Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless printing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless printing

Old 03-08-2008, 13:01   #16
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Wireless printing

Only reason I was after a printer with the network card built in, If it's designed for that printer then one knows its going to work with that printer.

These USB print server things are a bit iffy espcailly if the printer wants bi-directional communications.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2008, 13:17   #17
daz300
Inactive

Services: walking speed BB and tivo
daz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to all

hi , would some thing like this help you

Belkin Network USB Hub £59.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...t%3EBELKIN.htm

i have one with a hd and some othere bits as well .

daz300
daz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 13:30   #18
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz300 View Post
hi , would some thing like this help you

Belkin Network USB Hub £59.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...t%3EBELKIN.htm

i have one with a hd and some othere bits as well .

daz300
Depends on the Driver support i'd imagine.

It's slightly cheaper online but by the time you pay P&P not much though.
Might be worth paying the extra couple £ and getting it from a bricks and morter store.

Dunno about computer hardware but argos are usally quite good at taking things back if they don't perform as expected.

Off topic:

Got the email from Misco looks like they've accepted the order, My Mail providers spamfilter had forgotten my settings and had it in holding
Old 03-08-2008, 19:14   #19
ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08

you can get the belkin wireless network usb hub, dabs.com has some at good price £60. it is very good and i cannot fault it one bit.
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 19:22   #20
dragon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddock08 View Post
you can get the belkin wireless network usb hub, dabs.com has some at good price £60. it is very good and i cannot fault it one bit.
Isnt that the same one Daz300 posted for £60 in argos (which providing theres an argos local that has them in stock would be quicker than waiting for dabs to deliver)
Old 03-08-2008, 19:32   #21
ruddock08
cf.addict

yer sorry :P cant read properly :P

you should get one, they are fantastic. just install drivers and your away, works with everything imaginable. only problem is hard drives are a bit slow (700 mb in 4 mins?) compared to usb2 but it's wireless and it's great!
Old 03-08-2008, 19:41   #22
dragon
Inactive

Quote:
yer sorry :P cant read properly :P

you should get one, they are fantastic. just install drivers and your away, works with everything imaginable. only problem is hard drives are a bit slow (700 mb in 4 mins?) compared to usb2 but it's wireless and it's great!
What about the Driver support though, does it support Vista x64.

Interesting but I've got an old Desktop I use as a NAS (I have about 6 HDDs in it which would look messy all in USB caddys)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140153

saying that you can get a dual core Xeon server for under £120 thesedays so at somepoint I may replace the Desktop pretending to be a server with a proper Server since the desktop soetimes plays up only reason i kept it was becuase it had a big enough case to fit all my spare drives in (its a 3800x2 )

I've already got a proliant rackmount server and so far i've not had any problems with it (Not at home, its co-lo'd elsewhere)
Old 03-08-2008, 19:53   #23
ruddock08
cf.addict

i think the dirvers for the netwrok hub are x64, not 100% sure though, but even if they were you still need x 64 drivers fpr your devices you will be using with it
Old 03-08-2008, 20:10   #24
dragon
Inactive

Quote:
i think the dirvers for the netwrok hub are x64, not 100% sure though, but even if they were you still need x 64 drivers fpr your devices you will be using with it
depends on the devices stuff like drives doesnt usually need a driver

I think we are getting rather off topic here.