Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2018, 09:35   #1606
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Why is that comparable? The outrage here is that he appeared to side with Putin over his own intelligence services.
Because it is. Obama telling the Russians he effectively had more flexibility “after getting elected”, Intelligence agencies have said previous U.S Presidential elections got hacked, how do we know the 2012 election was not hacked, to help Obama, after trying to discreetly saying he would have more flexibility.

Trump is right to ask where the DNC Server is, it’s missing, the FBI never did forensically examine it. We all know the DNC and the witch, Hillary Clinton paid for the Fake Russian Dossier, and tried to mask this, therefore being dishonest.
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2018, 09:48   #1607
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Well she did warn us:

Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump would be Putin's 'puppet'

Quote:
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Clinton famously called out Trump, implying that he would be Putin's "puppet."
"You encouraged espionage against our people. You are willing to spout the Putin line, sign up for his wish list: break up NATO, do whatever he wants to do," Clinton said. "You continue to get help from him because he has a very clear favorite in this race."
Old 17-07-2018, 09:49   #1608
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Because it is. Obama telling the Russians he effectively had more flexibility “after getting elected”, Intelligence agencies have said previous U.S Presidential elections got hacked, how do we know the 2012 election was not hacked, to help Obama, after trying to discreetly saying he would have more flexibility.

Trump is right to ask where the DNC Server is, it’s missing, the FBI never did forensically examine it. We all know the DNC and the witch, Hillary Clinton paid for the Fake Russian Dossier, and tried to mask this, therefore being dishonest.
Well, well ,well - Clinton again, seems to be a pattern when thing are going bad for the Donald . She's an innocent woman Mick, get over it ! There's been long enough now for her to be charged if there was anything..... It's a card Trump and his followers can't keep playing to distract from his latest calamity's.
Old 17-07-2018, 10:04   #1609
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You can't just invent a link between Obama saying he'll have more flexibility and election hacking and then saying it's comparable.

I am talking about the comparison between the comments he made and Trump defending Putin against the intelligence agencies. I am talking about that and not the wider issue of election hacking. Even Republicans who defend Trump on collusion have an issue with that press conference.
Old 17-07-2018, 10:10   #1610
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

The DNC ‘server’ was in fact a number of servers, mainly cloud-based virtual servers, and images were taken of them, as is standard practice, and given to the FBI for forensic examination.

It would have been impossible to hand over any hardware, as the virtual instances were just hosted on hardware that would have been shared with many other companies and services.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps...g-nor-a-server

Quote:
The “server” Trump is obsessed with is actually 140 servers, most of them cloud-based, which the DNC was forced to decommission in June of 2016 while trying to rid its network of the Russian GRU officers working to help Trump win the election, according to the figures in the DNC’s civil lawsuit against Russia and the Trump campaign. Another 180 desktop and laptop computers were also swapped out as the DNC raced to get the organization back on its feet and free of Putin’s surveillance.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 17-07-2018 at 10:13.
Old 17-07-2018, 10:34   #1611
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You can't just invent a link between Obama saying he'll have more flexibility and election hacking and then saying it's comparable.

I am talking about the comparison between the comments he made and Trump defending Putin against the intelligence agencies. I am talking about that and not the wider issue of election hacking. Even Republicans who defend Trump on collusion have an issue with that press conference.
The intelligence agencies have not always been right. WMD springs to mind and if they had political players like John Brennan, C.I.A Director under Obama, totally Anti-Trump, potentially muddying the waters.

Anyway, I’m no longer interested in the Putin/Trump Press conference, I gave my opinion that was actually not agreeing with Trump and I still got bloody criticised. There was no invention, the video is there for all to see.
Old 17-07-2018, 16:59   #1612
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...o-putin-summit

Quote:
Faced with growing bipartisan criticism of his performance at a summit with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, President Trump on Tuesday blamed the media for unfair coverage of the meeting.

In a series of tweets, Trump blasted the media and touted the economy in response to a day of negative coverage about the summit, where the U.S. president appeared to take Putin's word that Russia didn't interfere in the 2016 election over the findings of his own intelligence agencies.

"While I had a great meeting with NATO, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia," Trump tweeted.

"Sadly, it is not being reported that way - the Fake News is going Crazy!" he added.
What complete barstewards the media are, showing live on TV exactly what he said as he said it - how unfair is that?
Old 17-07-2018, 19:51   #1613
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Totally unfair that the fake news mongers can show live footage and yet make it all biased and one sided.
Old 17-07-2018, 19:55   #1614
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
@AP_Politics

BREAKING: Trump claims he misspoke on election meddling, now says he sees no reason why it wouldn't be Russia that was responsible.

7:38 pm · 17 Jul 2018
When he said " “They think it’s Russia, I don’t see any reason why it would be.”"?

That’s a helluva "misspoke"...

Last edited by Hugh; 17-07-2018 at 20:08.
Old 17-07-2018, 20:09   #1615
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Especially since he then said many other things that suggested he believed Putin. Absurd thing. Why doesn't he just say he was being diplomatic or something?
Old 17-07-2018, 20:16   #1616
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

It gets better...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ed-in-election

Quote:
"My people came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia,” Trump said Monday, while standing next to Putin. “I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

On Tuesday, he said he meant to say he didn’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.

He said he had just reviewed the transcripts and a clip of the answer he gave at the summit and realized he needed to clarify his statement.

"I’ve said this many times,” Trump said. “I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there.”
So first it wasn’t Russia, now it is, but it could also be other people?

Did he also misspeak when he said
Quote:
. "I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we've all been foolish. ... And I think we're all to blame.
Old 17-07-2018, 20:27   #1617
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It gets better...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ed-in-election

So first it wasn’t Russia, now it is, but it could also be other people?

Did he also misspeak when he said
Up to the US people at the end of the day. If they re-elect this idiot then good luck to them, they'll need it. What worries me is that we're depending in him for a trade deal; hopefully a new US president by then, ideally someone like that nice Mr Obama, or maybe innocent Hillary will run again
Old 17-07-2018, 20:41   #1618
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Obama cannot run again. Thankfully - he is too busy moaning he has too much money to "African" Audiences, like he did earlier today.
Old 17-07-2018, 20:51   #1619
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Obama cannot run again. Thankfully - he is too busy moaning he has too much money to "African" Audiences, like he did earlier today.
I said 'like that nice Mr Obama'

What about Mickey Mouse ? He's got some great policies and they'll vote for anyone. Trump would have his work cut out against Mickey.
Old 17-07-2018, 22:20   #1620
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I think it's all down to him never having prepared a speech and just trying to wing it and just saying what pops into his brain.