Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2019, 10:20   #2671
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, we are not. A General Election is just not necessary. A Brexiteer at the helm is all we need. It's the moaning remainers who have got us into this mess. We just need someone with guts to lead this country.
Old Boy, I appreciate that it's frustrating time with 29/3 coming and going, but I don't think that's constructive language.
If I was a Brexiter, I would want an election as my Parliamentary majority could only grow as the Brexit Party would be neutralised and Corbyn is still in charge of Labour.
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2019, 10:58   #2672
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Old Boy, I appreciate that it's frustrating time with 29/3 coming and going, but I don't think that's constructive language.
If I was a Brexiter, I would want an election as my Parliamentary majority could only grow as the Brexit Party would be neutralised and Corbyn is still in charge of Labour.
I'm a brexiter and i don't want a General Election,and the rules say we don't need one , i do hope you're not a poker player because you're too transparent
Old 26-05-2019, 11:07   #2673
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I said 'moaning remainers' to separate those who are trying to overturn the referendum result from those remainers who accept the decision of the electorate.

A General Election now could make things a lot worse until the Conservatives elect a new Leader and they get their feet under the table, so that's not going to happen in the short term. Additionally, they will probably wish to wait until Brexit can be shown to have been a success, to finally put Project Fear to bed.

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Much as it pains me to do so, I disagree: Brexit started as an attempt to shore up the Tory Party and it will end as one. The EU Election results will show the a decimated Tory vote. The Tory Grandees will take this data and project a GE result that will terrify them. They will lose power and this, against the worse opposition leader for many years. The Brexit Party will hit the Tories harder than Labour, enough to take away their ability to govern. There would be a probable Labour/Lib-Dem coalition but after the 2010 debacle, this may not play out.

So, the Tory MPs will look at the looming disaster and do what they all do, put their interests first. Sod the country. The Tory party and it's continued existence will be the only game in town. So, they will get behind a No Deal candidate because, if they do not, they are toast at the next GE. May has seen to this ..
You can keep believing that, if that's what you want to do, but the fact of the matter is that a great number of people do not want to be in the EU. The Conservatives needed to lance the boil, although it didn't go the way they thought it would.

Brexit will be good for Britain, as you will see in the years ahead.
Old 26-05-2019, 11:12   #2674
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

There is a petition doing the rounds ATM.

Quote:
Petition If Theresa May resigns as Prime Minister a general election must be held.

The people must decide the future of this country not a political party
Old 26-05-2019, 11:14   #2675
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I'm a brexiter and i don't want a General Election,and the rules say we don't need one , i do hope you're not a poker player because you're too transparent
Indeed the rules do say you don't need a general Election but any incoming leader will have at best a hollow mandate as they will have not got any direct affirmation by the electorate.
Old 26-05-2019, 11:31   #2676
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don't be ridiculous. We are a thriving economy and are well placed to do trade deals that are beneficial to us.
A fantasy so abstract even Rees-Mogg says it could take 50 years.

Quote:
Corbyn? The Marxist? Have you lost your mind??[COLOR="Silver"]

No, we are not. A General Election is just not necessary. A Brexiteer at the helm is all we need. It's the moaning remainers who have got us into this mess. We just need someone with guts to lead this country.
As I said, a Corbyn Government couldn’t deliver much of the more radical ideas anyway. There’s no Parliamentary support in his own party, let alone the opposition.

“Guts” won’t help anyone. We’ve no negotiating position and the EU know it. Changing leader doesn’t change that. With remainers like Rudd and Hammond outside the tent instead of inside the Parliamentary arithmetic moves further against any type of Brexit, let alone no deal Brexit.

As I’ve repeated a number of times: if no deal is so good why are even some prominent Brexit supporters against it? Without using the word courage. This isn’t a World War Two propaganda reel. There’s no credible economic analysis, from anyone, that says we are better off under no deal.
Old 26-05-2019, 11:40   #2677
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
There is a petition doing the rounds ATM.
That’s a bit rich, the people did decide but are being thwarted by politicians
Old 26-05-2019, 12:01   #2678
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
That’s a bit rich, the people did decide but are being thwarted by politicians
It has only managed about 30.000 signatures so far.

Just checked, 31.000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg petition.jpg (133.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 26-05-2019, 12:15   #2679
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Personally, I think the whole Brexit referendum idea was a plan designed to show that players such as Farrage and his followers were a small minority in the grand scheme of things, with no real support from the masses, and could therefore safely be ignored forever after.

Ultimately, as shown, they were well out of touch with the people they represent . . it was a close result I admit, but it was a result I believe they never in their wildest dreams envisaged

Cameron waved as he walked away from the monumental mess he'd created, but who else that contributed to that mess is still in office and doing 'very well thank you' ?
Old 26-05-2019, 13:02   #2680
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The Tories are out of touch. That’s not new.
Old 26-05-2019, 13:41   #2681
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Especially since bursaries were abolished.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ries-abolished
Brexit and the NHS are incompatible. I fear what will happen over the next decade.
Old 26-05-2019, 13:41   #2682
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

RE- exit polls for EU elections.

Just found this little snippet.

Quote:
Will there be exit polls?

No - the rest of the EU will be voting over the next few days. It is a criminal offence for any country in the EU to publish exit polls, or any information about how people have voted during the election, before 22:00 BST on Sunday 26 May.
Old 26-05-2019, 13:49   #2683
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Brexit and the NHS are incompatible. I fear what will happen over the next decade.
FYI there was a NHS before we joined the EEC (EU) and there will be after we leave.
Old 26-05-2019, 13:51   #2684
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
FYI there was a NHS before we joined the EEC (EU) and there will be after we leave.
Decimated by privatisation demanded in a US trade deal, but in a technicality it'll still exist.
Old 26-05-2019, 13:54   #2685
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Exactly! It is incredible how some remainers think, or they would have you believe.
Closed Thread