and UEFA EURO 2028 and in the UEFA Nations League 2024/25 and 2026/27; all matches in the UEFA Nations League Finals 2025 and 2027; as well as international friendlies. The comprehensive package also includes all matches in the above-mentioned competitions of all other European teams, including top-ranked teams such as Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain.
https://www.nentgroup.com/news/news-...all-uk-2013340

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 27-04-2022 at 11:39.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2022, 12:41   #1189
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

More bad news for sports fans.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2022, 18:59   #1190
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
For me, it’s:

Channels:

Essential Entertainment: £12.00
Sky Cinema Pack: £14.99
_______
£26.99

Streamers: What I pay now, less 10%.

Suits my wife and me fine price-wise. I would keep the linears for her to watch via on demand watchlists, mainly because she’s not happy getting into the streamers (although it is probably easier under this system, if only more apps were available).

I think VM is on the right lines here, but needs improvement. More apps and multi-view should be considered for the future.

As for your ‘irrational aversion’ comment, ‘irrational’ it certainly isn’t, but we won’t go around that loop again.
If I read the terms correctly and it was just very quick skip read. Seemed to say not with any existing virgin services. So if you have a V6 you can't have it. Having said that I m not interested . So those of you that look at these things closely , it that correct ?
Old 27-04-2022, 19:21   #1191
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

It’s only available to broadband and broadband & phone customers from today. Personally, I’d get a Roku if you want streaming apps
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2022, 20:50   #1192
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
More bad news for sports fans.
Agreed - don't always watch the Welsh, N Irish and Scottish games on Sky - but I do like the option of doing so (especially when the Scots lose) - however I am not prepared to pay a penny extra to watch on a streamer
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2022, 22:04   #1193
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Agreed - don't always watch the Welsh, N Irish and Scottish games on Sky - but I do like the option of doing so (especially when the Scots lose) - however I am not prepared to pay a penny extra to watch on a streamer
Up yours as far as it can go.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 14:33   #1194
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media Forum says that Disney+ has launch on Virgin Media Stream.

Coming soon to TV360.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 16:48   #1195
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Yh it on streaming boxed checked last night
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 17:26   #1196
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
If I read the terms correctly and it was just very quick skip read. Seemed to say not with any existing virgin services. So if you have a V6 you can't have it. Having said that I m not interested . So those of you that look at these things closely , it that correct ?
All it means is that you don’t need your V6, 360 or TiVo any more.You wouldn’t need your existing box if you took their streamer.
Old 02-05-2022, 17:31   #1197
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
All it means is that you don’t need your V6, 360 or TiVo any more.You wouldn’t need your existing box if you took their streamer.
But you will need a streaming box
Old 02-05-2022, 17:37   #1198
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
But you will need a streaming box
Indeed. The question was about a person with a V6 box, and that is what my answer related to.

Kinda obvious, really.
Old 02-05-2022, 17:44   #1199
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Indeed. The question was about a person with a V6 box, and that is what my answer related to.

Kinda obvious, really.
Swapping a recording box for a dumb box for the sole reason it's a streaming one is completely irrational.
Old 02-05-2022, 17:50   #1200
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Swapping a recording box for a dumb box for the sole reason it's a streaming one is completely irrational.
It depends on your viewing habits.