Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 26-04-2022, 17:28   #1171
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
At those prices I’ll stick with Now TV.
No Sky Atlantic, Premier Sports, CBS channels, Apple TV, Hayu and UKTV catch-up services.

But it does have the advantage over Now TV in that it includes the main Freeview channels so you don't need to toggle HDMI inputs or have an aerial.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2022, 17:43   #1172
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Essential entertainment £12
Kids £4
Sky Sports and cinema £46.25
BT Sport £18
Bog standard Netflix £7

£89.25

At least they’re preparing the those with an irrational aversion to linear television - or television as it was known up until 2005 - for the high cost streaming future.
For me, it’s:

Channels:

Essential Entertainment: £12.00
Sky Cinema Pack: £14.99
_______
£26.99

Streamers: What I pay now, less 10%.

Suits my wife and me fine price-wise. I would keep the linears for her to watch via on demand watchlists, mainly because she’s not happy getting into the streamers (although it is probably easier under this system, if only more apps were available).

I think VM is on the right lines here, but needs improvement. More apps and multi-view should be considered for the future.

As for your ‘irrational aversion’ comment, ‘irrational’ it certainly isn’t, but we won’t go around that loop again.
Old 26-04-2022, 17:50   #1173
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It’s entirely irrational, dare I say perverse, OB that you’re willing to pay a price premium for inferior products simply because of the technology through which it is delivered.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 17:52   #1174
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Will the Irish channels be available everywhere? Are they HD because they still aren't on TiVo V6?
Old 26-04-2022, 18:00   #1175
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

I see it includes access to Disney+, I wonder if we will see the Disney+ app on the 360 box from tomorrow...
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 18:36   #1176
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

EDIT

Sorry just seen it's free with BB, not sure about existing customers who have a box but may want it for the spare tv.

So how much does this stream dongle itself cost?

Is it free if you take Ultrafast BB and what about existing customers?

Sorry if these have already been answered but I cansee the prices for the addon channels.

Last edited by johnathome; 26-04-2022 at 18:42.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 18:52   #1177
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
EDIT

Sorry just seen it's free with BB, not sure about existing customers who have a box but may want it for the spare tv.

Sorry if these have already been answered but I cansee the prices for the addon channels.
I think it's marketed for BB only customers.
Old 26-04-2022, 19:11   #1178
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
EDIT

The dongle is only yours for as long as you're a customer and it's £35 to activate as I understand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
I think it's marketed for BB only customers.
Only for Broadband-only and Broadband And Phone (landline that is) at the moment.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 19:15   #1179
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Only for Broadband-only and Broadband And Phone (landline that is) at the moment.
Surely a broadband and mobile customer counts as the former
Old 26-04-2022, 19:36   #1180
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s entirely irrational, dare I say perverse, OB that you’re willing to pay a price premium for inferior products simply because of the technology through which it is delivered.
Er, except that it saves me money….

If it was not for my wife, I wouldn’t have any of those subscription linear channels, but I would take instead the Now TV Entertainment and Cinema packs, making it cheaper still.

As you know, my goal is to have the widest number of streamers with a wish list for all of them, on just one box. We are getting closer, but so far, no cigar.
Old 26-04-2022, 19:41   #1181
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

If it was not for my wife, I wouldn’t have any of those subscription linear channels, but I would take instead the Now TV Entertainment and Cinema packs, making it cheaper still.

As you know, my goal is to have the widest number of streamers with a wish list for all of them, on just one box. We are getting closer, but so far, no cigar.
Precisely the sub-optimal viewing experience to which I alluded to earlier.

Both Virgin and Sky routinely have offers that would be cheaper for phone/broadband/general entertainment/movies plus Netflix.

“If it wasn’t for the wife” is a red herring.
Old 26-04-2022, 21:36   #1182
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
At those prices I’ll stick with Now TV.

If only NowTV had recording, I am sure a lot of people would.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 22:10   #1183
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
I see it includes access to Disney+, I wonder if we will see the Disney+ app on the 360 box from tomorrow...
i was hoping it would also be on the tivo v6. But surely theyd be bragging about if it was going to the 360 or v6 box?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 22:16   #1184
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
If only NowTV had recording, I am sure a lot of people would.
Only watch sport live so not really to bothered about recording however I except many are.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 23:14   #1185
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

There is one box that has them all including freeview a mini pc plus a usb tv tuner job done.