Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky scraps Sky+ subscription charge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky scraps Sky+ subscription charge

Old 19-05-2007, 23:51   #16
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Sky scraps Sky+ subscription charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus9876 View Post
I still dont understand what this means excatly. I have sky+ plus multiroom and sky movies. I pay £46/mo. Does this mean i can get rid of the movies and still save £10/mo ?
no because you still have to pay the £10 multiroom charge
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2007, 23:59   #17
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

He would be saving £10 compared to how things were before though.

As, if this change had not happened, & zeus9876 decided to drop the Movies Mix, he'd find himself having to then pay the £10 Sky+ sub 'cos of not having any Premiums.

Now, though, zeus9876 can drop the Movies & not have to worry about having to start paying an extra tenner per month for Sky+.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 15:45   #18
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

May sound a DAFT Question... But I'll ask anyway as I have never seen Sky+ working...

If I went to a well known Web Auction site & got a Sky+ Box. Will that work FREE after the Data mentioned without having to ring Sky? or do I have to buy £99 box to Activate the Sky+ Service?

I'm on the £15 TV Deal with Sky (1 Package)
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 21:19   #19
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Nothing wrong with buying a Sky box off Ebay or anywhere else - they're not Sky's property (unlike Virgin Media boxes & modems, which shouldn't be sold on ebay as they're still VM's property).

You would need to get a dual (at a minimum) LNB fitted to the dish though, as Sky+ requires two feeds.

You *would* have to ring Sky - it won't just simply work.

But, all it would involve is phoning Sky, telling them you have a new Sky+ box, & asking them to pair your viewing card with it & activate the Sky+ features.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 09:43   #20
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

Thanks Matt D for that advice May try it in July
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 10:53   #21
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

I bought my HD box off Ebay and simply switched it for my Sky+ box (also moved my viewing card from one to the other).

Phoned up Sky, told them the score and viola, all working - no fuss and nice and easy.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 10:54   #22
zing_deleted

Yeah I self installed my sky+ a while ago but sold it when I cancelled but as ive posted elsewhere they just given me another one free
Old 24-05-2007, 17:18   #23
UnReaL
Inactive

UnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really nice

I had a phone call from Sky today at about 1:30pm, I was given an offer of a free Sky+ box with £25 credit added to my Account.

So basically I got the following:

1. Free Sky+ box w/ £25 credit added to Account.
2. No minimum contract (so contract free, can cancel anytime and will be able to keep the Sky + box).
2. 1st month free.
3. 2nd month = £5.xx plus an added 10% discount.

I can basically pay the £5.xx for the 2nd month, cancel 30 days before next month and still keep box, paying for just the 2nd month. This is a bargain without a doubt.

Before anyone says anything, I know that you cannot record programmes without a subscription, but I have no problem with that, given that I'm only paying £5.xx for a "spare" box incase my other Multiroom box messes up on me (out of contract box).
UnReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 20:00   #24
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I may be ditching sky+, I wasnt paying the subs as I have sky sports package but the box is so slow and buggy compared to the normal sky digi box.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote