Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 26-06-2020, 15:08   #871
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
An extra zero after the decimal point is needed against those Disney ratings.
Yes, excuse the typos!

I would edit the post if CF would let me.

Disney Channel 0.07%
Disney Junior 0.09%
Disney XD 0.03%
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2020, 15:13   #872
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Yes, excuse the typos!

I would edit the post if CF would let me.

Disney Channel 0.07%
Disney Junior 0.09%
Disney XD 0.03%
Posts previously posted have a edit cut off time of 2 hours as after that they cannot be edited Sonic.
Old 26-06-2020, 18:59   #873
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Reports say that Sky are set to close Sky Cinema Premier +1 on July 23rd.

Reports also say that Sky will launch Sky Cinema Animation on July 23rd and reports say will be available at no extra cost to all non Cinema customers.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 20:08   #874
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Reports also say that Sky will launch Sky Cinema Animation on July 23rd and reports say will be available at no extra cost to all non Cinema customers.
Only on Sky AFAIK.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 20:36   #875
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Only on Sky AFAIK.
Like they did with Sky Crime, Sky Comedy, Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries? Sky say the same thing.

I can see JJ20X reporting in early July that Channel C HD or Sky Cinema Animation HD has appeared on "the scanners".
Old 26-06-2020, 20:40   #876
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

It seems odd to me that Sky would make a premium-branded channel available to all of its customers. My guess is that, either the reports are wrong and it will only be available to Cinema subscribers, or its Sky's way of softening the removal of the Disney channels.

I've only seen the reports on local newspaper websites. If correct, there seems to be a distinct lack of industry coverage of this strategic shift.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 21:20   #877
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
It seems odd to me that Sky would make a premium-branded channel available to all of its customers. My guess is that, either the reports are wrong and it will only be available to Cinema subscribers, or its Sky's way of softening the removal of the Disney channels.

I've only seen the reports on local newspaper websites. If correct, there seems to be a distinct lack of industry coverage of this strategic shift.
Maybe Sky will give new Sky Cinema brand names to Movies 24 channels next.
Old 26-06-2020, 23:52   #878
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

JJ20X is reporting that Virgin are running two 4K TV channels (they also have unseen channel numbers) tests on their network.

Early signs for Sky UHD?
Old 26-06-2020, 23:54   #879
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Like they did with Sky Crime, Sky Comedy, Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries? Sky say the same thing.

I can see JJ20X reporting in early July that Channel C HD or Sky Cinema Animation HD has appeared on "the scanners".
I was referring to Sky Animation being free to all subscribers not being the case on VM.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 01:06   #880
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
JJ20X is reporting that Virgin are running two 4K TV channels (they also have unseen channel numbers) tests on their network.

Early signs for Sky UHD?
I asked, and it seems not, apparently they're ancient and the change was just a FTV flag removed on each of them.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 09:38   #881
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Re Sky Cinema Animation HD - I'd wait and see. It sounds like it is just a rebranding of the current plus one channel. We shall see if it remains part of the premium Sky Cinema package, or whether it moves to the standard lower packages. Reports are ambiguous to say the least.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 14:48   #882
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post

If the reports are true, this would be entirely logical.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 18:46   #883
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

The list of HD channels available on Virgin Media that aren't available on Sky continues to grow, with Sky dropping Animal Planet HD from July 1st.

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

I've noticed that VM has quietly dropped some of their kids on demand content. CITV and 'Virgin TV Kids' are no longer available in On Demand > Kids. I'm not sure if it was there before or not, but CITV isn't in Catch Up.

As a result, the red button menu on channel 700 has a couple of broken links, which result in the user getting bounced back to the menu - 'Playlists' and 'CITV'.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

The Karaoke Channel app was removed from VM on 23 June.

I think it launched in 2010 and was included in the XL / Full House / Maxit TV packages, and not sure whether it was ever very popular.

As a result, the red button menu on channel 300 is looking rather sparse with only Vevo & Radioline. They could add BBC Sounds to make it look a bit better. Ideally they would get Spotify back.
Old 27-06-2020, 20:36   #884
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
I've noticed that VM has quietly dropped some of their kids on demand content. CITV and 'Virgin TV Kids' are no longer available in On Demand > Kids. I'm not sure if it was there before or not, but CITV isn't in Catch Up.

As a result, the red button menu on channel 700 has a couple of broken links, which result in the user getting bounced back to the menu - 'Playlists' and 'CITV'.
There's still a Kids section under Catch-up>Channels> ITV Hub in Scotland. I'd imagine this goes straight to the app in other parts of the UK as the STVPlayer tile does here under Catch-up>Channels>STVPlayer.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 21:15   #885
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
There's still a Kids section under Catch-up>Channels> ITV Hub in Scotland. I'd imagine this goes straight to the app in other parts of the UK as the STVPlayer tile does here under Catch-up>Channels>STVPlayer.
No, in the rest of the UK the ITV Hub tile within Catch Up > Channels goes to VM's own catch up system.

ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and ITVBe are all listed in Channels but not CITV. However, there is a Kids section with some CITV content, so it looks like Virgin has only lost the box sets.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 27-06-2020 at 21:19.