Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 20-04-2022, 10:50   #1141
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I may look into switching my UK Netflix to a Turkey account, for anyone who does this how much hassle is it and is the content limited? I'm guessing I would need a VPN too so that's more money on top.
you only need the VPN to set it up then you use normal UK or US(VPN)
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2022, 10:53   #1142
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
you only need the VPN to set it up then you use normal UK or US(VPN)
Thanks.

What payment methods do they accept and how much does it cost and is the content the same as UK or better?
Old 20-04-2022, 12:03   #1143
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

I just pay with my standard visa debit card.
As I said you only use the VPN to set it up then you do not need it again after so you just see the content from the local IP services. ie no VPN you get full UK Content with VPN set to USA or Canada you get there full content
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 12:08   #1144
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have watched every episode of NCIS for 17 years, yet Di$ney thought it would be a good business model to close down FOX in the UK and put it on Di$ney+.

Now I can't and won't pay to watch NCIS, like many fans in the UK.

I guess they want to cancel the show, as dumping it on a premium platform will kill the large UK fanbase.

Last edited by Hom3r; 20-04-2022 at 12:11.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 12:21   #1145
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I have watched every episode of NCIS for 17 years, yet Di$ney thought it would be a good business model to close down FOX in the UK and put it on Di$ney+.

I guess they want to cancel the show, as dumping it on a premium platform will kill the large UK fanbase.
Fox had first run rights to NCIS, which have been transferred to Disney+. NCIS is a Paramount / CBS production and has always been repeated on other networks. I guess it will eventually show up on Channel 5, 5 USA and the CBS channels as it did when it was when Fox aired the first run.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 12:57   #1146
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I may look into switching my UK Netflix to a Turkey account, for anyone who does this how much hassle is it and is the content limited? I'm guessing I would need a VPN too so that's more money on top.
Use a good vpn set to Turkey to set it up then aslong as you have a valid debit card on your account it's fine, even if you don't and you need to add one just talk to customer support who'll send you a secure form in chat for you to fill out so they can add your card manually.
I had to do it via cs as it wanted a Turkey based phone number but cs sorted it with the form.
Old 20-04-2022, 14:12   #1147
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Fox had first run rights to NCIS, which have been transferred to Disney+. NCIS is a Paramount / CBS production and has always been repeated on other networks. I guess it will eventually show up on Channel 5, 5 USA and the CBS channels as it did when it was when Fox aired the first run.
They've shown every season that Fox UK did on 5USA now, so I as far as I'm concerned it's just a matter of when rather than if the latest season makes it onto UK broadcast.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 14:30   #1148
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Now who was it on here who said Netflix would never do adverts

https://www.theregister.com/AMP/2022...ing_crackdown/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 15:19   #1149
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Post 1139 mate
Old 20-04-2022, 16:27   #1150
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Is this the same one who keeps mentioning 2035.
Old 20-04-2022, 16:53   #1151
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Boy, that's Old news!
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 16:59   #1152
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Is this the same one who keeps mentioning 2035.
What's happening at 25 to 9?
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 19:46   #1153
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

I did, on the basis that the Netflix CEO said so and there appeared to be no reason to do so.

Also, I was looking at this question as converting from SVOD to AVOD, and I hadn’t considered having a mix of options. I was simply thinking that Netflix would never force subscribers to watch ads as many use Netflix and other streamers to avoid them (plus other reasons).

Given the financial/subscriber shock to Netflix, now seems the right time to consider a range of options to offer viewers.
Old 20-04-2022, 20:05   #1154
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I did, on the basis that the Netflix CEO said so and there appeared to be no reason to do so.

Also, I was looking at this question as converting from SVOD to AVOD, and I hadn’t considered having a mix of options. I was simply thinking that Netflix would never force subscribers to watch ads as many use Netflix and other streamers to avoid them (plus other reasons).

Given the financial/subscriber shock to Netflix, now seems the right time to consider a range of options to offer viewers.
Things seems to be getting a little more difficult for them , on one hand they need to keep spending more and more on content but that comes at a substantial cost. With new subscribers being harder and harder to attract with the increased competition where do they go after clamping down on password sharing and introducing a cheaper ad tier ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 21:38   #1155
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Things seems to be getting a little more difficult for them , on one hand they need to keep spending more and more on content but that comes at a substantial cost. With new subscribers being harder and harder to attract with the increased competition where do they go after clamping down on password sharing and introducing a cheaper ad tier ?
Well, their shares seem to have fallen out of favour more quickly than Rishi Sunak.

They are down today by nearly 40%, a $60bn drop in the company's value!
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote