Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Old 15-06-2006, 21:22   #556
tubbles
Inactive

Services: Ntl digital TV and Bells and whistles mmmmm 10mb Broadband 8)
tubbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Smicer, I am on the Wirral (Rock Ferry) and mine was slow but i changed proxy. it worked for me as i have been playing CSS on internet no lag (or skill). Web pages loading fine now too.

BTW i use Firefox
tubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2006, 22:05   #557
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Free downgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
We do, & this thread will get merged shortly.
Why has the downgrade thread been merged with the connection issues thread? The two are different problems.

Boz
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 22:22   #558
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I would have merged it with the 2meg-4meg thread but its the Mod's decision
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 20:07   #559
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

HI

Might as well keep the thread going as nothing has changed its still as bad
at times SAT 17TH 1630 1730 Very poor browsing\email US Both SYNC RDY lights out or Flashing lasts about 5 minutes then back for few minutes

SUN 18TH as above
MON 19TH as Above my Sons setup the Same (another place same area) same problem . 1900 problem has cleared. but returned 2100 2200
RDY Light flashing or Sync\RDY out

this goes on most evenings from 1630 to 1900 and occaisionly late

upgrade to 4mb Here in GU14 Has made no diferance to those using it its
still Useless at times Calls to INDIA not worth the Time or hastle
gulf4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 20:43   #560
Rodders
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD...VM B/band 10 Meg
Rodders is a jewel in the roughRodders is a jewel in the roughRodders is a jewel in the roughRodders is a jewel in the roughRodders is a jewel in the rough

Well, I had a moan at NTL about loss of connection on 06/06/06
sent them an E-Mail voicing my concerns about their unsatisfactory service

Mail sent......
Date Submitted: 7/6/2006 10:15:49 PM
Your NTL Broadband service is a joke. The outages are happening now on a regular basis this is just not on. The most recent one being Tues 6th June (Browsing issue) As I pay £17.99 a month subscription I have noticed that you don't reduce it by 60p for the day that was lost unable to use the Internet I will be contacting yourselves shortly with a view to cancelling my account and moving to another provider that is more reliable.
Unhappy customer
1st reply.....

Hi R*****

Please accept my apologies for the problems you have been experiencing.

The problems that you were experiencing may have been caused by a DDoS attack that effected our DNS, these have since been resolved. The problems would have included inability to view Internet pages.

With regard to your comments about the reduction in charges for the service interruption, I have passed the matter to the Customer Services department for action.

Thank you for contacting ntl
Phil

2nd reply
Hi R******

Thank you for using our online forum. Your comments have been recorded on our database.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the loss of service on the broadband and have given you 3 months' connection at £8.99 starting today. Please be advised that this offer does not run concurrent with your billing date - which is the 24th of every month - and as such will lapse on the 18th of September. Your next bill will reflect the changes taking effect from today and will be a mix of charges apportioned on a part month basis for your previous and new tariffs respectively.

Thank you for contacting ntl.
Mansoor
Rodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2006, 12:13   #561
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

I had problems in the AL8 area over the weekend with no connection ready light just flashing and my husband has just phoned to say the same is happening again today
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2006, 13:58   #562
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

HI

Farnborough gu14 conection impossible for more than 2 minutes at a time
from 0900 flashing RDY\ SYNC or no lights At all EMAIL Dead even when
net pages were avail all over this area the Same Complain all i get referred
to is INDIA who go through the same routine POINTLESS .
OK i keep moaning well so i should we have no BT Line here that were any good so cannot move anyway . i just hope NTL Management do read this
as well because this is now out of hand your own Employees that ive spoken to are just as bafled as i am as to why you cannot get this FIXED
So how about it NTL WHATS THE PROBLEM THEN ?

TONY
Old 20-06-2006, 15:29   #563
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

I was hoping to work from home a couple of days this week but will be unable to if the broadband connection keeps on going down and I pay £34.99 a month for this
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2006, 19:09   #564
nho1993
Inactive

nho1993 is on a distinguished roadnho1993 is on a distinguished road

really slow service, my pages take ages to load today im in the RG42 aerea bracknell berkshire. anyone else having same problems?
nho1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2006, 19:17   #565
MFKR78
Inactive

MFKR78 is an unknown quantity at this point

We lost all cable tv and broadband last night (right in the middle of the football highlights which was great) for a good hour and a half.

Today we lost all of it again from 5 until 6.30ish. My computer also crashed to the blue screen again sometime after which now happens repeatedly every time the broadband service goes so I can't even use my PC offline.

As always great service NTL.
MFKR78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 10:50   #566
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

HI Working fairly well this morning Gu14(farnborough) Athough there are intermitant EMAIL problems "Server cannot be found" Password rejected" " Atime out has occured" and the usual Server disconnected ,Web pages loading fair although somtimes without images or slow loading them

tony
21st at 1050am
Old 21-06-2006, 15:09   #567
nho1993
Inactive

nho1993 is on a distinguished roadnho1993 is on a distinguished road

Theres a ntl enigneer outsdie my house as hte NTL box for my street is right by my house, dont know what hes doing.
nho1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 18:44   #568
chocky909
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband BT Phone Sky+ TV Primark Undies
chocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of light

My 2/4mb connection has been rubbish for the last week or so. Some sites I have bookmarked just wont load while others are fine. Hoping it'll go away soon but getting very peed off now.

My top dl speed is fine, it's just certain sites won't load - about 4/10 of my bookmarks.

I'm in SE15 btw and I'm still getting 2mb speed.
chocky909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 22:19   #569
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocky909
My 2/4mb connection has been rubbish for the last week or so. Some sites I have bookmarked just wont load while others are fine. Hoping it'll go away soon but getting very peed off now.

My top dl speed is fine, it's just certain sites won't load - about 4/10 of my bookmarks.

I'm in SE15 btw and I'm still getting 2mb speed.
I was getting that m8 till I used this proxy........62.252.32.11:8080 ....give it a go.
Old 25-06-2006, 22:43   #570
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

[QUOTE=Ramrod]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocky909
I was getting that m8 till I used this proxy........62.252.32.11:8080 ....give it a go.
Now everyone will rush to that and crash it
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote