Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 10:12   #5926
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No she doesn't 'deserve all she gets'. She is an elected MP and we settle these things by elections. Not intimidation, rape threats and abuse. You can't go on about democracy all the time and advocate intimation and threats as a method of political action, that's not democracy it's thuggery.

No one does. It matters not which side of the political divide of any issue an MP is on. Plus I'm getting sick of the whataboutism that gets offered as an excuse. It's wrong whatever your political affiliations happen to be.

Last edited by Maggy; 08-01-2019 at 10:16.
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2019, 10:16   #5927
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
More fake outrage - seen enough of it - as I said I have no sympathy for her at all. I was not aware of the Rape threats, so do not levy that at me, I am on about Anna being shouted outside parliament and being called a liar and a Nazi.

It's suddenly not okay to call the other side a Nazi, dear me, when people on the right and Brexiteers themselves have been associated with such a term since the leave result.
It's not 'fake outrage', it's me objecting to these thugs. As for the rape threats these are the kind of people we're dealing with.

The police need to stop MPs, or anyone else frankly, being surrounded and hassled like that. it's a big security risk for a start. It's an unacceptable way to behave.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:17   #5928
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’d go as far as nothing illegal. However Farage’s statement and the public exit poll manipulated the market.
It was the Remain side that said that the pound would drop if the vote was for leave.

What people seem to forget is that the markets will turn a particular direction if enough people are convinced that a particular event will cause the market to turn in that direction. If the pound is thought to go down in the near future, then they are "forced" to sell in order to get the best price before it drops further. That selling is the thing that drops the price and NOTHING ELSE.
Eg On Black Wednesday when the UK was forced out of the ERM, the German Bundesbank, the BBC etc were determined to have the Pound devalued. That triggered a run of selling of the Pound which caused the value to drop. There was no real devaluation, only the fear of it being devalued.

After any fall they simply buy back what they sold for a cheaper price. They make profits out if it.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:18   #5929
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Probably her own constituents unhappy at her brexit stance.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:20   #5930
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's not 'fake outrage', it's me objecting to these thugs. As for the rape threats these are the kind of people we're dealing with.

The police need to stop MPs, or anyone else frankly, being surrounded and hassled like that. it's a big security risk for a start. It's an unacceptable way to behave.
Stop going on about the rape threats, that is a separate issue and totally unacceptable - as for people urling and shouting at MPs, it happens all the time.

So you are objecting to this behaviour - Right, so where the hell was your objections when JRM and his kids were targeted ?

I saw nothing said by you back then when that happened, that I recall, I stand to be corrected if you did.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:20   #5931
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Indeed If another Jo Cox happens there is nothing whatsoever fake about that..
Old 08-01-2019, 10:23   #5932
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
She is on a wafer thin majority, less than 900 votes.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:23   #5933
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Stop going on about the rape threats, that is a separate issue and totally unacceptable - as for people urling and shouting at MPs, it happens all the time.

So you are objecting to this behaviour - Right, so where the hell was your objections when JRM and his kids were targeted ?

I saw nothing said by you back then when that happened, that I recall, I stand to be corrected if you did.
Whether its left or right or someone who supports Brexit or does not there is no place for any type of abuse whatsoever.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:24   #5934
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Come to think about it, where was your outrage back when Hugh was joking about shooting dead six MPs, all Brexiteers ???
Old 08-01-2019, 10:25   #5935
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
If her constituents are unhappy then there is a ballot box to show their displeasure at her don't you agree?..
Old 08-01-2019, 10:27   #5936
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

It's not the a different issue, it's the same people.

And here I where I called the people abusing Mogg and his kids a horrible little group: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3#post35963023
Old 08-01-2019, 10:30   #5937
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It’s apparent that Brexit has caused the poisonous underclass to believe they can act outside the law.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:33   #5938
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It's not the a different issue, it's the same people.

And here I where I called the people abusing Mogg and his kids a horrible little group: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3#post35963023
That's fair enough, like I said, happy to be stand corrected, be it a small outcry back then - probably why I missed it.

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Quote:
It’s apparent that Brexit has caused the poisonous underclass to believe they can act outside the law.
It was like this way before Brexit, but trust you to blame the cause on something you totally disagree with.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:36   #5939
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

So this morning politicians and the BBC are finally dropping the rhetoric and admitting clearly that Parliament cannot stop Brexit occurring in March whether or not there’s a deal. Former Labour minister Yvette Cooper seems to think that good old fashioned civil war era brinkmanship is the way to deal with this - her wheeze is to propose an amendment to the finance bill (which enacts the budget), constraining some of the government’s tax raising powers in the event of a ‘no deal’, unless Parliament has explicitly authorised it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46789565
Old 08-01-2019, 10:36   #5940
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
There has always been some hate and abuse there in society and there always has been but one you let the genie fully out of the bottle then that is a different thing altogether.