Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Old 08-06-2006, 23:11   #526
Jazz
Inactive

Jazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Was having the same problem today so changed to proxy settings to lutn-cache-6.server.ntli.net and it seems to be working ok since, touch wood!
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2006, 11:22   #527
MFKR78
Inactive

MFKR78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a speed test of 1.1mbps and I'm on the 2k service (should be 4 at some point this month)

I had 2 the other day so obviously I'm getting low speeds yet again nevermind an upgrade.
MFKR78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 14:10   #528
MFKR78
Inactive

I've just started getting the same problem yet again. Websites not opening or images not showing. Google won't show the image and several other sites aren't loading images properly.

NTL are a disgrace.
Old 11-06-2006, 14:58   #529
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

At the moment this seems to be the only site I can successfully access.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 18:26   #530
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKR78

NTL are a disgrace.
I disagree

Overall my 3yrs with NTL has been excellent!
There are bound to be some problems when upgrading a network so hold tight or cancel and get ADSL!
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 18:44   #531
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

I've been getting this the last 3 days, today doesn't seem to bad though, yesterday was very bad, hardly any site would load normal, today just a few odd things wont load on sites.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 19:07   #532
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Changing proxys seems to have fixed my issues, for now, but that shouldn't really be necessary should it
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 20:14   #533
MFKR78
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik
I disagree

Overall my 3yrs with NTL has been excellent!
There are bound to be some problems when upgrading a network so hold tight or cancel and get ADSL!
It's not the upgrades I'm talking about, it's the multiple DDoS attacks they have admitted having. Each time they've been supposedly dealt with and then lo and behold the same problem happens again while NTL seem to sit there like the 3 stooges scratching their heads.

Companies can be forgiven for one off problems like this, a couple of times is getting pretty dodgy, 3 and above is getting beyond a joke for a company anywhere near the size of NTL.
Old 11-06-2006, 21:11   #534
mikeybrass
Inactive

mikeybrass is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't had any problems with NTL since their debacle at the start of last week.
mikeybrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 23:16   #535
bushiee
Inactive

bushiee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKR78
I just got a speed test of 1.1mbps and I'm on the 2k service (should be 4 at some point this month)

I had 2 the other day so obviously I'm getting low speeds yet again nevermind an upgrade.

Wich speed test do you use MFKR78 ?

I should like to see if my upgrade has been completed yet.
Cheers
bushiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:05   #536
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushiee
Wich speed test do you use MFKR78 ?

I should like to see if my upgrade has been completed yet.
Cheers
Hit 'Speed Test' at the top of this page.
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:23   #537
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

I've had 2 days of bad connections now. Saturday and Sunday evening were diabolical. The "cable" light on the modem kept going off, then flashing, then reconnecting. This would happen on and off through the evening. Then Sunday night at about 21:45 the connection dropped completely. Its working now.

I also had numerous TV issues over the weekend, like interactive and on-demand throwing errors and requiring reboots of the STB (I counted 4 separate incidents).

Things seem to be bad in NTL land at the moment.

Boz
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:20   #538
MFKR78
Inactive

I'm using Dan Elwell's Broadband Speed Test.

I just ran it again and got very similar results. Showing a small amount of packet loss on one and an unacceptable amount of packet loss on another.

Does anyone know where I even begin to find out about that packet loss problem? I have no desire to spend my money ringing some tit at ntl that doesn't even know what it is and asks me to reboot etc etc.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58   #539
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

my broadband has been off more than on this weekend all I get is the ready light flashing - have contacted techinal support and have an engineer coming out this afternoon
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:47   #540
colonelblighty
Inactive

Services: Digital T.V. samsung 2110 box 10mb broadband NTL phoneline
colonelblighty is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also been severly affected recently. I did have a strong 10mb connection since installation in March but since last Tuesday my connection is a complete joke. (slower than dial up)

Spoke to technical support a couple of time to be told that there is a problem in my area WS7.

Tried changing proxies but that made no difference at all also noticed that there are no interactive services on my Tv and theres a nice flashing led that wasnt there before last week
colonelblighty is offline   Reply With Quote