Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 11-05-2013, 20:35   #1336
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
We've had Setanta and ESPN and we're not paying less, we're paying more!
Not much more compared to ESPN. The quality of matches on BT should be better too, making the current BT price better value than ESPN or Setanta.
If you wanna pay less, set up a social networking group to get a large number of disgruntled fans together so you can all cancel Sky Sports en masse for two or three months at the start of the season. That will bring the price down very quickly.
I think bt will make a success of its sports, but it is gonna take a long while for them to really force Sky to drop prices.
The power to have prices is in your hands, if you simply can't bear to miss any football matches then you are gonna have to continue to pay through the nose for it!!!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2013, 21:42   #1337
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

Round at the girlfriends who has Sky. There are place holders on channels 413 and 414 for BT Sports. Looks like they're ready!
Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 22:55   #1338
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Not much more compared to ESPN. The quality of matches on BT should be better too, making the current BT price better value than ESPN or Setanta.
If you wanna pay less, set up a social networking group to get a large number of disgruntled fans together so you can all cancel Sky Sports en masse for two or three months at the start of the season. That will bring the price down very quickly.
I think bt will make a success of its sports, but it is gonna take a long while for them to really force Sky to drop prices.
The power to have prices is in your hands, if you simply can't bear to miss any football matches then you are gonna have to continue to pay through the nose for it!!!
True. Though what I meant was before Setanta came about we were paying less. As more and more bidding wars came about we started paying more and more to cover it.

Like I said before Sky were making losses for many many years, they had planned for it, I'm sure BT are planning the same, in it for the long term and have the money like Sky did to take the losses for some time.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 23:14   #1339
Mr Banana

Quote:
True. Though what I meant was before Setanta came about we were paying less. As more and more bidding wars came about we started paying more and more to cover it.

Like I said before Sky were making losses for many many years, they had planned for it, I'm sure BT are planning the same, in it for the long term and have the money like Sky did to take the losses for some time.
Big difference now is that next time they both bid the price paid will have to be massive and who will lose out - us!
Old 11-05-2013, 23:18   #1340
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Yeah, they're being replaced by feeds of BT Sport 1 & 2 so that non-infinity customers can watch it.
I'm sure the percentage of TUTV subscribers will be quite small but still, it's a bit naff for those who just want freeview with sport
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 23:42   #1341
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Big difference now is that next time they both bid the price paid will have to be massive and who will lose out - us!
Exactly.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:28   #1342
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Summed up perfectly.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:08   #1343
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Paying more now than say 5 years ago!
That's called inflation and you know it. Everyone's prices go up.
If you were a Sky customer and you were paying £10 a month for ESPN. Plus whatever for bb, you can now move that BB to BT and get a much better equivalent to ESPN for free.

How is that more?
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:10   #1344
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Main problem for me is having to swap VM Broadband for BT who I simply do not trust...
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:43   #1345
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Main problem for me is having to swap VM Broadband for BT who I simply do not trust...
Better the devil you know then the devil you don't know as once bitten twice shy.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:53   #1346
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

To be honest we don't know yet if VM will get BT Sports or not...
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:11   #1347
Mr Banana

I don't know if I have understood this correctly but in the Mail there is a piece about BT going to Ofcom as Sky won't agree to a carriage deal to allow Sky Sports 1 and 2 on You View. Does this mean Sky Sports is not on You View as I assumed it was.

Sky are apparently blocking this as BT will not allow Sky to sell direct via You View as BT are doing through Sky.

All getting a bit messy this, hopefully VM will come out with something that is easy to understand.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:55   #1348
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
To be honest we don't know yet if VM will get BT Sports or not...
When the hell are we going to find out? >
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:07   #1349
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
When the hell are we going to find out?
Soon I hope as getting BT Sports or not will sway me to change to Sky or stay with VM
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:09   #1350
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Just been watching BT Sport 1 to see if any other info and once you have BT Sport you can watch it on the go via the BT Sport app and have it on as many devices as you want with 2 streaming at the same time. There seemed to be no hint of it coming to VM thou but surely all they need to do is do the same as Sky customers and need the card number and go through same process. If it is going to be on VM i cant see it being free, i see it being same cost as Sky customers
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote