Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 25-01-2019, 10:35   #6901
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
This I agree - there have been elements on both sides that have been equally divisive - I won't be one sided here and say my side has behaved - they have not but neither has the Remain side, we've played the same silly games with absolutely no rules and ran campaigns exactly the same way.

But for one side to totally blame the other side is wrong and uncalled for and just instils division even further. This has to end.
Mr K's value is that he almost accurately reflects the Terry Thomas I remember.

My advice is at your risk.
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2019, 10:35   #6902
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I wasn't the one that initiated the term "hate" in this context. I used it to provide continuity with the other posts that did.
I wasn't implying you did? I just picked up on the use of the word thats all
Old 25-01-2019, 10:37   #6903
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Bloody hell, scuse me whilst i faint

It has to stop you're right, but, with stakes so high, and feelings so passionate the question that begs is how?
Examples are supposed to be set from up high but sadly the examples they have set thus so far to put it bluntly have been utterly appalling.
Old 25-01-2019, 10:44   #6904
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Examples are supposed to be set from up high but sadly the examples they have set thus so far to put it bluntly have been utterly appalling.
I think i mentioned this in a previous post, but Brexit is just the tip of the iceberg. it's allowed what may have previously been bubbling under the surface social and political tensions to burst through to the fore.

The people of this country have never been more divided, there are deep wounds that have to heal somehow. Leavers telling remainers to 'get over it' is antagonistic and does nothing to help. Remainers taunting leavers with how they're going to get Brexit delayed or cancelled again does nothing to help. It's just going to cause further resentment.
Old 25-01-2019, 10:51   #6905
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think i mentioned this in a previous post, but Brexit is just the tip of the iceberg. it's allowed what may have previously been bubbling under the surface social and political tensions to burst through to the fore.

The people of this country have never been more divided, there are deep wounds that have to heal somehow. Leavers telling remainers to 'get over it' is antagonistic and does nothing to help. Remainers taunting leavers with how they're going to get Brexit delayed or cancelled again does nothing to help. It's just going to cause further resentment.
The answer to it all is to implement the Referendum result. If there is to be a 2nd Referendum, then it should be on No Deal or the final TM Deal. An extension to A50 so that the Rerendum can be arranged would not then be out of order.

Old 25-01-2019, 10:53   #6906
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The answer to it all is to implement the Referendum result. If there is to be a 2nd Referendum, then it should be on No Deal or the final TM Deal. An extension to A50 so that the Rerendum can be arranged would not then be out of order.
It's not an answer to anything at all. Implementation of the referendum will do nothing to cure the divisions of society. Nor will the holding of a 2nd referendum.
Old 25-01-2019, 11:14   #6907
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I wasn't the one that initiated the term "hate" in this context. I used it to provide continuity with the other posts that did.
Have a look at the Torygraph comments posts . It's full of language like ' traitors' and 'quislings', language that is almost laughable/archaic. The Guardian by comparison is much more civilized ! Maybe it's all Russian bots, but I suspect not. Or the abuse Tory MP Anna Soubry got outside the HOC. We all need to be careful or we'll end up with another Jo Cox situation.
Old 25-01-2019, 11:22   #6908
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Have a look at the Torygraph comments posts . It's full of language like ' traitors' and 'quislings', language that is almost laughable/archaic. The Guardian by comparison is much more civilized ! Maybe it's all Russian bots, but I suspect not. Or the abuse Tory MP Anna Soubry got outside the HOC. We all need to be careful or we'll end up with another Jo Cox situation.

Hang on a minute.... I'm a staunch remainer but that's so one sided it's unbelievable. take a look at HYS on the BBC there's the above & then leavers threatening riots, calling all Brexiteers bigots, racists and xenophobes. whilst a degree are, not all of them however

If Brexit happens do you not think there will be some remainers doing the same things to MP's? Let's not paint the remain side whiter than white.
Old 25-01-2019, 11:32   #6909
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Hang on a minute.... I'm a staunch remainer but that's so one sided it's unbelievable. take a look at HYS on the BBC there's the above & then leavers threatening riots, calling all Brexiteers bigots, racists and xenophobes. whilst a degree are, not all of them however

If Brexit happens do you not think there will be some remainers doing the same things to MP's? Let's not paint the remain side whiter than white.
Of course there's been abuse from both sides, but I wouldn't put it at 50:50.
Old 25-01-2019, 11:34   #6910
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Of course there's been abuse from both sides, but I wouldn't put it at 50:50.
You need to have some level of evidence to support that.......
Old 25-01-2019, 11:36   #6911
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
You need to have some level of evidence to support that.......
Just given it.
Old 25-01-2019, 11:39   #6912
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Just given it.
Come on man, you're better than that
Old 25-01-2019, 11:48   #6913
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Come on man, you're better than that
Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but I won't retract the word 'hate' for some of the stuff that has gone on. Doubtless some of the groups that were that way inclined anyway have used Brexit as a cover.
Old 25-01-2019, 11:52   #6914
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
It's not an answer to anything at all. Implementation of the referendum will do nothing to cure the divisions of society. Nor will the holding of a 2nd referendum.
See what I mean, everybody?

Mr M nicely equivocates on the divisions but won't accept the Referendum result. He ignores my comparison of a vote in Parliament with a majority of 1 to a Referendum result to which the guvmin commits, which Mr M doesn't like with a 4% majority.

That is perpetuating divisions and has to stop.

Old 25-01-2019, 12:22   #6915
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
See what I mean, everybody?

Mr M nicely equivocates on the divisions but won't accept the Referendum result. He ignores my comparison of a vote in Parliament with a majority of 1 to a Referendum result to which the guvmin commits, which Mr M doesn't like with a 4% majority.

That is perpetuating divisions and has to stop.

I quite clearly said that neither of the options that you provided will satisfy a fractured society as a whole based on quite clear evidence of whats available to read

I said nothing about my views whatsoever in the above post.