Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving home, question about install

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moving home, question about install

Old 29-02-2024, 22:46   #16
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Moving home, question about install

So a few weeks on and things haven't moved along, it really is frustrating dealing with CS, even a complaint raised seems to be going round in circles, every time I speak to someone I am told a pre-pull is scheduled for that day, either staff just say that or the contractors that this with are gaming the system and just changing the date everyday so it doesn't breach an SLA.

I need to get this escalated and so far my request to speak to a manager or area manager is falling on deaf ears and I am getting absolutely no reply's regarding compensation.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2024, 01:48   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Have you tried the actual VM forums ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 11:16   #18
zantarous

zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Have you tried the actual VM forums ?
Yes they were the ones that raised the complaint for me. I found some emails last night so I tried email the head of CS, don't expect a reply though.
Old 23-03-2024, 23:02   #19
zantarous

Had a call from someone at VM yesterday and they basically said that the cost of resolving the issue with pulling the cable was too costly and they will not be able to supply me with a service.

It is very odd as they are simply writing of the road, which has a lot of houses, even though the street is fully cabled up.

I guess they only left is now wait for OpenReach to fibre up my area, so goodbye VM after being a cable customer since 1997.
Old 11-04-2024, 12:16   #20
alanrogger007
cf.member

alanrogger007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently moved and faced similar decisions. For finding a moving company, I used threemovers.com/best-moving-companies/ which helped me pick Three Movers due to their good reviews and services. Regarding your question, it is possible to install the cable TV box and modem in different rooms. I had a similar setup where the TV was in the living room and the modem in my office. The moving company coordinated with the installers, ensuring that my internet and TV setups were according to my plan. The key is to communicate clearly with the installation technicians about your requirements; they can usually accommodate such setups as long as wiring and signal requirements are met.
alanrogger007 is offline   Reply With Quote