Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrade from Sky + Multiroom to Sky HD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Upgrade from Sky + Multiroom to Sky HD

Old 23-10-2006, 17:27   #1
murkiespoons
Inactive

murkiespoons is an unknown quantity at this point
Upgrade from Sky + Multiroom to Sky HD

I currently have sky + with multiroom, second box upstairs which is normal. So, quad lmb with double cable to downstairs sky+, and single cable to upstairs box.

I subscribe to sky movies, and few others in a package, and pay an extra £10 a month i think for multiroom.

I want to upgrade to sky HD, but i have a couple of queries...

Is it possible for me to swap the existing two boxes i have, as long as i run an additional cable from the lmb to the sky+ upstairs, leaving me with a spare cable downstairs, and then get the box downstiars upgraded from normal box to sky HD ( which i believe has the same functionality as sky + ? )

If this is possible, what would i get out of the new system ?

Could i record upstairs on the old sky +, but only on one line ? ( ie, not two channels at once, but everything else, record, rewind, pause live tv etc )

Secondly, can anyone advise me how much HD from sky costs ?

I tried to work it out from there website, but it appears you have to work out what channels you want, if you want sky +, hd, multiroom, factor in the average distance of earth from the moon today, multiply all that by your shoe size, and then add on a random number sky have just thought of

Any advice welcome
murkiespoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-10-2006, 14:47   #2
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Upgrade from Sky + Multiroom to Sky HD

Sorry, missed this post last week.

If you move the Sky+ upstairs and run a second line you will be able to use it just as you can now. If you move it upstairs without an extra cable then you'll be able to rewind live TV but only record one channel and you'll get some weird messages if you try to use the EPG while recording a program.

We've got two Sky+ boxes (and a normal free sat one in the kitchen) running off an OctoLMB and it all works great. They only addition I'd like is the ability to share video from one box to another but I'm sure we'll get that eventually.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote