Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Duplicate recordings glitch

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Duplicate recordings glitch

Old 15-06-2020, 10:42   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Duplicate recordings glitch

An odd one this.

I've got two Series Links for two different shows. They both have the same settings yet one records only one version of the show, and the other also records the HD channel and the +1.

The reason I'm comparing these particular two Series Links? They are both on the same channel within a couple hours of one another.

I can't think on any obvious reasons for one producing 1 recording and the other producing 3 recordings.

At a stretch maybe there is something hidden in the programme data, maybe it doesn't exist for the show only recording one episode, which is a new series, but it does for the show which is recording 3 copies, which is on Series 14.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2020, 11:51   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Duplicate recordings glitch

Depends what the episode data is where it records both - If TiVo can't tell what the series / episode / new status is for instance it will err on the side of caution.
Old 15-06-2020, 12:29   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Depends what the episode data is where it records both - If TiVo can't tell what the series / episode / new status is for instance it will err on the side of caution.
I've seen it do it to other shows when it doesn't have a proper episode title, so I know what you mean. I don't think this wasn't the problem here, it had the correct title, episode number and New marking. And it's showing as going to repeat this multiple recording anomaly next week.
Old 15-06-2020, 12:35   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I think you'll need to give us programme details to investigate this one further
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 12:50   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I think you'll need to give us programme details to investigate this one further
Sure.

Supernatural on E4. It's on in early hours of Monday. I have identical settings on Batwoman and it only records E4 SD.

Many thanks BenMcr and spiderplant.
Old 15-06-2020, 13:03   #6
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

I tape both every week with no problems but although both are on E4HD they are SD broadcasts
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 13:44   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I don't see any obvious difference. I've just set a series link with default options for both of them, and it's only planning to record from E4, with no duplicates. What recording options do you have on them?
Old 15-06-2020, 14:06   #8
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I don't see any obvious difference. I've just set a series link with default options for both of them, and it's only planning to record from E4, with no duplicates. What recording options do you have on them?
Recordings only, Start from: Series 1, New Only, All, If possible, 10 recordings, Space needed, On time, On time.

Got these same settings on both Batwoman and Supernatural, and only Supernatural does the HD and +1 recordings as well as SD channel.

Could there be a legacy Series Link problem as I probably had Supernatural on the Original Tivo and the link got carried over to the V6?

I'm wondering if deleting the Series Link and re-adding it might remove whatever's doing it.
Old 15-06-2020, 15:41   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Ok, by using those settings I have reproduced the fault. I suspect the episode data is wrong for Supernatural and it thinks they are three different episodes. I'll get it looked at.
Old 15-06-2020, 15:49   #10
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ok, by using those settings I have reproduced the fault. I suspect the episode data is wrong for Supernatural and it thinks they are three different episodes. I'll get it looked at.
Top stuff.
Old 15-06-2020, 19:38   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
I tape both every week with no problems but although both are on E4HD they are SD broadcasts
You didn't actually mean 'tape' did you, John?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 05:47   #12
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You didn't actually mean 'tape' did you, John?
Ha ha, no, record to TiVo, showing my age...
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 10:24   #13
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Top stuff.
OK, it's fixed now. (Thanks, EPG fairy!)
Old 16-06-2020, 11:18   #14
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
OK, it's fixed now. (Thanks, EPG fairy!)
So I see.

I dub thee folks The EPG Whisperers.

Thanks again.
Old 26-06-2020, 15:26   #15
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I looked at Planned Recordings just now and it's happening again.
OK it's not identical, there is no episode name or number this time, so I know the box is working as designed.

Different show this time and it looks like it's going to happen next week too.

World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys. 4 recordings HD/SD/+1/AD.

The box is due to connect in 2 hours so I'll delete the duplicates for this week if that doesn't sort it. (I know I can connect manually but that give more time for the info at the other end to be fixed, if I just leave it for now.)