Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 24-06-2019, 16:48   #1096
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
Liberty Global has stated on twitter the horizon 4 ui will be on the virgin media v6 box by the end of the year
Well, I hope they are fully testing a process to convert my 400+ series links to however this new software achieves the same.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2019, 16:58   #1097
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Well, I hope they are fully testing a process to convert my 400+ series links to however this new software achieves the same.
We have even more then 400 series links so one would hope there will be a smooth software transition.
Old 24-06-2019, 16:58   #1098
bennyhill
cf.lurker

Services: Tivo (1Tb), blah, blah, blah...
bennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the rough

Not a channel I watch, but the EPG has True Crime (ch 212) listed as "No Longer Available" on Sunday 30/06 from 6.00am.
Can't remember seeing a notice on here.
bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 18:15   #1099
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyhill View Post
Not a channel I watch, but the EPG has True Crime (ch 212) listed as "No Longer Available" on Sunday 30/06 from 6.00am.
Not heard anything about it, but it would be unsurprising. It's not on Freesat, it's only on the Manchester multiplex on Freeview and they can just move the programming to Sony Crime Channel.

Question is, if it is closing, will Sony use the space for another channel on Virgin Media? There are a few +1s of theirs they could use the stream for on VM.

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

I had a quick look through the ratings for last month to guess what Sony would do if True Crime is closing. It could be it's just closing on VM but I doubt it.

True Crime had a 0.03 rating last month.
Of their channels VM doesn't have, the ratings are as follows.
Movies4Men+1 0.07
Pop+1 0.02
Pop Max 0.05
Pop Max+1 0.01
Sony Movie Channel+1 0.04
Sony Crime Channel+1 0.02
Tiny Pop+1 0.02
True Movies+1 0.02

From that Movies4Men+1 or Pop Max are the obvious candidates. Both are on Freeview, but with limited coverage, both being on the Local multiplex.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 18:22   #1100
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Got an email from Virgin as a survey about a 'new' box, combining Netflix, Prime, 6/7 tuners, how much would I be willing to pay, etc.

Looked more like Horizon than Tivo.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 18:28   #1101
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Got an email from Virgin as a survey about a 'new' box, combining Netflix, Prime, 6/7 tuners, how much would I be willing to pay, etc.

Looked more like Horizon than Tivo.
Interesting as can you divulge any more info.
Old 24-06-2019, 18:43   #1102
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Interesting as can you divulge any more info.
Not really much more to say, took the usual household demographic questions, asked what package I was on then then described a “new TV box” would I be interested and how much would I be willing to pay.

It had a couple of sample pictures of the guide and it looked like Horizon. They also specifically mentioned seamlessly continuing a recording on another box or on an app which is a Horizon 4 feature.

It asked if I’d pay a one off fee, how much then suggested £49.95 and £54.95.
Old 24-06-2019, 18:44   #1103
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Not really much more to say, took the usual household demographic questions, asked what package I was on then then described a “new TV box” would I be interested and how much would I be willing to pay.

It had a couple of sample pictures of the guide and it looked like Horizon. They also specifically mentioned seamlessly continuing a recording on another box or on an app which is a Horizon 4 feature.

Thanks.
Old 24-06-2019, 18:45   #1104
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Sorry my follow up didn’t have much more info but I’m not being secretive there just wasn’t much in it!
Old 24-06-2019, 18:50   #1105
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Sorry my follow up didn’t have much more info but I’m not being secretive there just wasn’t much in it!
l think its pretty obvious that there is plenty blowing in the wind for the rest of this year.
Old 24-06-2019, 19:03   #1106
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

That's not surprising, as the Horizon UI is supposed to be downloaded to our V6s later this year according to rumours.

Thanks for the information, jfman.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 19:23   #1107
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That's not surprising, as the Horizon UI is supposed to be downloaded to our V6s later this year according to rumours.

Thanks for the information, jfman.
Is this the same rumour from Twitter which was posted about 3 hours ago per chance?
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 19:29   #1108
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The channel has been removed from Sony's site:

https://www.sonypicturestelevision.com/brand.php?id=19

And looks like it's in the process of getting removed from the True Channels site too:

https://www.truechannels.tv/

So, looks like the channel is getting axed by Sony. Perhaps they might axe the whole "True" brand??

Last edited by Horizon; 24-06-2019 at 19:44.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 19:40   #1109
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

At the end of June True Crime will be closing on Sky and Virgin and will be temporarily suspended for an indefinite period on Freeview.

Quote:
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 19:44   #1110
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
The channel has been removed from Sony's site:

https://www.sonypicturestelevision.com/brand.php?id=19

And looks like it's in the process of getting removed from the True Channels site too. The channel is not listed at the bottom of the page where all the other channels are mentioned, but it is still mentioned elsewhere on the site:

https://www.truechannels.tv/

So, looks like the channel is getting axed by Sony. Perhaps they might axe the whole "True" brand.
Doubt they'd axe the whole True brand. True Crime may have woeful ratings (0.03 last month) but True Entertainment and True Movies are much more popular, 0.25 and 0.26 respectively last month.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote