Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Keysafe advise

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Keysafe advise

Old 09-07-2020, 10:55   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Keysafe advise

As you may know my mum has been left paralysed by the Coronavirus.

She is currently in a nursing home, and we are in the process of turning the dining room in to a room to put a hospital bed.

The snag is some cabinets we wanted in there have to go (now it's fun boxing it and storing it safely.)

As she will need a carer coming in 4 times a day and possible someone sitting with her overnight.

As such we need to get a key safe to allow carers to enter the house at odd hours. Can anyone recommend one (Preferable Amazon). It will be under some cover.

Last edited by Hom3r; 09-07-2020 at 11:55.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2020, 11:34   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Keysafe advise

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/MASTER-LO...s%2C171&sr=8-8

We got this one for mum in law’s house for the same reason - worked well.

Some advice from the Police - make sure the key box is out of sight of passersby; reduces the chance of scrotes knocking it off the wall, breaking into it, then using the key to get in the house.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:37   #3
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

We used one of these (but got it from Toolstation as I was going there almost daily and it was a bit cheaper ) when we were renovating the new house so all the trades could get in without being around. It worked OK, you can change the combination whenever you need to. However, if someone rips it off the wall then they have a key for the house - but if they're going to do that then they probably wouldn't give too hoots about breaking in without a key.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:42   #4
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/MASTER-LO...s%2C171&sr=8-8

We got this one for mum in law’s house for the same reason - worked well.

Some advice from the Police - make sure the key box is out of sight of passersby; reduces the chance of scrotes knocking it off the wall, breaking into it, then using the key to get in the house.

I bought on from Keysafe.co.uk it was dearer than the one you mention but seems more robust.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:46   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Mine as installed by the council, has a dark brown cover. Making it less obvious as to what it is. Not sure a combination lock is going to be that secure, as the tendency, will be to leave it on the unlock code, especially if it's being used regularly.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:43   #6
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Mine as installed by the council, has a dark brown cover. Making it less obvious as to what it is. Not sure a combination lock is going to be that secure, as the tendency, will be to leave it on the unlock code, especially if it's being used regularly.

As I did not qualify for council supply I had to bye mine, AGE UK fitted it.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 13:08   #7
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
As I did not qualify for council supply I had to bye mine, AGE UK fitted it.
My point was more about the appearance, and also that I have no idea where it was bought.

Looked inside the box. It seems to be one(or very similar) of these.
Link.
Main supplier link

More expensive, but claims to be Police approved, and one of only 2 achieving a high security rating.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote