Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 26-06-2018, 12:52   #8206
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So, with Sky, BT and presumably Virgin all putting their prices up, how does competition exempt you from the effects of price rises?

Unless you are considering moving to Talk Talk, that is .
With constant price increases people leave in higher numbers meaning platforms have to work harder to acquire new custom. It's amazing the deals on offer for new customers , many times just ringing retentions and quoting a competitors deal results in a substantial reduction in cost.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2018, 16:10   #8207
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Virgin,Sky,BT etc only care about their profits, it's the way of business. Don't be fooled into thinking any of them actually care about their customers. Everyone should seek out the best possible deal for themselves,whether that be with their current provider or another. I'm rather stuck with Sky because Virgin aren't available at my current address and broadband is dreadful too (no fibre yet).
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 16:25   #8208
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Virgin,Sky,BT etc only care about their profits, it's the way of business. Don't be fooled into thinking any of them actually care about their customers. Everyone should seek out the best possible deal for themselves,whether that be with their current provider or another. I'm rather stuck with Sky because Virgin aren't available at my current address and broadband is dreadful too (no fibre yet).
I agree loyalty is for mugs , I've stayed with Sky but only because they've generally worked hard to keep me over the years and generally matched or bettered competitors prices.
Old 26-06-2018, 16:41   #8209
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree loyalty is for mugs , I've stayed with Sky but only because they've generally worked hard to keep me over the years and generally matched or bettered competitors prices.
But I take it you have had to contact them to get a good deal rather than them phoning you and offering you it?
Old 26-06-2018, 17:20   #8210
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
But I take it you have had to contact them to get a good deal rather than them phoning you and offering you it?
Of course I always contact my supplier approaching contract end , I'd never pay Sky , VM or BT's full prices in fact I'd do without as it then doesn't represent value for money to me.
Old 26-06-2018, 17:40   #8211
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Strange how prices can go up in the middle of virgin/sky contracts but when we want UHD football from sky we are told we need to wait for next contract negotiation!😁😤
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 17:57   #8212
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

...because there are many factors which determine if a business needs to increase prices.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 18:24   #8213
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
True to an extent, but caring for your customers does generate loyalty, which is why this is so important to successful businesses. But as you say, it is down to the profit motive, which is why it works so much better that the public sector.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 18:29   #8214
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
True to an extent, but caring for your customers does generate loyalty, which is why this is so important to successful businesses. But as you say, it is down to the profit motive, which is why it works so much better that the public sector.
Agree but still it's all profit motivated.
Old 26-06-2018, 18:31   #8215
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Of course I always contact my supplier approaching contract end , I'd never pay Sky , VM or BT's full prices in fact I'd do without as it then doesn't represent value for money to me.
Me, I prefer continuity of service. It is simply not worth it to keep changing provider, because then I lose all my recordings and series links.

When we can record directly from the cloud (no matter who the provider was when we bookmarked it), we might have a more hassle free way of changing provider. Until then, the likelihood of me changing for reasons of price is negligible.

I terminated my Sky Cinema package in favour of Now TV for reasons of price and getting all on demand films in HD a few months ago and I'm already regretting it. No subtitles for when my wife starts snoring loudly in the middle of a film, no bookmarks on the V6....grrr!

I've certainly learned my lesson. Price isn't everything.
Old 26-06-2018, 18:36   #8216
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Me, I prefer continuity of service. It is simply not worth it to keep changing provider, because then I lose all my recordings and series links.

When we can record directly from the cloud (no matter who the provider was when we bookmarked it), we might have a more hassle free way of changing provider. Until then, the likelihood of me changing for reasons of price is negligible.

I terminated my Sky Cinema package in favour of Now TV for reasons of price and getting all on demand films in HD a few months ago and I'm already regretting it. No subtitles for when my wife starts snoring loudly in the middle of a film, no bookmarks on the V6....grrr!

And Game of Thrones being on Now TV for a short while and then disappearing again which is very irritating.
Old 26-06-2018, 18:56   #8217
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Question Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

I haven't changed and have had continuity of service , but competition has helped me thrash our great discounts with my current supplier.
Old 26-06-2018, 19:13   #8218
telegramsam
telegramsam

Over the years I've gone from Virgin to Sky,back to Virgin and then back to Sky (although the last switch was due to not being able to get cable at my new address). Each time I got a good new deal.
Old 26-06-2018, 20:27   #8219
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Agree but still it's all profit motivated.
Does that matter, though, if the customer benefits? Monopolies simply don't care.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Quote:
Over the years I've gone from Virgin to Sky,back to Virgin and then back to Sky (although the last switch was due to not being able to get cable at my new address). Each time I got a good new deal.
As long as that works for you, good. However, this constant switching would cause me problems, as I pointed out earlier, so the savings are not worth the hassle to me.

Having said that, at the end of a contract, I do contact VM to get a good deal.
Old 04-07-2018, 15:12   #8220
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Discovery are preparing to launch a UK version of Quest HD, which will be useful for its sports rights.

I think it likely that this will come to VM seeing as I believe that Liberty Global own some (or all?) of Discovery.

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:56 ----------

Premier Sports have confirmed that carriage negotiations are taking place and that they are confident that Premier Sports HD, Premier Sports 2, Premier Sports 2 HD, Freesports and Freesports HD will join VM "by the summer".
Summer is here.

Any news on this?

Thanks.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote