Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2018, 21:50   #1921
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
Im a little confused what cant they remove until after November 12th? As you have three months to........?
The theory being because when channels leave recordings expire after 3 months.

That ignores (but that’s never stopped anyone speculating before) the fact nobody knows how Virgin set expiration dates on recordings, and the fact the channels haven’t genuinely left.

When a channel moves EPG number the recordings aren’t lost. As far as my V6 goes the extra channels pointed to the same stream as the original (verified by the diagnostics menu while recording).

Last edited by jfman; 16-08-2018 at 22:17.
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2018, 22:47   #1922
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
I agree, with the latest new additions, Virgin Media now has every significant TV channel available in the UK except for MTV Classic, Sky Atlantic and AMC.
and Eleven Sports 1 & 2
Old 16-08-2018, 22:51   #1923
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Do we really NEED any more "new" channels though with the same mind dumbing reality nonsense and the amount of repeats of NCIS on half a dozen different channels?
Surely VM should now be looking to invest in the future and boost its high quality streaming/on-demand content, with both 3rd party apps and its own exclusive rights offerings.
Let Sky lead the way with their 500 channels of repeats and drivel, and VM be the UK "go to" main provider option for streaming and on-demand content to compliment its Netflix offering.
Surely this is the future?

Totally agree with you on that comment, way too many ppl willing to watch utter dross.
Old 16-08-2018, 23:23   #1924
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Some viewers think Virgin Media have no room to launch any new channels but they have two TSid channels free after the UKTV Channels carry on. They can use one of the two TSid Stream for GOLD HD if Virgin Media wanted to.
I only know of space left for one HD channel on TSID 30, where is the other one

VM will have to reconfigure their network before too long for when (If?) Freesports HD starts. As SP said, the old Pace SD boxes should be out of service in a couple of weeks.

This will allow them to complete the change to 256-QAM from 64-QAM on the streams used for VM download services, which will free up more space on the system.
Old 16-08-2018, 23:36   #1925
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It’s been pointed out that one TSID only contains Premier Sports 2, which is being duplicated elsewhere. Another holds only a placeholder for ZooMoo HD moving. Plenty of space, as you have been informed now on numerous occasions.
Old 16-08-2018, 23:59   #1926
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

No, at present there isn't, as you've been told on plenty of occasions.

This must be getting really boring for everyone on here now. Shall we see if SP can let us know once and for all (though I respect the fact that he may not be able to discuss such matters for reasons of commercial confidentiality).
Old 17-08-2018, 02:18   #1927
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Media Boy has someone who can see the same data I can in my area. I fail to see why you persist with this nonsense, it’s not doing you any favours reputationally on this forum.

Anyone with a DVB-C card (or compatible TV) can confirm my findings on the Knowsley platform. They will also find an off EPG version of Premier Sports 2 broadcasting unencrypted.

Last edited by jfman; 17-08-2018 at 02:23.
Old 17-08-2018, 07:42   #1928
jfman
Architect of Ideas

People can confirm if their area has Premier Sports 2 on the same frequency as 4Music by setting recordings and entering the diagnostic menu.

In my area it isn’t, it’s on it’s own. The off EPG version is on the same frequency as ITV3 (standard definition).

So I’d be grateful for people to record 3 programmes at the same time from these channels and report back the frequency in the diagnostic menu of their TiVo or V6. You can tell which is which because the EPG number is in the list below the tuner.

If all three are on different frequencies scan the one ITV3 is on with a DVB-C compatible TV. You will find a further Premier Sports 2.
Old 17-08-2018, 09:48   #1929
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Its not really as simple as that though.
No, it's not, it's a complete red herring because the people posting this stuff completely fail to take into account what VM are planning to do. The intention of VM to give us some UHD channels later this year totally undermines the argument being put forward that Virgin is running out of capacity.
Old 17-08-2018, 10:12   #1930
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Shall we see if SP can let us know once and for all
I already have done.
Old 17-08-2018, 12:09   #1931
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Morning all- happy friday to us all and apologies to the weekend workers out there. This eleven sports is awful Lots of games on tonight and you can watch some of them on facebook. What? Why do i want to watch football on my computer or tablet.

They claim to be speaking to VM but i doubt any deal will be done and it wont be coming soon
Old 17-08-2018, 12:13   #1932
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Morning all- happy friday to us all and apologies to the weekend workers out there. This eleven sports is awful Lots of games on tonight and you can watch some of them on facebook. What? Why do i want to watch football on my computer or tablet.

They claim to be speaking to VM but i doubt any deal will be done and it wont be coming soon
Afternoon Vince as personally l would be surprised if any deal is forthcoming now but alas l do have a track record of being more wrong then l am right.
Old 17-08-2018, 12:45   #1933
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Will it allow it to be sent to a smart TV. As you can with Netflix etc ?
Old 17-08-2018, 14:25   #1934
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I already have done.
Under the current configuration, at this moment in time, how many more HD channels can VM fit onto the system?

I am aware that VM will be able to create more space by reconfiguring the system going forward, so this doesn't mean that this figure is it forevermore.

Also, will TSID 36 & 37 be brought back into use for HD (or SD) channels? If so, where will VM place any test channels that are required?

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, it's not, it's a complete red herring because the people posting this stuff completely fail to take into account what VM are planning to do. The intention of VM to give us some UHD channels later this year totally undermines the argument being put forward that Virgin is running out of capacity.
The capacity available next year will not necessarily be the same amount of capacity available right now, even with exactly the same infrastructure. In fact, it's unlikely to be so because VM can do various things to increase it.

I am talking about the situation today as it stands
Old 17-08-2018, 16:00   #1935
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Richard would you mind reporting the frequencies for Premier Sports 2, 4Music and ITV3 (SD) by setting up recordings and accessing the diagnostic menu of your set top box?
Closed Thread