Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ remote control/box not working

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky+ remote control/box not working

Old 28-02-2007, 20:23   #1
i.hands@btopenwo
Inactive

i.hands@btopenwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky+ remote control/box not working

Any help much appreciated here!!

Had Sky+ box just over a year and remote not working. It works the telly ok and light shows at the end so it must be something to do with the sensor not batteries etc. Rang Sky+ 3 times already this evening and got through to digibox technical help but they told me to ring Sky+ later when there would be less of a wait. Have already cleared hard drive, turned on/off, forced download etc but at wits end now as I'm missing footie!!

Any ideas of possible problems? fixes? The box is not working with manual touch either? Very convieient in that warranty is just finished! Refuse to pay £99 quid for extended warranty and £65 for call out - not threatened the cancellation yet just want a fix!!

Thanks
i.hands@btopenwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2007, 20:27   #2
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky+ remote control/box not working

to the forum!

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out shortly.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 21:16   #3
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts
Re: Sky+ remote control/box not working

hi welcome to the forum.
it could be a number of things like a broken remote or box

first thing to check is to make sure u have pressed the sky button.then try and see if it works.

can u change the box by the buttons on the box if u have and that dont work unplug the box for 5 min (also remove ur viewing card)and try again

if that still dont work i say a box fault