Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 16-01-2020, 09:25   #2086
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Many of the browsers can be customised by use of a .css file in the appropriate profile. I use this to customise the tabs in FF. Needed after the classic theme restorer plug-in stopped working.

The new tab button only turns green when hovered on. The tabs have gaps between them that the background shows through.

Attachment 28188
My problem is i hate with a passion how the current google Chrome looks when its not in full screen and this also means Edge Chromium is similar, i just wish it was better looking like in Vivaldi.

For me to use Edge as my main browser i will have to change the search engine on the start page, i believe that is locked to Bing, so will look for an alternative start page in the Chrome store.

p.s that theme you have there is soooooooo bad! lol
Old 16-01-2020, 09:35   #2087
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

It's like that because the windows theme is Zune and that is mostly monochrome except for active buttons that are orange.
Old 16-01-2020, 09:39   #2088
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It's like that because the windows theme is Zune and that is mostly monochrome except for active buttons that are orange.
Sunglasses needed!

Just discovered you can't use the themes from the chrome store with Edge.

Atleast my essentials still work, Lastpass and Ublock Origin.
Old 16-01-2020, 10:05   #2089
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

link to download new Microsoft edge chromium as not in windows update yet

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge...GB&OCID=MO12GB

Last edited by Dave42; 16-01-2020 at 10:46.
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 10:08   #2090
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Be useful to see a comparison between that and the Chtome browser.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 10:24   #2091
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

There is also a new version of this for Android.
Old 16-01-2020, 10:51   #2092
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Can I take this opportunity to report that it's now 2 days since support for Win 7 was dropped.

My house hasn't burnt down, bank account been trashed, car stolen, or a large sink hole appeared in the front garden.

Maybe it's because I'm running dual boot with Ubuntu Studio. . . oh and System Restore works fine

Wife did forget to put sugar in my coffee yesterday, but I'm attributing that one to human error.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 11:31   #2093
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I'll be setting up dual boot with Linux Mint this weekend. No doubt I'll fully migrate to Linux eventually.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 13:10   #2094
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I'll be setting up dual boot with Linux Mint this weekend. No doubt I'll fully migrate to Linux eventually.
Same, windows is mainly used for gaming, but with gaming requirements pushing ridiculous prices (GFX, CPU RAM upgrades) I can see me joining the PS4 thread in the near future
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 16:23   #2095
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Can I take this opportunity to report that it's now 2 days since support for Win 7 was dropped.

My house hasn't burnt down, bank account been trashed, car stolen, or a large sink hole appeared in the front garden.
None of my desktops have exploded either .....

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 22:16   #2096
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

So Windows 7 support ended 2 days ago but I've just finished installing 4 updates. I thought yesterday mornings would be the last.
Old 16-01-2020, 22:46   #2097
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I guess it will be future updates.
Old 16-01-2020, 22:57   #2098
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I guess it will be future updates.
You mean like what happened with XP?
Old 17-01-2020, 00:19   #2099
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

No I'm just guessing they will stop coding updates now, you got updates coded before the end date.
Old 17-01-2020, 08:53   #2100
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

tbh getting Windows updates are usually the source of any pc problem I get. Not getting them would be a bonus! Curse the day I upgraded to W10....
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote