Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 21-12-2018, 16:00   #5461
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You know full well that your assertion is valueless. Pip was saying that he's waited 43 years to vote Leave again, and that others are like minded.

Stop playing around just to attack a Leaver's sincere remarks.
It’s worse the other way: 8.7 million were going to vote one way without engaging any meaningful debate. Kinda proves why these things should be left out of the hands of a narrow minded public.
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2018, 16:01   #5462
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
It's not ridiculous at all though is it. Even if you take into account what vote remain were saying, it's not undemocratic to want a second referendum based on what we know now. It could be said the first referendum shouldn't have took place until we know what we know now.
Did you vote to leave?
Old 21-12-2018, 16:10   #5463
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Did you vote to leave?
What I voted doesn't change my point. It's not undemocratic to want a second referendum based on what we know now.
Old 21-12-2018, 16:15   #5464
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What I voted doesn't change my point. It's not undemocratic to want a second referendum based on what we know now.
why hide it then?
Old 21-12-2018, 16:21   #5465
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
why hide it then?
Who said I'm hiding anything. Leave or remain, my point still stands. I've not even personally said we should have a second referendum. My point is it's not undemocratic to want a a second referendum.
Old 21-12-2018, 16:22   #5466
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Who said I'm hiding anything. Leave or remain, my point still stands. I've not even personally said we should have a second referendum. My point is it's not undemocratic to want a a second referendum.
If your not hiding it spit it out.
Old 21-12-2018, 16:28   #5467
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
If your not hiding it spit it out.
Why when it has nothing to do with the point I'm raising? I voted remain. Still has no point in a second referendum wouldn't be undemocratic. I've not even said I personally want a second referendum.
Old 21-12-2018, 16:33   #5468
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Why when it has nothing to do with the point I'm raising? I voted remain. Still has no point in a second referendum wouldn't be undemocratic. I've not even said I personally want a second referendum.
I have some good news for you nothing has changed in regard to the remain option , there's no new information to be had about your choice of option in the referendum,so no need to rerun it for those who voted remain.
Old 21-12-2018, 16:44   #5469
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I have some good news for you nothing has changed in regard to the remain option , there's no new information to be had about your choice of option in the referendum,so no need to rerun it for those who voted remain.
I'm not sure what you don't understand about me saying my choice of remain or leave has nothing to do with my point. Furthermore, I haven't stated I personally want a second referendum. This is one reason why I didn't want to tell you how I voted, you simply want to twist this into something it isn't. Furthermore, how do you now know that I'd still vote remain anyway?

My point is and always was, it's not undemocratic to want a second referendum based on what we know now.
Old 21-12-2018, 16:55   #5470
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
I'm not sure what you don't understand about me saying my choice of remain or leave has nothing to do with my point. Furthermore, I haven't stated I personally want a second referendum. This is one reason why I didn't want to tell you how I voted, you simply want to twist this into something it isn't. Furthermore, how do you now know that I'd still vote remain anyway?

My point is and always was, it's not undemocratic to want a second referendum based on what we know now.
I think we should re run the world cup the Ashes and most of man united's matches based on what we know now but that's not how it works.
Old 21-12-2018, 17:04   #5471
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I think we should re run the world cup the Ashes and most of man united's matches based on what we know now but that's not how it works.
No, that's not how sport works. The future of the country isn't based on sports results. And if you have to come up with a comparison like that, it says a lot about your argument.
Old 21-12-2018, 17:16   #5472
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
That's how it works in the Olympics...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...al-doping.html
Quote:
When an Olympic medalist is caught doping, any medals he or she has won are usually ordered returned, to be awarded to the next finisher in line.
And in football

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ropeanfootball

Quote:
Juventus were last night dealt the most crushing blow in the club's illustrious history when a sporting tribunal set up by the Italian federation to decide on claims of match-fixing ordered the club be relegated to Serie B and forced to start next season with a 30-point deduction. It is unlikely they will play in the Champions League before at least 2009.

Milan, who were expected to emerge relatively unscathed from the biggest scandal to hit Italian football in modern times, were instead left facing at least two years out of European competition. Silvio Berlusconi's side avoided enforced relegation but were stripped of 44 points from last season, dropping them out of the European qualification spots, and given a 15-point handicap for next.

Lazio and Fiorentina were sent down to Serie B, where they will enter the championship with minus-seven and minus-12 points respectively. Luciano Moggi, the Juventus general manager at the centre of the affair, was banned from football for five years and the former president of the Italian federation, Franco Carraro, was excluded for 4½ years for failing to stop this rot at the very heart of the game.
And in the Tour De France

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/19369375
Quote:
Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and given a lifetime ban by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).
Cheats usually always get caught.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 21-12-2018, 17:18   #5473
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's not ridiculous at all though is it. Even if you take into account what vote remain were saying, it's not undemocratic to want a second referendum based on what we know now. It could be said the first referendum shouldn't have took place until we know what we know now.
The Remainers would say that anyway. They are insinuating that the Leavers didn't know what they were voting for. Who are the Remainers to decide that?

What would you be saying if the Leavers were demanding another referendum because nothing further would have happened on a "what we know now" basis? Clearly that would be likely but the theoretical question is worth asking.

Many Remainers will stop at nothing to defy democracy just because they disagree with the Referendum result. That's bad.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 21-12-2018, 17:19   #5474
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's how it works in the Olympics...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...al-doping.html

And in football

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ropeanfootball

And in the Tour De France

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/19369375

Cheats usually always get caught.
"When an Olympic medalist is caught doping, any medals he or she has won are usually ordered returned, to be awarded to the next finisher in line.
And in football"

How much dope did the remain camp take prior to the vote?
Old 21-12-2018, 17:19   #5475
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s worse the other way: 8.7 million were going to vote one way without engaging any meaningful debate. Kinda proves why these things should be left out of the hands of a narrow minded public.
Fiction. Say something useful, please.

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread