Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 09-08-2013, 20:08   #2251
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Rumour: Sky to rebrand Sky Arts Channels?

I am hearing that Sky may also be set to rebrand their Sky Arts Channels.

Here is the new channels names that I was told of -

-Sky Arts
-Sky Arts HD
-Sky Arts “In Concert”
-Sky Arts “In Concert” HD

Bear in mind this post is an rumour and not been confirm by Sky.

Sky Rebrand the Arts channels all time, Just like they do with the Sports channel...Skysports Ashes for example. Unless you think this will be a permanent change?
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2013, 20:13   #2252
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
Sky Rebrand the Arts channels all time, Just like they do with the Sports channel...Skysports Ashes for example. Unless you think this will be a permanent change?
They could call it "Sky fArts" for all I care. I am more interested in the content, not the name.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 18:50   #2253
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Android Sky+ users may want to keep there eyes on the Google Play store coming real.......soon
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 18:55   #2254
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Android Sky+ users may want to keep there eyes on the Google Play store coming real.......soon
do tell
Old 13-08-2013, 18:57   #2255
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Just about to post that, darn you beat me to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
do tell
Always better to wait and enjoy the surprise more
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 19:00   #2256
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Just about to post that, darn you beat me to it

Always better to wait and enjoy the surprise more
Nooooo...I want to know now, or I'll scream and scream
Old 13-08-2013, 19:12   #2257
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Nooooo...I want to know now, or I'll scream and scream
Scream and scream, trust me wont be too long before you find out and wait will be worth it
Old 14-08-2013, 08:46   #2258
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BSkyB worries City.

http://advanced-television.com/2013/...-worries-city/
Old 14-08-2013, 09:45   #2259
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That is a good read. I found this very interesting:

"Despite only being at the start of this season’s EPL games the fact is Sky is barely 16 months away from having to start the negotiation all over again. And in that period every Tom, Dick & Harry sports-owner will be seeking a battle between Sky, BT and anyone else for those valuable rights. Will Al Jazeera Sport, for example, enter the bidding round?"
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 09:52   #2260
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That is a good read. I found this very interesting:

"Despite only being at the start of this season’s EPL games the fact is Sky is barely 16 months away from having to start the negotiation all over again. And in that period every Tom, Dick & Harry sports-owner will be seeking a battle between Sky, BT and anyone else for those valuable rights. Will Al Jazeera Sport, for example, enter the bidding round?"
Indeed Chad and no doubt the price paid for these new rights will go up again and alas its us Joe Public who will be paying for it at the end of the day.
Old 14-08-2013, 10:15   #2261
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed Chad and no doubt the price paid for these new rights will go up again and alas its us Joe Public who will be paying for it at the end of the day.
Speak for yourself pal I've cancelled my premiums , theres a simple answer if your not happy with the price DONT pay it. I will now sit tight and await an offer through the post if one doesn't arrive I'll make do with Chads FTA list and watch the odd time through Now TV , I already have movies for a £1 through Now TV.
Old 14-08-2013, 10:31   #2262
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Speak for yourself pal I've cancelled my premiums , theres a simple answer if your not happy with the price DONT pay it. I will now sit tight and await an offer through the post if one doesn't arrive I'll make do with Chads FTA list and watch the odd time through Now TV , I already have movies for a £1 through Now TV.
Thanks for the name check

Got to agree. I'm heading that way myself. Once my 50% off deal expires I can't see me keeping SKY Sports. There is an incredible amount of football for free on TV. We've also got 64 live games to look forward to in 10 months when Brazil 2014 kicks-off plus even more sport thanks to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 12:17   #2263
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
do tell
Have a look for yourself its live in the Google play store now
Old 14-08-2013, 12:42   #2264
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
What Sky package you got now then MM?
Old 14-08-2013, 12:45   #2265
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Entertainment Extra + , just felt we weren't getting value for money from the Sky premium channels.